The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #76
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilmoth
anyone got the tape ready?
still gathering episodes so I can begin work on the dVD.

Back to the top, can anyone please tell me how many episodes there were?

Thanks
Chris aka moneyguru
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #77
moneyguru

TTT come on guys, anybody have any idea how many Copperhead episodes there are?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #78
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Re: copperhead video tapes

ttt. moneyguru did you ever get that dvd?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #79
AWEGS72

Put me on the list too please.
AWEGS72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #80
Joe67
67 is sold

One DVD for me please

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #81
shifty
Questionable

hey guys, just for the record, i have a 400GB drive in my TiVo and have something like 42 Trucks! TV shows saved in it, including what i think are all of the Copperhead shows, including suspension, engine, chassis, payoff, recap, etc. i just don't know how to rip them out of the TiVo, crop out the commercials and make it into one big segment

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #82
hd78glide

I definately would like a copy as well, will pay $$$
1978 1/2 Harley FLH
1998 K1500 diesel
hd78glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #83
bskylerj
Account Suspended

I want one as well. I believe you can hook it up to your computer and burn it on a DVD.
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #84
Kuddy44

Has anyone thaught to get with Stacey David to see if he has any "Home footage" of the buildup? I'd love to get my hands on the whole buildup, and not just what made it on the air. First post by the way!
Kuddy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #85
hd78glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuddy44
Has anyone thaught to get with Stacey David to see if he has any "Home footage" of the buildup? I'd love to get my hands on the whole buildup, and not just what made it on the air. First post by the way!
I have emailed, but haven't received a responce. He probably gets tons of email.
1978 1/2 Harley FLH
1998 K1500 diesel
hd78glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #86
DigitalFusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
hey guys, just for the record, i have a 400GB drive in my TiVo and have something like 42 Trucks! TV shows saved in it, including what i think are all of the Copperhead shows, including suspension, engine, chassis, payoff, recap, etc. i just don't know how to rip them out of the TiVo, crop out the commercials and make it into one big segment
Oh man, someone help this guy get these off of there! I would love to get my hands on this!!!1
DigitalFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:10 AM   #87
DigitalFusion

back to the top!

Come on everyone! Lets get together, work together, and get this done! I want this so bad. I have only seen one episode of trucks ever, and I saw the copperhead in the background during the show. I want to see all these copperhead shows super bad. What is it going to take to help get some people motivated for this?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:52 AM   #88
MadDog
1970 GMC

Man I would love copies of these. I have all the know how to put them on DVD's I would just need files...
Old 05-20-2006, 06:32 AM   #89
Werewolf
Woof?

Well if copies ever get offered, I'm interested!
1997 Astro
1992 Caprice wagon, 500k stock miles. Nursing wounds after a bad wreck.
1997 Saturn - need gas mileage from something!
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #90
DigitalFusion

everyone wants them, but the people that have them arent responding back anymore. I have a computer with a DVD burner, Video capture card, 2GB of RAM and running liquid cooling at 4Ghz.. It would rip right thru converting and burning these episodes. If the people that have them would get in touch with me then maybe we can make some headway!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #91
Litdave

If this works out I would really like a used dvd or tape also.
Litdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #92
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFusion
everyone wants them, but the people that have them arent responding back anymore.
Really? Am I chopped liver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFusion
I have a computer with a DVD burner, Video capture card, 2GB of RAM and running liquid cooling at 4Ghz.. It would rip right thru converting and burning these episodes. If the people that have them would get in touch with me then maybe we can make some headway!
I have a computer AMD 64 4000+ with two Geforce 7900 GT KO Superclocked cards in SLi mode, 2GB of 2-3-2-5 latency DDR and a about 800GB of hard drive space (SATA running in RAID 1). It's not a question of power, here and it's not a question of space. It's simply that:

1) I don't know how to rip the shows off my Tivo and don't have time to look into it
2) I don't have the software to "sew" them all together with no commercials
3) I don't know how to remove any watermarking that Tivo embeds into their media (I don't want this traced back to my Tivo!)
4) I don't want to do anything more to mod my Tivo that involves shell access into it or rebuilding the kernel (if this is necessary).
5) I don't want to use video capture devices because it takes way too fk'in long (we're talking hours of capturing)
6) I don't know how legal it is to put them on DVD
7) I don't want to hafta deal with people giving me shipping and handling fees
8) I don't want to deal with shipping and handling
9) I don't want to spend the time to download 60GB of shows or more to my computer just to burn them onto CD (or drive swap w/someone) to give them to someone else.

I see so many people posting on this topic - I passed over the encoded shows that I had to the person who was working on this - it took a while (it was only 3 shows, too). I do not have the time, drive, desire or notion to sit here and rip things out.

I give a lot to this community in my spare time. So anyone can badmouth me about my lack of motivation because they think I have a gold mine here - - I'M NOT SAYING ANYONE IS DOING THIS! -- I'm just saying ... it's time I don't have. If someone wanted to come over and sit at my place for 12 hours and setup Galleon or something and save the shows to their computer with an external USB drive and take care of this, you're welcome to do so - you don't even need to come inside, I can hook you up with my WPA key to get on my wireless network and you can grab what you need to grab

If someone wants to help me in exchange for the privilege of doing this, I have a truck that's 90% ready to fire up and still need to work on fuel delivery, cooling and wiring...I'll trade Right now all my time is going into this truck when I can get to it - so if I ever did get around to helping you guys get these shows, it'll be a little while.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 05-20-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #93
thejoker

Ahhh. Come on Shifty. You could have done it in the time you spent typing that last thread.

Just kidding!

JKR

68' C10 Short Step (rebuilding as we speak)
72' Custom Camper (wrecked, parting out)
79' C10 Fleet (rough, parting out)
97' C1500 Short Step Custom (DD)
97' Kawaski VN800a Customized
99' Z71 Silverado
04' Suzuki Volusia
thejoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #94
shifty
Questionable

LOL!

I was taking a break from removing my rear bumper!! Talk about some rusty hardware. Yeesh! You'd think the PO woulda replaced the freakin' hardware while he had it apart!

Old 05-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #95
GlennBrittain

I also have episodes on a DishNetwork hard drive. If I can copy them to a VCR, will be happy to mail them to you. That is if you do not already have them, my internet connection in to slow to go through 4 pages. I have my WildBlue dish and satellite modem, just waiting on AT&T to send an installer.
GlennBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:53 AM   #96
Dennisthemenace

I would really like a copy of that show you guy's are talking about.
We don't have that in my country . So...............if anyone could send me a copy!!
Maybe you could just upload it on the net so every boardmember can download it if they want.

The land of $6.65 for a gallon of gas
Dennisthemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #97
etg

So I have never seen one of these videos, but it seems that they are a build series on one of our trucks? I would definately like a set of DVD OR VHS version. Has anyone produced a bundle with the entire series yet? I can pay, let me know what I can do to help. THese would be really helpful.
etg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #98
shifty
Questionable

It's just a show about Trucks, usually a half hour long (?? can't remember if it's a full hour).

It comes on Spike TV, usually in the same set of shows as "Extreme 4x4", "Horsepower TV" and similar shows.

The Copperhead series was 5 or 6 shows long and covered a complete buildup of a '68 C10 starting with a rust-free cab and a frame. This includes fuel cell, 572ci motor, ECE suspension and tons of other crap.

For more info on the truck, look at this site: http://staceydavid.com/projects/copperhead.htm

Last edited by shifty; 08-15-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:35 AM   #99
etg

8 part series? That isn't terribly long. Will you be working on them shifty or not?
etg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #100
shifty
Questionable

This is a big thread ressurection on my part, and I apologize.

I now have 132 episodes of Trucks! on my Tivo Series 2. The wife and I bought a Tivo Series 3 for a little holiday treat to ourselves, so last night, I had to start grabbing all of our old saved shows off of it and got a copy of VideoReDo TVSuite, which makes it super easy to cut the commercials out of the shows, trimming them down to a measly 13-15 minutes worth of footage per show.

Over the next couple of days, I'm going to go ahead and convert/trim commercials from all of my episodes of Trucks! TV. I will start with the Copperhead series. If it is of interest, a Torrent can be started at one of the many BitTorrent sharing sites for any interested members to download the series. This doesn't help dialup users much, and I need to check with Josh, Liz, or one of the other forum staff to see if publicly linking to the Torrent file is going to be within forum rules or not. If it is not, it may be necessary to hand out a download link to a file sharing site like MegaUpload or something.

Anyway....Just a heads-up, and a bump for myself. I know a lot of people were interested in getting a computerized version of the Copperhead Buildup shows....and since Spike and/or Stacey aren't putting one out ... leave it to the people

Last edited by shifty; 12-30-2007 at 08:46 AM.