The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
jimmye

Request PICTURES OF POWER STEERING BOX THAT IS ON LWP AND HOW IT BOLTS ONTO ENGINE

I have changed out a 350 SBC TO A 400 SBC AND I AM HOOKING UP THE ACCESSORIES, THE POWER STEERING BOX IS GOING ON A LWP AND I KNOW IT BOLTS TO LWP AND TO THE HEAD BUT CANT SEEM TO HOOK UP THE REST ESPECIALLY THE BOTTOM WHERE IT SLIDES TO TIGHTEN THE BELT, I MAY BE MISSING A PART. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Attached Images

jimmye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
jimmye

Re: Request PICTURES OF POWER STEERING BOX THAT IS ON LWP AND HOW IT BOLTS ONTO ENGIN

Here is another bracket I think that goes with the P.S. And most think it bolts onto the back and bolts to the block, but if it does I don't see how it mounts on , any suggestions?
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 PM   #3
leadfoot067
horsepower junkie

Re: Request PICTURES OF POWER STEERING BOX THAT IS ON LWP AND HOW IT BOLTS ONTO ENGIN

that bracket bolts to the front exhaust manifold hole..and if you have headers than a spacer will be neccesary
Old 04-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
jimmye

You were exactly right, Thanks!
It has been a while since I was on this Forum, been busy at Work
I have been tinkering with little odd and ends wrapping everything up everything
I did make a few mistakes: The Elderbrock Carb. There is a place in the back for P.B. , vacuum , I forgot to put the plug in, and had a vacuum leak. Lol
2. I put the hot wire to the HEI Distributor, and it fired off but died after a few minutes, took me several afternoons to figure out it didn't click into place and had slipped down just enough to lose fire.
3. The day I went to crank it , I had charged the battery so it would be ready. I when to crank it and would not turn over, battery was dead . ( off to NAPA to get a new one)
4. Set Timing today and fired it up , runs great! 1 problem: I installed a new Heater Hose , must have been defective it has a leak, But I still back it out of the garage and put it under the shed
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #5
jimmye

I have added the vacuum to the Distributor, and put wires to electric choke
Old 04-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
leftybass209

I just pulled the brackets off my pump getting ready to paint them. If someone doesn't get you an answer before tomorrow I'll shoot you a pic of them. It's from a sbc with a lwp and doesn't mount to the exhaust manifold.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #7
john
member #16

My strg pump mounts to a boss on the long water pump.
john is offline   Reply With Quote