The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
c-tenkid

More 99 s-10 problems......

Hey fella's I have a 1999 s-10.I've had it for about 4 years.When I got it she had a 106,000 and now 197,000.I almost gave up on her Honestly.

Pretty neat little truck.It's a 4.3 with a nv3500.It's 4wd with a regular cab shortbed.I had the rearend rebuilt with a posi unit and it has 3:42 gears.I put a centerforce daul friction clutch in it.It also has a hurst shifter and a tach in it.Was my daily driver for 3 1/2 years.I just had the intake off and replaced everything with a/c delco parts.Fresh tuneup using ac parts.And there is no service engine light on.

Last december the slave cylinder went out.So I took it off the road and replaced the slave cylinder and throwout bearing.I think I made a mistake and bought the parts at autozone.I normally always use ac delco parts on it.

Well today I got the insurance put back on it and took her for a test drive.

The motor seems to be shakey and gets worse as you rev it up.The new throwout bearing is alot louder.Everything went back togother smoothly.The motor never goes over 180.Has a steady 45-50psi oil pressure.Power seems to be fine.Has plenty of it.I broke the tires loose at 50mph.HEHE.That is why I love this little truck!

I don't understand what I could of done that would cause this to happen.Everything seemed to go togother smoothly.The trans shift's awesome and seems to have the crank centerline and input shaft aligned well.Slid right togother.

The next thing I was thinking is the harmonic balancer.Also underneath the intake the motor had a shaft.It was in the lifter valley.I believe it has something to do with engine balance.Is this correct?Can this part get wornout?

Does anyone have any kind of idea's?

Thanks.

Last edited by c-tenkid; 05-29-2008 at 05:21 AM.
c-tenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Re: More 99 s-10 problems......

Welcome to the site. Look for broken motor mounts, tranny mount, or transfer case mount.
You should identify if the shaking. Is it actually the motor, body, drive line or engine components.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
c-tenkid

Yeah I have been lurking the site for a while now.

I will look for a broken motor mount.The shaking if definitly related to engine RPM and not road speed.

This sucks!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Slammed70

Did it happen after the gear swap? Is it shakey at idle, or when your out on the road?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
c-tenkid

Well last night I put the truck back in the garage.

I started it up with with the trans in nuetral and reved it by hand looking at the motor and listening for noise.And it was smooth as could be!This motor has always ran good.

So now I am more stumped.The rearend was redone probably 50,000 ago.

The only thing's I can think of are.When I removed the trans the first time I cut a little bit of the foam that goes around the shifter into the floorboard.Maybe it's allowing more sound inside the driver compartment?

Also when I changed the clutch I tried to replace the gasket at the end of the y-pipe with a header collector gasket.Of course that blew out and was leaking.I fixed it when I changed the slave cylinder.Hoping to make the truck quiet again.

I changed the U-joint on the back of the driveshaft with a new ac delco one.it has a short 1 peice driveshaft.I don't believe it has to go in a certian way.Or does it?

I am thinking that it has something to do with the clutch not being perfectly centered or something.The thing that throws me off is it shifts so smoothly.Even at higher RPM's it goes right in gear.

I didn't drive it today.But I will tommorow and I see if I find any other clues.

Thanks for the help guys.