The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
c10seth

Re: Look what I found - Worth Buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post
OK guys, there is SO much more to the story, but I really didn't have the energy to type it all out at 1230 this morning, knowing I had work at 6. So, here goes:

To set the scene, do you remember the movie The Goonies? Yeah, I bought the truck from Sloth, and her uncle dad and sister mom. These were some of the freakiest people I have ever seen in my life, and very obviously, that family tree went straight up and down with no branches whatsoever. So I pull up to their house, which is a 1960's single wide right in the heart of the ghetto. These were obviously poor country folk, so no problems there, and God bless them for doing what they do to survive. However, for the many hours I was there, there was a gangsta block party happening on the opposite diagonal corner of the street that they live on. There were lots of old crown vics and caprices all donked out on 26+" wheels, the lambo doors open, and everybody had the stereo's going as loud as they would, all playing different songs at the same time. Very annoying. I have my truck and trailer backed into their "driveway", and the front of the truck just inside their yard at the street. About 2 hours into loading the truck, a car of BM's stops in front of this house, 3 guys get out, walk into the yard and surround my F250, and start looking in it through the open windows, and into the bed, all the while I am 10 feet behind it winching a truck on the trailer. I stand up, yell, Can I help you?! Guy looking in the bed looks at me, gives me the "what's up" head nod, and they all three get back in the car and drive off. I am pretty sure I would have been car jacked had it not been such a PITA to unhook the trailer and the 57 half way on it! Now, to set the stage for the rest of the story, as I stated in a previous post, it took several hours to get the truck out of it's 7 year old ruts with flat tires and a locked up drivetrain up hill onto a trailer with a come-a-long. This entire time, Sloth and the family stood shoulder to shoulder, arms folded, expressionless, staring at me from about 6 feet away. They did not move for 4 hours, except for when Sloth would come over to me every 30 minutes and ask if I wanted to see her pet snake, and then finally came over with a giant rat in her hands, petting it, telling me how she was fattening it up to feed the snake. I tried to be nice and speak to sister mom, said "hi, how are you", she just looked at me with a blank stare. No, she wasn't deaf, as she spoke to Sloth, and kept calling me the strange man. Not A strange man, THE strange man. Finally I got it all loaded up, uncle dad walked around the trailer to take one last look at the truck (which wasn't ever his so no emotional value there) and walked away. I drove as fast out of that area as possible and made my way home. Oh, and for the puking thing, they all stared at me and didn't move or say a word when I puked in the ditch next to the truck that bordered their yard. Nice.
LMFAO. You just can't make that kind of s*$% up.
c10seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
48ChevBagged

LOL I am a car dealer and go to a local car auction and there is a guy that comes to the sale from a franchise car dealership to sale their cars that me and a friend of mine swear is sloths twin brother. We die laughing everytime we see him at the sale. This is a funny story I am sure I would have been having to hold back from laughing while loading up.

Name:  Sloth.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  27.2 KB
48ChevBagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
Midgets50

sounds like you need to get yourself some of the truck stand on wheels. they work pretty good. you set a curved plate under each tire and they all have 4 wheels and you can easily push the truck around on level ground with just one person
Midgets50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
Caddieup

I guess it's just a parts truck but... this could be one of the best trucks ever!!!!
Already the best story. I vote to bring it back to life
Who else has could have a '57 Chevy Sloth edition???

Great read... screw the neighbor!!!

Last edited by Caddieup; 10-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Caddieup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #30
1project2many

LMAO. This is a story to tell your grandkids. Do you have grandkids? A story like this would make you a hero. No, a legend. It's better than watching the latest comic book movie, even in high def video with dolbee surround sound. I can hear it now... "Ohhhyeah??! Well My grandpa fought Gangstas and Goonies while dragging the rustiest truck in the whole state onto a trailer with his bare hands! He had to unload it with his teeth while the Evil Neighbor fought him with a pen and Mercedes hood ornament and then he had to fight angry gramma to keep it in the driveway!

Don't mess with my Grampa."

