The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #26
70cst

Re: Jim Carter Trucks - Unethical Business Practices

After reading all this I agree with a previous statement. Call her supv. or better yet ask for the Sales Mgr. Explain what happened. Sometimes management is unaware what some of their employees are doing. JMO. This is very bad PR and marketing procedures. Remember...Carters can make up losses in volume.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 09-04-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #27
Solego
Dr. Frankentruck's Monster

Gentlefolks,

I have recieved a reply Jim Carter Trucks. They have solved the immediate problem at hand, but, they have not instilled any confidence. In fact, I don't even know who sent me this reply! There is no name listed. I guess I shall just refer to them as "info", as that is who sent me the email. Judge for yourself.

Date: 2007/09/04 Tue PM 06:04:39 EDT
To: <mtm717@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Unethical Business Practices

Michael
Sorry for the delay in fixing this problem. I was trying to find out what
happened. Our paper catalog shows the part price was changed in January 2006 (one year and seven months ago) but not updated in our online catalog. Usually it is the catalog price, not the online price, that has not been updated. I'm (I am)sorry we did not check this
out (the only things you check out are hot trucks and hot girls) for you at the time you called. As much as we do not like it, we get used (you do not get used, you expect)to a certain standard answer that, when the problem is not the same, as in
this case we don't (do not) follow thru(Syntax?). Prices are subjected(subject) to change. (W)we cannot
control this but when the online (price) has not be(en) changed, there is a problem.
Again, I am sorry and have given you the refund for the price difference.
Will (who is Will?) send you a copy.

i may just bee a stoopid deputee sharif, butt i did aec my bidniss cumuneikashun class in callidge;

Project SLOMO
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430494
Old 09-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #28
killer71

I had a feeling that was gonna happen...It's a shame they can't even give you a name!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #29
xshadow

They charged your credit card for more than you autherized. With the recipt that you had the credit card company would have taken care of it...

I Don't like how they handled this at all and I will NEVER buy from them. I really wish you would call them. Get a member of management on the phone and ask the person to look at this page and read over it while your on the phone. So they can see what kind of sales they lost.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #30
Johns72C10

Maybe they thought you were the "Other" Michael Moore, so they charged you more.LOL
Old 09-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #31
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I can't understand the bussiness mentality these days.It's as if companies don't understand the accepted bussiness model that shows how much it cost's them to develop a new customer.In all of them it is easier to keep an existing customer than to develop a new one.And if I remember correctly it is usually about 10% of the cost to keep an existing customer.And it's usually over something stupid like this.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
Old 09-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #32
70cst

I got it...I got it...They thought you owned a F**d truck. With this in mind they thought you would not notice the price change. Little did they realize when you take advantage of one truck owner...It's like taking advantage of all the truck owners because we are FAMILY!!!

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #33
chipflyer

I am glad it worked out, I too, feel your CC company would have sided with you on the deal.
I have a friend that got screwed by a company on a pair of sunglasses, they wouldn't refund his money either. He is a very patient telecom nerd and set up an auto dialer to phone their 800 number every 30 seconds and within a week they contacted him and refunded his total bill.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #34
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Thumbs down Re: Jim Carter Trucks - Unethical Business Practices

Contact your credit card company and register your complaint. They will contact the merchant and advice them accordingly of your rights and they will have to issue you a credit. This has happened to me and it has always worked out to my favour because I've kept records that I could send my credit card company to substantuate my position.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #35
Solego

I've already been refunded the difference. Next stop, BBB.

