The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
encasedmetal

fuel upgrades for cam swap?

wondering if anyone let me know if I'd need to change injectors or fuel pump with a cam swap. initially going to be using the EP381 pump and stock injectors but if I need to swap some things out I wouldn't buy them to begin with. still deciding between a 5.3, LS1, or 6.0 motor. thanks
encasedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: fuel upgrades for cam swap?

Depends on the engine choice and cam choice. The 381 pump is usually fine for most basic setups. Stock injectors are a bit limited, but a 5.3 with a medium cam will survive alright with them. A 6.0 with a huge bumpstick will usually want a bit more fuel than the stocks want to supply, or you'll end up with a large enough duty cycle % that the injectors will not like long-term.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
encasedmetal

I would datalog the injector duty cycle before changing them out, but would this pump work in an 87' sending unit? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gr...t/model/camaro
encasedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #4
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Depends on the engine choice and cam choice. The 381 pump is usually fine for most basic setups. Stock injectors are a bit limited, but a 5.3 with a medium cam will survive alright with them. A 6.0 with a huge bumpstick will usually want a bit more fuel than the stocks want to supply, or you'll end up with a large enough duty cycle % that the injectors will not like long-term.
Agree with Brew. If you get a flex fuel engine, it will come with some higher flow injectors and you should be alright (42# vs #36).
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote