The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Notch'd Mbr/Tubular Arms

Hey All~

My bro is lost total intrest in his project and now is considering parting out most of it. I was planning on putting some of the stuff on the classifieds, but wanted to know what a fair asking price was. Here's what he's got:
  • Notched Crossmember (1.5")
  • Tubular Upper/Lower A Arms (Turner Enterprises)
  • Bags (came with the kit, but don't know anything about them)

The cross member has SBC mounts welded to it which kept it in the stock location. It's a Notch'd member, not pancaked. It also has tabs for a MII rack & pinion...no real geometry was used to mount the R&P, so how well it works it unknown since it never saw the road. On 28" tires, the front layed out with 2.5" drop spindles (not included).

He's interested in selling all 3 listed above together, so if someone can give me a fair price to list it at, I can let him know and go from there. I was thinking about $700 since none of it has seen the road...just mock-up/install...am I way off?
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: Notch'd Mbr/Tubular Arms

I forgot to mention, but you can see it in the 2nd pic. The lca's were designed to be mounted recessed into the cross member to gain ground clearance. This means that the cross member is notched both in the frame mount to raise it up 1.5" and also there's a notch for the lca shafts.

In the 2nd pic, the grade 8 bolts are the lca shafts and the others are the r&p bolts.