The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #26
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Another one to be resurrected

then we worked on the passenger side not near as bad but still a job
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #27
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

and now ive removed the riveted on piece of aluminum on the left rocker and hopefully the last section to be replaced
Attached Images

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 11-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #28
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

over the last couple of weeks got the body work finished on the truck and sent it out for paint. I decided to keep the red although i went with the same red, code 71, i have on the other truck and added some medium greystone metallic highlights on it like the roof and racing stripes
there's alot more to do I have to install new door seals , lay carpet new sills and 4wd shifter boot. Install factory correct radio and dash bezel then there's some more bling like a rollbar and new bumpers for the outside Once shes done shes done. Surprisingly those Super Swampers don't ride bad and aren't too loud.. I do have to bend back the lower part of the fender tho where it curves in as it rubs on turns
Attached Images

I hate cancer!!
Old 11-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #29
mingoman

Looking pretty awesome Rusty!
Old 11-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #30
katykitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
over the last couple of weeks got the body work finished on the truck and sent it out for paint. I decided to keep the red although i went with the same red, code 71, i have on the other truck and added some medium greystone metallic highlights on it like the roof and racing stripes
there's alot more to do I have to install new door seals , lay carpet new sills and 4wd shifter boot. Install factory correct radio and dash bezel then there's some more bling like a rollbar and new bumpers for the outside Once shes done shes done. Surprisingly those Super Swampers don't ride bad and aren't too loud.. I do have to bend back the lower part of the fender tho where it curves in as it rubs on turns
Posted via Mobile Device
katykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #31
katykitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
Where did you get the roll bar? Looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device
katykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #32
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykitchen View Post
Where did you get the roll bar? Looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device
My wife bought that for me last year through Summit Catalog you can get them with up to three bars on front

I hate cancer!!
Old 11-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #33
Shifty One

Awesome work!
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #34
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

thank you!

I hate cancer!!
Old 11-27-2019, 03:17 AM   #35
wixthedog

It's amazing what a little bit of welding and fresh paint will do to these old trucks, keep up the good work!
1979 C20 RCLB - 350 - TH350 Auto
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #36
straight6chevyguy

very nice!
2002 Chevy s10 4.3L auto 4x4
1971 mercury monterey wagon 400 auto
To many projects!
straight6chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #37
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well i finally got it all together seat is in vynal on dash my holy headliner ( from Hobby Lobby) roll bar finished only thing left to do is throw on the emblem on the left fender have to take off hinge for that but heres the finished pics... it is for sale $13,000
Attached Images

I hate cancer!!
Old 12-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #38
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

more
Attached Images

I hate cancer!!
Old 01-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #39
moregrip

Nice job man!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote