The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #51
factorystock

Re: Old Trucks At Macungie

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't know what's going on here. Now I try to upload using the "attach files" feature,as I've done in the prior posts,and there is only an option to post ONE picture...not FIVE as ALWAYS before. Ok,I'll just post one damn picture...NOPE! It says it's too big and I have to re-size it manually. Well,I don't know how to...never needed to since it has ALWAYS done that AUTOMATICALLY. This is just too annoying to bother with. I hope you all enjoy what I managed to post before whatever changed everything happened.
This is exactly what happened to me just a few days ago! I thought I screwed something up! I haven't posted any photos lately because of this. Please somebody help. Did this site change things recently? Is the problem on their end?
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #52
special-K
Special Order

I see Ellen just posted a link back in post #49. I haven't checked it,yet,but I have come to find they have been working on the site and that it's causing the problem. Not sure if it's better now or if she just linked us to an explanation. I'm just glad it's not this old cranky computer I have headin' south...yet!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...99#post6180499

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #53
PAWS 72

ya'll have all the big trucks up there,huh.I wish there was a show like there here.

Thanks for posting the pics.What you could anyway.I like looking at the big trucks also.
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #54
special-K
Special Order

They're all around,but it seems up in the N/E there's a real dedicated bunch to the historical nature of these trucks. Maybe because weather's so hard on stuff,they were first to put effort into preserving old stuff. New England is all about history. Figure Hemmings Motor News is out of Vermont. A few years ago the National ATHS show was in Huntsville. That was right up your alley. They had it here in Maryland in '86,I think. I took my son to that (now 35). It's cool that ATCA has the show at Macungie every year...same time/same place. Folks come from all over.
I hope this picture thing gets resolved soon. They are probably tired of hearing about it and are thinking we're just stubborn farts for not just resizing or considering knowing how. Maybe they're right,but I figure I'd rather wait than go through extra steps to do what's always been automatic. i have a hard time reading instructions on the same computer I'm trying to learn a new thing on anyway. Mot all that complicated,I guess,but I'm just not all that interested so I wait. I sold my wrecker and want to do a thread on that. Gotta wait for this picture drama to be over,first

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #55
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
They're all around,but it seems up in the N/E there's a real dedicated bunch to the historical nature of these trucks. Maybe because weather's so hard on stuff,they were first to put effort into preserving old stuff. New England is all about history.
I have been to a few "historical society" shows on the West Coast, but it seems the historical aspect is lacking out here. Many trucks get modified, just like pickups. The 1 piece 10 hole aluminum wheels, too much chrome and extra large front bumpers are the biggest turn off's for me. What I saying is, when someone says they have a 1959 brand X, I really expect it to have all '59 componets, just like when assembled new. Isn't that what preserving history is all about? The 1 piece 10 hole aluminum truck wheel truck wheel on a pre 1970 truck is beginning to look like a rally wheel on a 67 thru 72 pickup to me. I'll wait till this site gets the photo attachment mess straightend out also special-K, I am a truck person, not a computer geek.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote