The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
Nick_R_23

A freebie! 1986 C10 Longbed

Ever since I bought my house, this truck was parked around the corner about three houses down. I’ve watched for the owners to stop in and ask about it, but never saw anyone there. Well, last night I saw it posted on Facebook, for free! I messaged them and swung right down to pull it out of there. Turns out the land was abandoned and sold, and the new owners wanted it out of there.

It took about $85 between garbage bags and the dump fees, but I got that disgusting mess cleaned out of the back. I washed all the tree spores off and waxed it, and it didn’t turn out half bad for a free truck! I’ll need to get the paperwork for it, but after that I’ll get started on it. It was definitely someone’s start at a hot rod - 88-91 front end, 60 series tires, smooth bumpers, aftermarket steering wheel, air gap intake, and Holley carb. The hood and tailgate are both unusable, but other than some typical rust it’s actually in pretty good condition. I’m not sure if the engine or transmission are any good, I might try to get it fired up to see what they do, but ultimately I’m thinking of doing an LS swap but keep the outside stock with a “shop truck” vibe to it.

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote