The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
J48chevy

Elecrtical?

Well first the good. Started my truck for the first time and success it runs great. The bad, electrical. Here is my dilemma. I have the American Autowire harness I installed. I am running the dolphin/shark manual gauges. When I turn the truck on my gauges are on. I have tried everything I can think of but after 3 hours and same issue I took a break. The back of the gauge with volts/fuel/temp/oil there is a harness with a black, yellow, red, white, blue, green. I know the green is oil, blue is fuel, white is temp, black is ground. The red is + and yellow is + (light switch). This is what manual says. So if this is right I hook the red to 12v fused source and the yellow to???

My speedo gauge just has the 2 wires for the bulbs, red/black. When I hook the grey wire from American Autowire harness that says dash light clearly on the wire to the red wires, and the black to ground, the lights stay on.

As I am not a wiring guru, I have followed all instructions but this one has me perplexed. Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.
Attached Images