The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
1970 C10 MJW

harness question!

Next step of my swap is I will be reworking my harness... I am going to be putting a car intake on probably LS6.. anyways what sensors can I eliminate? I think all I need is injectors, cam and crank sensor, IAC, TPS, MAF, and obviously coils, is that all I need? oh and the tranny wiring
Old 02-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Robznob11

Re: harness question!

Go to lt1swap.com all you need to know is there. Also he will answer questions via email. I spent about 6 hours start to finish to go through mine! The hardest part is pulling the wires that you dont need out caus you just go a little at a time till you get to the end. That way you keep the harness routed like it was oe. Its not a hard project just tedius! I suggest you print out his plans and follow them to the t thats what i did and 0 issues it cranked an ran as soon as the injectors recieved fuel! Never missed a beat! I sent my puter to wait4me performance for a tune caus it was only 75 bucks and 12 bucks shipping. Free retunes for life. They can do anything that any of the big dogs can do like cam tunes etx. Again no problems with mine. Now if you want any better shell out the money for a full dyno tune but they set min up great. It has a preformance tune they adjusted for 410 gears and tires the whole works. My harness was a 4wd 4l80e they programmed it to run the 2wd 80e i have and again i just removed the wires. Lt1swap.com is an awsom site tho! Good luck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
ls1nova71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 C10 MJW View Post
Next step of my swap is I will be reworking my harness... I am going to be putting a car intake on probably LS6.. anyways what sensors can I eliminate? I think all I need is injectors, cam and crank sensor, IAC, TPS, MAF, and obviously coils, is that all I need? oh and the tranny wiring
You'll also need the temp sensor, MAP sensor and a couple of O2 sensors, and if going to a car intake, you will have to change the injector pigtails to match the car injectors. Basically you'll just eliminate the emmission stuff, purge solenoid, rear O2's. Like was said earlier, LT1swap has just about all the info you'll need. But I will tell you that the truck harness won't look as good on a car intake unless you take the time to re-route the harness to be more like a car harness.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
1970 C10 MJW

Im guna re route the harness completely... ok thanks for the info guys
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

If you are converting a stock truck harness, you might want to look for a Van harness to trade for.. The van harnesses are longer just about everywhere and make moving things around a tad easier without replacing and extending a ton of wires.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote