The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #51
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
If you do 300 a day, and have 1 or 2 go south. Thats better then a majority of businesses out there.

I have never even been to your site. I built a whole truck and didnt order one cpp part. Im heading over there now to see what i missed.

THanks for sticking around jeff. After a few months of some constant good service, hopefully they will let you back on. Maybe a few people who had good experiences will post up here.
It was actually a bit of a blessing in disguise when Josh gassed us for me bending over backwards and giving memebers super super deep discounts. Honestly i am super busy and was struggling to stay on top of the members needs hile doing my daily buisness that when he pulled us it was truly a sigh of relief! I am not looking to come back i just want to make sure everyone is taken care of thats all, same way before we were removed. See you in a bit!
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #52
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Once again, I appreciate your continued diligence in making things right. Honestly Jeff you and Danny have been the only saving grace for CPP on this site.

Although its not my place to speak for Josh, I can tell you why the requests were ignored. It was simply because of the bad reputation that CPP has acquired on this forum.
I understand Ken i really do, but just like my ex wife before she cheated on me, why all the games, she could have came right out and said i dont love you anymore just like Josh could have returned my calls and told me he thought i was a douchebag and i would have been good with that but he never even gave me the time of day, not cool in my eyes but really he owns this site and does not owe me an explanation i suppose... Different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #53
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
In my next life i will sell fan relay kits and i promise #1 thru 4 will all be handled accordingly, at CPP the catalog has 300 pages of goodies. I can honestly say i have been in retail 20 years i have worked 11 of those here and NEVER in my life have i ever experienced a place so busy in my life and the last company i was with was on the Fortune 500 on the New York stock exchange. I have come to realize you do the best you can do and that all you can do, stress is the leading cause of death, i refuse to have my funeral at 37 years old! Your point is well taken and if you are ever in the Orange County area stop by and i will give you a shop tour.
The fan kit was just an example. We do sell other items but not on your scale at all. I understand your problems are much greater due to the scale of the operations but the principles still apply whether its one item or 3000 items.

My personal experience with your company was when I purchased a front sway bar kit for my 72 Chevy. It arrived as an open box resealed. The mounting hardware was for the front but the bar was for the rear sway bar kit. I called to get it resolved and was told I didn't know how to install it.

After some conversation I convinced the sales man to go measure the front in a box in your inventory, turns out mine was 6 inches or so to narrow. In order for me to get a front sway bar I ended up having to order a rear with a front bar in the box. It took 4 weeks to get it straightened out.

The thing that irritated me the most was blaming me and saying I didn't know how to install it even after I told them it was to short. I had been in the auto business at that point just over 40 years. It was not an experience I will repeat. The good part is I have not had any quality issues with the kits but its not enough to make me buy again.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #54
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
The fan kit was just an example. We do sell other items but not on your scale at all. I understand your problems are much greater due to the scale of the operations but the principles still apply whether its one item or 3000 items.

My personal experience with your company was when I purchased a front sway bar kit for my 72 Chevy. It arrived as an open box resealed. The mounting hardware was for the front but the bar was for the rear sway bar kit. I called to get it resolved and was told I didn't know how to install it.

After some conversation I convinced the sales man to go measure the front in a box in your inventory, turns out mine was 6 inches or so to narrow. In order for me to get a front sway bar I ended up having to order a rear with a front bar in the box. It took 4 weeks to get it straightened out.

