The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

66 Short step "Trad Rod" build, A Pabst Blue ribbon theme

Ok guys, I have been busy working on my 66 since before Christmas. Sorry I have not posted any updated pics. Here a few new ones.. I had Jake at the Drop Shop here in Portland do my c-notch and new panhard bar set up. We also up dated and correctly spaced and attached my power steering. I have found a few hard to find Items. Like my PBR shift knob that I found on ebay. The knob was still in its package from the late 60's or early 70's. I also fond the PBR wood beer case box. I have turned that into my tool box. The steering wheel is a original Superior 500 that has been sitting since the 60's. I knocked off the surface rust, polished what was left and re stained the wood.. Look good?

I am doing this whole build on a budget and have to stay cheap. I did a wood bed this weekend. I used 8' cedar fence boards and cut them down. Then used stainless washers with black screws. The truck Stays in my shop so the wood will not see much weather.. It looks trick and only cost me about $30 in materials.

As I have said before. I have a 350 with M-21. I just had 6-states build me a brand new drive line. I have a 355 posi with dutchman axles. Jake and I decided to go with a 3 inch block and a 5 inch spring. I have about 8 inches of static drop in the rear. Rides and drives like a dream. Power steering was installed incorrectly by the previous owner. We finally got it all centered up and measured up. Steers like a champ. I only have 2 inch drop coils in the front. I like the tail drager look. I am trying to keep the truck some what era correct.

I don't label the truck a "Rat Rod" I call it a "Trad Rod." Meaning Traditional Rod. I love the 60-70 theme and the way they used to build cars back then. I am trying to stay the same. The Truck is not prefect. It has a cheap paint job and a little rust in the rockers. But hell.. Its paid for and she out runs most cars I come across. The posi with the 4 speed is trouble. Tires are starting to get expensive.
Attached Images

1965 Chevy 1/2T Longbox, soon to be a slammed shop truck

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591266

Semper Fi Marines
bird7263 is offline   Reply With Quote