The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #101
swyfor5

Re: Custom bumpers

Yea, I know. I must be the last of the "nice" guy's! I sent him a e-mail yesterday morning saying I was considering sending in the c-card dispute, and BAM! I got a message from him. He answered a couple of questions I had asked and told me my replacement tubes should be finished sometime this week. I asked him to let me know when they are shipped, so I know what to expect. Been gathering some power tools around, so I can cut the two outer tubes off. Cut them off, grind down the old weld areas, clean it up good, and get the new tubes welded on the way I want them. Talked to a local shop about repainting the whole thing when I get it fabbed up right. Also talked with my dad about freeing up some space to start wrenching on this project. My sister just bought some ajoining property with a 24'x32' pole building on it. Maybe move pop's 66 pontiac over there, and set my k5 up in the barn close to my house! I think it's time to look at air compressors, use air at work every day, and am kinda spoiled!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #102
swyfor5

Got a message saying they got the tubing in yesterday, and are going to bend my tubes the way I want them tomorrow. we'll see, wont we!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #103
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyfor5 View Post
Got a message saying they got the tubing in yesterday, and are going to bend my tubes the way I want them tomorrow. we'll see, wont we!
Got the tubing IN...!!??
WTF, he doesn't stock tubing either?

What a clown operation.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #104
swyfor5

This clown ain't laughing just yet! Just need those tubes and I'll be good to go!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #105
vtblazer

Quote:
This clown ain't laughing just yet! Just need those tubes and I'll be good to go!
You knew I was referring to KMC, right?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #106
swyfor5

Oh ya!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #107
swyfor5

Still waiting. Talking to local boys about re-fabricating the bumper just in case! Also still working on my dad about freeing up working space for the entire project. Gotta get his Pontiac out soon for a show around the first of August.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #108
vtblazer

Any new info here...?

Did the guy ever really admit that he sent you the wrong bumper at least?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #109
swyfor5

Hey, I got the two tubes I was waiting for from him via UPS yesterday. They look like I can make it work the way I want it to be. And to answer your question, no he never did admit that it was his fault at all. It was from April 8 2009 when I ordered the bumper, till July 23rd 2009 before I even got the tubes resembling the prerunner/grill guard setup I wanted. Now I have to cut the original outer tubes off, clean it up good, and have the new tubes welded on where I want them. Not to mention repainting it all! I see an upside to this situation, I am going to set the tubes up so I have room to mount 2 old school KC highlight offroad lights I have toward the center tube. Got the warn winch sitting here, and it will work with KNMTN's design. I like the low profile look of the bumper, and it will work good with my high lift setup. I can tell YOU ALL right now, I will not be ordering a Hitcher rear bumper or anything else from Kennesaw Mountain. I'm going camping with the whole famdamily soon, so now that I actually have the right tubes, when I get back, I'll concentrate on fabbing this bumper the way I want it to look on my K5! I will post up pic's of the progress asap! Thank's for being so patient guy's!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #110
swyfor5

Sorry, nothing new here. got the tubes I need to refab the grill guard, but want to wait till I get the K5 out of storage to see what I'll need to mount it up to the front frame. I want to get all the welding done at the same time, so I can proceed to paint and mount.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #111
swyfor5

Here's the tubes Kyle sent me, looks like they'll work. Going to wait until I break the K5 out of storage to redesign the welding. That way I know it is the way I want it. On vacation Sunday to Sunday, y'all have a good one!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #112
swyfor5

Oh yah! Back from vacation. Spent 8 days on the Muskegon river with the wife, my three girls, my 2 German Shepards, all the inlaws, and thier kids, friends, and thier friends, and everybody else. WOW, feels good to be home. Gotta go back to work tomorrow and rest up! Going to hit Dad up this week about freeing up space for the K5, so I can mount up this wincher bumper, and warn winch. The tubes I got from KNMTM should weld up the way I want the grill/guard to look. Anybody else got any feedback on KNMTM AC?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #113
swyfor5

Back to "custom bumpers', bro's! Now that I have the front bumper ready to refab and mount, I am looking for some new ideas on custom rear bumpers. I have seen a couple nice setups so far, like Burt 4x4's and etc. Anybody designed a new one for a first gen lately? Looking for a spare tire carrier mount for a 40" plus tire and possible other additions. I definitely will not be ordering one from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories! Thinking more like a design I can customize to my liking, and have built close to home. I do want the spare mounted fairly low, as to not restrict rearward visiblity. Oh what a wish list eh? Any ideas or pic's guy's?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #114
swyfor5

I often wonder why more aftermarket companys don't cater to the first gen crowd. There seems to be a good bunch of us "customers" out here, just looking for good products, made just for these models! Anything new here guy's?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #115
swyfor5

Wow, got to be somebody else out there that fabbed up a custom rear bumper. Let's see some new pic's guy's!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #116
swyfor5

Test fit the KNMTN bumper, looks like it will fit. Just need to redo the grill guard tubes. Gosh, I just need work space!
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #117
vtblazer

Been quite a haul to get it to this point, congrats.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #118
turp mcspray

Glad to hear your making some progress!
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #119
swyfor5

Thank's guy's. I wish I could call it "progress", but I can't work on it where it is currently stored. I just took the bumper out there and made sure it looked like it would fit. I sure didn't want to have to go back and deal with KNMTN again!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #120
rads42

I just read this thread start to finish, let me say...you are one patient guy. I was getting all riled up just reading this thread! Anyway about two weeks ago I sent an email to Kennesaw inquiring about a rear bumper (got a very quick reply by the way) and I was seriously considering buying it. However after reading this thread I wouldn't consider buying from them. So there's one sale lost for sure because of their piss poor customer service. I'm sure there will be many more as people read this. Good luck with your project!
rads42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #121
swyfor5

Thank's rad. I also got real quick responses early on. I have been married 22 years, three daughters later, I have developed "some" patience. Just a good thing I wasen't on a deadline to get this bumper installed! Sure am ready to start into my project again though! I have been asking for custom rear bumper ideas and pic's, but not a whole lot of stuff for our 1st. gens showing up. Anything new out there guy's?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #122
Chevyman63
Can't wait to retire!!

Quote:
Thank's rad. I also got real quick responses early on. I have been married 22 years, three daughters later, I have developed "some" patience. Just a good thing I wasen't on a deadline to get this bumper installed! Sure am ready to start into my project again though! I have been asking for custom rear bumper ideas and pic's, but not a whole lot of stuff for our 1st. gens showing up. Anything new out there guy's?
Hang in there swyfor5, things slow down a bit on the board from time to time, especially in the summer months. I'm sure it won't be long before the ideas and pics start showing up.

2009 4x4 Chevy Crew Cab 6.0
1989 4x4 Siverado (270,000 miles)
1972 4x4 Blazer
2007 Chevy Cutaway 1 ton
1970 Corvette (sons project)

RIP
- CLR 10/11/09
Chevyman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #123
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rads42 View Post
Anyway about two weeks ago I sent an email to Kennesaw inquiring about a rear bumper (got a very quick reply by the way) and I was seriously considering buying it. However after reading this thread I wouldn't consider buying from them.

Glad you figured it out early on, Kennesaw has a rather long history of exactly this sort of thing.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #124
swyfor5

Are you listening KNMTN? Ha, Ha!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #125
vtblazer

getting it now...?