The thing that irritated me the most was blaming me and saying I didn't know how to install it even after I told them it was to short. I had been in the auto business at that point just over 40 years. It was not an experience I will repeat. The good part is I have not had any quality issues with the kits but its not enough to make me buy again.
Dave i knew that was just an example and your story would have made me a bit aggitated! Its funny when you work at a top notch place like CPP and there product fits so nice, thats always default #1 to think its installation error which is a total bozo nono!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #55
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Ken dont fall over when i say this but its made out to be a WAY bigger deal than it actually is. We ship about 300 orders a day and i would say 1 of 300 goes south and all of them are very fixable, and although i wish there was no need to fix anything its just nature of the beast. This place is actually not a new company and runs really well outside of these constant glitches that are brought to the boards. My boss is far from somebody who doesn't care and i can say we tried MANY times to get with Josh and find out what we needed to do to remain a site vendor and he ignored my requests aswell as Jims, kind of sounds like the service we supposedly give our customers! Seriously the wierdest part is we are beating sales records and every phone line in the building is lit off the hook all day long, so we must be doing ALOT right! I agree i wish i would never have problems here but i am convinced that these issues will always be around. Great to hear from you Ken! Your truck looks killer!
not to be an ass, so don't take it that way. I do know one of the many times Josh did contact Jim, he was told by Jim that he was out ( I believe at shows or such) on the East Coast, and that he would call back or contact in 2 weeks. It was aprox 2 months later that the return contact came, which was also while we were at the hospital delivering Ryleigh. Not exactly an opportune time to discuss problems.

Aside from that, Josh could better tell what where when.. but it comes across as ya'll tried to contact and were ignored, and that is simply not true. I myself emailed Jim about some issues last year and still have never gotten a reply whatsoever. I know some contacts with you were left open. That was due to it being on a higher level (ie Jim) whom Josh has dealt with off and on over the years. The mud slinging fest that supposedly followed (as per members whom txt, called etc going wtf is up with cpp talking crap about you guys when we call) probably did not help with the communications either. If it happened or not, I can not say.. but it is what kept coming back to us.

I also do want to apologize to you personally for semi blowing you off in the fall. As you know, I was put in the hospital with high blood pressure during the pregnancy. I was on medicine that seriously screwed with my thought process, and I was not allowed to be in stressful situations at all. That left Josh to play Momma and Daddy to our kids, as well as run the site and deal with all the loose ends I left. Ken and Dave stepped up and did everything they could to help out. I did reply and let you know somewhat that I was not around, but did want to let you know here why I could not tend to issues and questions you had. That is at the same time Josh and Jim were playing contact tag.

I do appreciate you helping and working on things as well. It is very frustrating for all involved. Believe it or not, I worked retail and owned a parts business for years, so I do understand the idiots, nice folks, clowns, good customers and everything between. The problem may be a small one in the ratio of customer satisfaction to customer complaint, but it is still going on. Hopefully you guys can get it worked out and maybe talk Jim into getting you some more folk to help out
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #56
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
It was actually a bit of a blessing in disguise when Josh gassed us for me bending over backwards and giving memebers super super deep discounts. Honestly i am super busy and was struggling to stay on top of the members needs hile doing my daily buisness that when he pulled us it was truly a sigh of relief! I am not looking to come back i just want to make sure everyone is taken care of thats all, same way before we were removed. See you in a bit!
Now to be an ass do you seriously think constantly talking crap about Josh will get you anywhere? It really does make you look petty in the eyes of many...
And franklly it is starting to piss me off on a personal level. I would love to see things work out for all, as vendor issues are not a thing we aspire towards. However, your comments are seriously getting old. I know you're from Cali where crassness is acceptable. Darlin, I was born n raised in New York. I moved south to get away from that junk.. but sadly the New Yorker is close to coming back out.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #57
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Once again, I appreciate your continued diligence in making things right. Honestly Jeff you and Danny have been the only saving grace for CPP on this site.

Although its not my place to speak for Josh, I can tell you why the requests were ignored. It was simply because of the bad reputation that CPP has acquired on this forum.
absolutely, and agreed fully.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #58
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
not to be an ass, so don't take it that way. I do know one of the many times Josh did contact Jim, he was told by Jim that he was out ( I believe at shows or such) on the East Coast, and that he would call back or contact in 2 weeks. It was aprox 2 months later that the return contact came, which was also while we were at the hospital delivering Ryleigh. Not exactly an opportune time to discuss problems.

Aside from that, Josh could better tell what where when.. but it comes across as ya'll tried to contact and were ignored, and that is simply not true. I myself emailed Jim about some issues last year and still have never gotten a reply whatsoever. I know some contacts with you were left open. That was due to it being on a higher level (ie Jim) whom Josh has dealt with off and on over the years. The mud slinging fest that supposedly followed (as per members whom txt, called etc going wtf is up with cpp talking crap about you guys when we call) probably did not help with the communications either. If it happened or not, I can not say.. but it is what kept coming back to us.

I also do want to apologize to you personally for semi blowing you off in the fall. As you know, I was put in the hospital with high blood pressure during the pregnancy. I was on medicine that seriously screwed with my thought process, and I was not allowed to be in stressful situations at all. That left Josh to play Momma and Daddy to our kids, as well as run the site and deal with all the loose ends I left. Ken and Dave stepped up and did everything they could to help out. I did reply and let you know somewhat that I was not around, but did want to let you know here why I could not tend to issues and questions you had. That is at the same time Josh and Jim were playing contact tag.

I do appreciate you helping and working on things as well. It is very frustrating for all involved. Believe it or not, I worked retail and owned a parts business for years, so I do understand the idiots, nice folks, clowns, good customers and everything between. The problem may be a small one in the ratio of customer satisfaction to customer complaint, but it is still going on. Hopefully you guys can get it worked out and maybe talk Jim into getting you some more folk to help out
I know Liz, there is alot i probably dont know and honestly if i met you and Josh in person i am 100% percent confident i would like you guys and vise versa! I know how much stress you were under with the pregnancy and at that point i was more worried about your well being than a customer mad at CPP. I want to appologize to you Josh and every member of this board who has had issues with our customer service, we really try hard on a daily basis and its just discouraging when we run into so many pitfalls. Anyways come out to California and let me take you and Josh out to dinner, there is no hard feelings at all, maybe someday i will get that call from Josh and we can revisit the account and see what we can do to get up to par with board expectations. Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #59
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Now to be an ass do you seriously think constantly talking crap about Josh will get you anywhere? It really does make you look petty in the eyes of many...
And franklly it is starting to piss me off on a personal level. I would love to see things work out for all, as vendor issues are not a thing we aspire towards. However, your comments are seriously getting old. I know you're from Cali where crassness is acceptable. Darlin, I was born n raised in New York. I moved south to get away from that junk.. but sadly the New Yorker is close to coming back out.
I dont think he is talking crap. He simply said when josh dumped the account. I didnt take it as talking crap. Just saw it more as a guy bummed out that he did what he feels he could and it wasnt good enough.

At least people are still communicating. Sucks when a thread gets shut down.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #60
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Wow Liz i didnt see this till after my last post. I am going to leave it alone seeings you are getting aggitated, my appologies, that was not my motive at all. Again my appologies i was just saying things the way i saw them but again i could be 100% incorrect. There might be some details i am missing buts its all good lets just move on now and help these members/ CPP customers get there issues rectified.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #61
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Just my $0.02. It's not the fact CPP has problems with some orders, everyone does eventually. It's the way they are handled that causes the issue. When a customer has a problem and is told it is their fault or they do not know what they are talking about it doesn't sit will with most. If the problems were taken care of appropriately to start with instead of being brushed aside or ignored or simply some communication in place when problems do arise it would be much better. I would suggest looking into Bob Farrell's line of customer service. Give em the pickle, in the end is making every last ounce of $$$ worth pissing off people and giving yourself and those who support/supported you for years a bad rap for doing so? I used to send people your way way before you guys were even a vendor on the site due to the reputation your parts have.

I would love to be able to stand behind you guys 100%, but the general way your customer support comes across to customers makes that impossible.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #62
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Ok i just had my sales rep leave a message with the customer, just to clear the air, at this point the customer has had 3 columns in his possesion according to the order. I will get all the details and keep you guys posted. Thanks
I did get a message from Danny. But I'd rather deal with you at this point if at all possible. Name is Jonathan Rowland.