Project SLOMO
Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

I`ll have to step in and defend Jim Carter`s reputation.As usaul you all jump on the bandwagon and pounce like a pack of dogs.This was obvious to me to be a simple case of a website that was not updated.
Jim Carter is one if the most honest and knowledgeable dealers you will ever meet.He is a small business,yet has been dealing in these trucks since way before the repro market and internet sprung up all these vendors we see now.Including "all" of our site vendors.If not for Jim Carter and a handful of others this hobby would not be where it is today.
The price was not changed after the sale.The site was outdated,just like a catalog gets.He should have kept it more updated.He should not have been slandered over your $10 until the situation was resolved,which it was.And,then,posted in the review board,not here.Makes me think you may not have paid attention to his policies posted on his site like you didn`t here.
You bought these electronically with no personal contact,they responded the same through e-mail.Why didn`t you call them and varify the price since the site does state prices subject to change?If someone deals on the phone they`d respond on the phone.That`s been my experience and what I prefer.Mostly because I grew up with personal contact being the only way.It still works best.Have we become too push button and instant gratificatiion oriented?Ya think??
You`re reporting to the BBB when he rectified the problem?He`s taking a loss for his mistake.Damned noble in my book!Are you yet another person that can see no fault in his own actions?This was a simple mistake that was rectified and you`re blowing it way out of proportion.
Take a chill pill and think about it.I wonder what you would have done had this been reversed.If anything,Jim Carter should skip the whole internet thing.He probably doesn`t need it.He did just fine before all this technology.It`s not his strong point,like me,I`m sure.I see that there can be flaws in this instant system many have come(or grown up with if you`re young enough)to take for granted.It`s not a perfect world and internet purchasing is no exception.
Does Ebay call you or e-mail?Does this site call you or e-mail/pm?Electronic gets electronic.Phone call gets phone call.Letter(heaven forbid)gets letter.Knock on door gets knock on door.You still can`t beat a look in the eye and a handshake and that`s the kinda of man Jim Cater is.His word is his bond,period.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-05-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #37
krue
Designated A-hole!

The receipt he printed states that $15.10 was the total, that looks like the price to me. If a business is gonna have an online order system they have the responsibility to keep the price current, if that is an issue, then they shouldn't allow online orders to take place in my opinion. Regardless of the facts, the appearance is of unprofessional business practices at the least, and if that's the only contact you have with the company that is the only opinion you can form.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #38
70cst

Hey Special K- From what I read...there was personal contact by phone
(I called your company and spoke to someone, of whom I cannot remember, and told them of this dilemma. They then told me of the policy that "prices are subject to change without notice." To that I responded, "Even after I purchase them?" She stated that because the vendors raise their prices, you have no choice but to raise yours, even after I agree to purchase the items at the previous price."You bought these electronically with no personal contact,they rcesponded the same through e-mail.")

Because we respond to this situation you call us all "pack of dogs"
I think we all responded as 99% people would when treated unfairly and the initial "personal" contact was one of "that's the way it is" As far as the BBB...from my reading that should be done if this was not resolved in a manner the was not acceptable.

I have dealt with WES, GMCPaul and Tim Christian and I know for a fact that if I purchased an item through the internet from them that was damaged or the wrong part was shipped they would want to have me call them in person to resolve this situation and NOT try to resolve this situation by internet. Because they want personal contact and many supplier want that type of interaction.

Many did suggest to call Carters back and talk to someone personally ie:
(After reading all this I agree with a previous statement. Call her supv. or better yet ask for the Sales Mgr. Explain what happened. Sometimes management is unaware what some of their employees are doing. JMO. This is very bad PR and marketing procedures.)

I have been in the business world for thirty years and though I am not an expert in all business matters…the initial response of Carters by phone was not expectable and by the response of these board members they agreed. All these board members wanted was to have this situation resolved fairly.

I will have to humbly disagree with you Special K when being called a “pack of dogs”. I see it as fellow family members who saw a potential wrong and responded in various way to resolve this business transaction to make it a right. I for one did appreciate their response. I may not agree with all their ideas, it at least gave some direction on how to proceed. I think that is what Solego was asking.

As I always tell my customers: “it’s not if one has a problem, it’s how one resolves the problem when on arises.”

