The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
chevlady

Made my step dad emotional this morning

I made my step dad emotional this morning.His name is Jim and he has been good to me.What I did,said I put my heart and soul into it thinking about it very well.A youtube video by Koon Trucking inspired me to do it writing a letter.I handed it to him in an envelope,opened it up and he was a little tearful reading the letter.Looked at me and we hugged saying thank you.I felt it was time to do this.He has the written letter still and says he is going to keep it
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: Made my step dad emotional this morning

Heart to heart.
Thats a good deal.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
yuccales

A LOT of things can be said and fixed with a well written letter. Glad you did it.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
chevlady

I know he is not my bio dad and he has always been there for me.I was shy at first when I first met him when my mom and him started dating in November of 1993.He got the shyness out of me.Has taught me very good lessons,knows I lost my bio dad in 1993 in the line of duty.The way he got me out of the shyness was talking to me one day and started to know me.Saw I loved getting my hands dirty.Gave me an opportunity of a lifetime when I was 15 years old,it was learning to drive a race car.Showed me which places to stay in and places to stay out of on the race track.Was surprised I learned quickly and it all paid off.Put me in a race car after that. and won in the final heat with 1 lap to go.Jim was proud of me that night.Place 3rd in the first heat and 2nd in the first heat.He is also a Marine veteran,was there when I decided to enlist in the Marines in 1997.Asked me where I got this idea and shown him this youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3lj7b0jtCc He is going to do this with his dad whom is 92 years old and gets around very well.I am going to do this with my step grandfather too

Last edited by chevlady; 03-17-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
yuccales

Sounds like a good man. My Dad passed away when I was 16. I do miss him, but he taught me SO much stuff that I use on a daily basis, it's almost like he is not gone. (if that any makes sense) Time goes by fast. I try to make the most of it.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
chevlady

He is a good man.Still have a bond including in racing.He builds and fixes race cars.I race one of his cars,a super street car that is Chevrolet powered with good luck so far.8 championships so far and hopefully #9 and #10 happen this year.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #7
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

not many people know my oldest son is a step son. I picked him and his mom when he was 2 1/2. From that day on I treated as my own. He calls me Dad and I call him Son. He's pushing 20 now and I am very proud of him
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote