The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
FamilyMike

Have my project

Well, I was looking pre 72 pickup 2 wheel drive...... I have changed gears...LOL, and have my new project. 74 swb 4x4 stepper. It is actually pretty clean... really only need one fender, one rocker and one door. The rest of it is really nice. Wood bed of course but which one doesn't need this. This whole generation of truck a bit different to me and so is the 4x4, (I am afraid.....LOL). Is there any info any of you boys or girls like to pass along to me on this new adventure? Any info would be helpful, location of parts, suspension, tires, wheels, etc. Truck has 350 cu and 350 trans. I will do some more digging as I pick it up tomorrow night. Runs and shifts good, needs some gaskets etc. Put a master cylinder in, fuel lines, tune up etc. No major clunking when shift into drive or reverse or anything like that. Looks kind of funny now as stock wheels and tires, appear a bit small to me. But anyhow......lets see where this ends up. At least it runs and drives and can scoot it around town. Thanks in advance all.
FamilyMike is offline   Reply With Quote