FWIW I'm sure a few of us could arrange to send down some well aged "welcome wagons" to make your neighbor feel right at home.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #31
OrrieG

Can't top it, best I can do is a guy that truly had green mold growing on his teeth when I asked about the truck next to his house. I could really have a lot of fun with your neighbor, ours gets a little wacked out now and then and I know how to punch the buttons to escalate it. Good call on leaving it in the drive for a while. Some rat rodder will show up and you can sell it for a bargain 1K because of the priceless patina.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #32
solidaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Can't top it, it. Some rat rodder will show up and you can sell it for a bargain 1K because of the priceless patina.
Good call, I think that one gets the chicken dinner for the best looking Patina truck i have seen on here!!
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Divine 59

danheit:

Where did you have to go to pick that up. I am familiar with where Little River, SC is. I have relatives around Dillon. I know they don't have anything like that on the property though. IF you decide to part it out I may be interested in a few small items. They may be more trouble to take off for you, but I will be happy to reimburse you....
I'll send a PM to you once I know for certain you will part it out.
Divine 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #34
Divine 59

PS. I loved your story....Truth is stranger than fiction. LOL
Divine 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #35
danheit

Divine, I had to go to Fair Bluff, NC to get the truck, about 44 miles away. Dunno for sure I am gonna part it out just yet, but I will let ya know!
1979 Jeep CJ7 - Build date on the day I was born! -Keeper
2004 Expedition - Family Hauler
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #36
danheit

Gonna do a small build/refresh on this truck now. Check out the build in my signature. I'm sure you can guess which one it is!!
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #37
tttuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post
OK guys, there is SO much more to the story, but I really didn't have the energy to type it all out at 1230 this morning, knowing I had work at 6. So, here goes:

To set the scene, do you remember the movie The Goonies? Yeah, I bought the truck from Sloth, and her uncle dad and sister mom. These were some of the freakiest people I have ever seen in my life, and very obviously, that family tree went straight up and down with no branches whatsoever. So I pull up to their house, which is a 1960's single wide right in the heart of the ghetto. These were obviously poor country folk, so no problems there, and God bless them for doing what they do to survive. However, for the many hours I was there, there was a gangsta block party happening on the opposite diagonal corner of the street that they live on. There were lots of old crown vics and caprices all donked out on 26+" wheels, the lambo doors open, and everybody had the stereo's going as loud as they would, all playing different songs at the same time. Very annoying. I have my truck and trailer backed into their "driveway", and the front of the truck just inside their yard at the street. About 2 hours into loading the truck, a car of BM's stops in front of this house, 3 guys get out, walk into the yard and surround my F250, and start looking in it through the open windows, and into the bed, all the while I am 10 feet behind it winching a truck on the trailer. I stand up, yell, Can I help you?! Guy looking in the bed looks at me, gives me the "what's up" head nod, and they all three get back in the car and drive off. I am pretty sure I would have been car jacked had it not been such a PITA to unhook the trailer and the 57 half way on it! Now, to set the stage for the rest of the story, as I stated in a previous post, it took several hours to get the truck out of it's 7 year old ruts with flat tires and a locked up drivetrain up hill onto a trailer with a come-a-long. This entire time, Sloth and the family stood shoulder to shoulder, arms folded, expressionless, staring at me from about 6 feet away. They did not move for 4 hours, except for when Sloth would come over to me every 30 minutes and ask if I wanted to see her pet snake, and then finally came over with a giant rat in her hands, petting it, telling me how she was fattening it up to feed the snake. I tried to be nice and speak to sister mom, said "hi, how are you", she just looked at me with a blank stare. No, she wasn't deaf, as she spoke to Sloth, and kept calling me the strange man. Not A strange man, THE strange man. Finally I got it all loaded up, uncle dad walked around the trailer to take one last look at the truck (which wasn't ever his so no emotional value there) and walked away. I drove as fast out of that area as possible and made my way home. Oh, and for the puking thing, they all stared at me and didn't move or say a word when I puked in the ditch next to the truck that bordered their yard. Nice.
So were there banjos playing in the background?
tttuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
danheit

If there were, I couldn't here them over the bass