Now the three column thing is NOT correct....just to make sure the air is "clear". As I posted here...I got the first column in which was damaged. Got the RMA and sent it back. then got this same column back to me. They said they were shipping another but I have never seen another one. Just this one sent to me twice. So I've only had 1 column in my possession this entire time although I have had it twice.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #63
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Wow Liz i didnt see this till after my last post. I am going to leave it alone seeings you are getting aggitated, my appologies, that was not my motive at all. Again my appologies i was just saying things the way i saw them but again i could be 100% incorrect. There might be some details i am missing buts its all good lets just move on now and help these members/ CPP customers get there issues rectified.
OK I took it the wrong way then and do apologize for getting pissy. As everyone says, it is harder to understand or process the thoughts in text then in person.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
I did get a message from Danny. But I'd rather deal with you at this point if at all possible. Name is Jonathan Rowland.

Now the three column thing is NOT correct....just to make sure the air is "clear". As I posted here...I got the first column in which was damaged. Got the RMA and sent it back. then got this same column back to me. They said they were shipping another but I have never seen another one. Just this one sent to me twice. So I've only had 1 column in my possession this entire time although I have had it twice.
Ok i am callin him to my desk right after lunch! I did see 3 columns on the invoice and yes bro i will be stepping in today to make sure we get this handled. Thanks for clearing this up...
Old 03-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #65
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Just my $0.02. It's not the fact CPP has problems with some orders, everyone does eventually. It's the way they are handled that causes the issue. When a customer has a problem and is told it is their fault or they do not know what they are talking about it doesn't sit will with most. If the problems were taken care of appropriately to start with instead of being brushed aside or ignored or simply some communication in place when problems do arise it would be much better. I would suggest looking into Bob Farrell's line of customer service. Give em the pickle, in the end is making every last ounce of $$$ worth pissing off people and giving yourself and those who support/supported you for years a bad rap for doing so? I used to send people your way way before you guys were even a vendor on the site due to the reputation your parts have.

I would love to be able to stand behind you guys 100%, but the general way your customer support comes across to customers makes that impossible.
I agree Josh there is always room for improvement, thanks for all your buisness in the past! You have a *****in website brutha and i mean that!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #66
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
OK I took it the wrong way then and do apologize for getting pissy. As everyone says, it is harder to understand or process the thoughts in text then in person.
I agree Liz totally, you guys are great people with killer website, sorry for all the miscommunication....
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #67
VA72C10
VA72C10

Anything come of the after lunch meeting?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #68
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Anything come of the after lunch meeting?
It sure did, the replacement column they sent #3 is not trackable which tells me it was never shipped and accidentally invoiced. I have a new replacement column coming to you. Standard cluster fudge!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #69
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Just to throw an old saying out there...

It takes a lot of work to get an at-a-boy and it takes a lot of at-a-boys to make up for an Oh-crap, but one Oh crap wipes out ALL at-a-boys!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #70
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Just to throw an old saying out there...

It takes a lot of work to get an at-a-boy and it takes a lot of at-a-boys to make up for an Oh-crap, but one Oh crap wipes out ALL at-a-boys!
Haha thats a good one~! It takes alot of new gray hair to get through the average day at CPP! Seriously though this is probably the best place on the planet to work and it is SUPER fast paced!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #71
VA72C10
VA72C10

Thanks for the update jeff. I will post here when I receive it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #72
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
WHen you order from CPP, can you order directly through Jeff? Sounds like there would be zero issues here if we went straight through him.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #73
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Quote:
WHen you order from CPP, can you order directly through Jeff? Sounds like there would be zero issues here if we went straight through him.
That's what I did (and will continue to do as needed). No problems here.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #74
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey if you want call me tonight i will have a tracking # for you and the wiring harness plug is not included but i have included one no charge for all your hassels.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #75
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
You guys can always call me, i am totally here to help anyway i can.... You guys are not just customers but alot of you guys are my friends aswell.