The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
steveo3318

FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

I have been ask to do this install thread so here goes. Please do not reply until I have the 41 pictures loaded and the video.

Heres the 67, 385 stroker with 3 on the tree with borg warner Overdrive. 373 rear gears.

the Fuel command center, you will need 10 to 12 foot of extra low pressure fuel line if you mount in the same location as I did. One from pump, one to frame vent line if the truck is equipped. My truck has a 72 frame and fuel tank.

the location, notice there is not a flat spot so i Built this bracket from 3/16, there was alot of mach up in and out. No pictures of paint but yall know what that looks like.

I removed factory fuel line and cut it right after the 90 and pointed towards the frame and flared the newly cut end. I ran all the fuel lines below the fan shroud and zip tied them there.

Ok heres the only part that gave me any trouble. I don't wish push locks on my worst enemy. I tried wd40, grease, ky jelly, you name it all in the vice while damn near standing on it. My neighbor came over "a 56 year old DOT" machinery mechanic and tried and said something wasn't right. we tried a torch and it immediately cracked the inside of the hose. Finally I tried boiling them and I still had to put out with all my might with vegetable oil on the fittings. Lets just say the hose or fitting will break before the connection.

A few pictures installed and buttoned up other than hoses and wire

4/6 drop with riddler 20x8 and 20x10
1957 S5T Leslie Supertyfon train horns and EMD bell
"No bolt left unturned"
steveo3318 is offline   Reply With Quote