Special K I do agree with you on this issue…I would not go to the BBB until I called Carters to get an explanation in person to what went wrong. I do think this was an oversight and an honest mistake was made and Solego was in contact with a person who has zero business common sense. I am confident if Solego called Carters and asked for management this situation would be resolved and all would be happy. Even we “pack of dogs”
Also Special K I do appreciate your response as that is what makes a family...as we all have difference of opinions and it gives us a variety of ways to look at the same problem.
Ok..I am done. Just my .0000000000 cents worth. [/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by 70cst; 09-05-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #39
krue
Designated A-hole!

Please read the sticky at the top of the Review board before posting. Thanks.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #40
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Am I missing something here? You did get your money back, right? It was a sloppy transaction, but you were reimbursed...move on!
You are dealing with people and people make mistakes. In your line-of-work, you should know that. It is corrected now, right?
It looks like they are not "crooks" or "cheats", just had a problem with your order.
NOTE: Please feel free to correct any of my spelling, grammar or punctuation if you think it will help with the situation.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #41
No3Fan4Ever
Running on empty

They are and have been for some time a reputable company, and at one time had a banner ad on this site. Probably could have been handled better on their part and obviously wouldn't stand much chance of staying in business if they did this frequently. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them if they had a deal I couldn't pass up.

We have two rules here at the Rock.
Rule #1: No writing on the walls.
Rule#2: Obey all rules

70 GMC Sierra Grande "Custom Camper" Longhorn 402 Big Block TH400 PS PB factory AC Posi;
94 Bronco XLT 302, auto;worn out daily driver

Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #42
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solego View Post
Gentlefolks,

I have recieved a reply Jim Carter Trucks. They have solved the immediate problem at hand, but, they have not instilled any confidence. In fact, I don't even know who sent me this reply! There is no name listed. I guess I shall just refer to them as "info", as that is who sent me the email. Judge for yourself.

Date: 2007/09/04 Tue PM 06:04:39 EDT
To: <mtm717@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Unethical Business Practices

Michael
Sorry for the delay in fixing this problem. I was trying to find out what
happened. Our paper catalog shows the part price was changed in January 2006 (one year and seven months ago) but not updated in our online catalog. Usually it is the catalog price, not the online price, that has not been updated. I'm (I am)sorry we did not check this
out (the only things you check out are hot trucks and hot girls) for you at the time you called. As much as we do not like it, we get used (you do not get used, you expect)to a certain standard answer that, when the problem is not the same, as in
this case we don't (do not) follow thru(Syntax?). Prices are subjected(subject) to change. (W)we cannot
control this but when the online (price) has not be(en) changed, there is a problem.
Again, I am sorry and have given you the refund for the price difference.
Will (who is Will?) send you a copy.

i may just bee a stoopid deputee sharif, butt i did aec my bidniss cumuneikashun class in callidge;
problem solved, post closed .. thank you come again...

normally I dont just close posts, but this one is a joke.
Im sorry you had an issue, its great it got resolved.. this site is not here for people to slam vendors though. I had no issue with this thread until I read your response above solego... I hope you as a "stoopid deputee sharif" treat people better in real life then in this post. Your antics and corrections of the email sent to FIX the issue you had truly make you look like an ass ( no offense of course) and if you had treated me the way you act in this post, you would be lucky to even get a reply, no less a refund.

Either way I'm glad to see Jim Carters step up and do what was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKMUP View Post
NOTE: Please feel free to correct any of my spelling, grammar or punctuation if you think it will help with the situation.
mine too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by No3Fan4Ever View Post
and at one time had a banner ad on this site.
sorry this is not correct.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #43
Solego

I apologize...

...if my being allergic to incompetence is offensive. I expect more from a business. Remember, our free market economy is consumer driven, not producer driven.

Liz, no offense taken. You couldn't make me mad if you tried. We have differing views. And I have been called names worse that I wouldn't repeat in front of my dog.

And yes, I treat the citizens of my county horribly.

Project SLOMO
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #44
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: I apologize...

It was closed for a reason. You got your opinion in, now take a break and chill out.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Closed Thread