The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
msgross

Re: AM/FM ebay ripoff and I lost out!

sign him up for some junk email!
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68350 View Post
I too suggest calling the police. This is fraud, plain and simple. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but this could be mail fraud, too. What's his username? The link says item no longer avail to be viewed. Hope all works well with your situation.
The cops won't do anything but tell you it is a civil matter. That's what happened to me. The prosecutor in that county in Indiana said I would have to come up there and file a small claim against him, then back again for the hearing (I am in TX!). It was a $75 fee, but I could sue him for my expenses. My dad had a situation were he had to sue someone for $3k. That was 20 yrs ago. He has never seen a dime. Just has a judgement against the loser. Our lawmakers are more concerned about big fish and don't care about getting laws changed to surtail small time rip off and con artists. The scum bags know they can get away with it and continue to proliferate. They used to hang horse thieves. They still should.

In September (!) I bought a GMC fleetside tailgate on EBAY to add to my collection (!) . Unfortunately, I paid this loser Rick Schwarte from Greendale IN. with a money order, so I cannot get my $ back through Screwbay. I did not know it, but apparently The loser was using his girlfriend's EBAY account. I mailed it to the name and address EBAY provided: Bobbie Flanagan in Cincinatti OH. Later he sends an email saying to send it to another address Rick Schwarte Greendale IN. . Too late, payment was already sent. Then I heard nothing for 2 wks. I kept calling the cell # I had til someone finally answered, she claims she is the guy's girlfriend's sister. She said that there was a nasty break up and her sister has a restraining order against him. I tell her I don't care about their white trash soap opera. She then gave me the guy's dad's (Richard) phone #. I have talked to both of them numerous times, and every time, I can hear the dad having to coerce "little Ricky" to talk to me. After several weeks of BS and promises, his dad calls me last Friday saying that he will ship it for me. That was weeks ago. I just called and left a message requesting and update. Why are people such losers? I have had to resort to leaving numerous phone messages attacking their personal character in order to get a response! I never used a curse word to any of them. After all of this the little jerk Ricky had the never to start cussing at me. I asked him why he felt like I should not be upset, and I guessed his little pea brain could relate and he quit the cursing. My grand dad always told us that profanity was a sign of a weak mind. I do have my moments, but try to not cuss someone out unless it is the last resort. I guess it is a better alternative than working them over with a shovel handle. (Which I have never done either.) I almost wish they would tell me to go to hell so that I can have closure and move on to "alternative measures".

Update: After three months I finally got the tailgate right after Christmas. Little Ricky's mom wrapped it up and I issued a call tag and had UPS go pick it up. I had to pay to have it shipped (twice!) About the only thing that will happen is if anyone ever googles little Ricky Schwarte, it will come up that he is a thief and his mommy has to take up for him.

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 01-04-2009 at 09:42 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #28
HOTFUN

Wow that was quite an ordeal. I will never pay without the credit card through Paypal unless I know the person from the board or previous dealings. Things go near right for me on eBay for over 600 purchases and you have to get stung to realize there are plenty of thieves left out there. Thanks everyone, I just wanted to share the uselessness of Paypal and their buyer protection seal of approval and as always, pay by your credit card to Paypal!
'72 Cheyenne Super K20 project
'73 Sierra swb 4x4 frame off in paint stage
'74 Cheyenne Super swb w/16k actual
'71 & 72 Cheyenne K10 4x4 swb's
'70 426 HEMICUDA conv SHAKER 4 sp Dana 60
'60 Impala conv 327 PG fac ac loaded 3rd owner
'72 GMC K2500 4x4
'59 Apache CST BBW fleetside swb 283
'73 ElCamino SS LS1 T56 true SS bucket tach
'76 ElCamino SS 52k survivor
'87 Grand National 41k True 2nd to last built in 1987.
'86 K30 454 SRW fleetside CA since new
'88 Trans Am GTA 39k bought new
2018 DEMON plum crazy @ 840HP! "Need for speed"
HOTFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
suville

Hey guys just as a side note when dealing with distant parts that require shipping, make sure to use a USPS (United States Postal Service)Money Order it is my understanding if there is any dispute such as this and it can concievably be considered "mail fraud" the USPS inspectors on on it right now and you will in all probability get resolve The inspectors will visit the address shipped from as part of the investigation. I use USPS MO in most cases involving parts purchases from independant parties it is just good protection not only that any USPO will cash em!
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #30
big_al_71

That really sucks, but when I purchase something I use one card....

American Express one phone call does it all if there is a dispute they handle it for the customer.

Other than this board I do not buy from anyone else unless it is a brand new from a business. If I buy from a member here I am confident that I will get what I paid for.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #31
kevinr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by suville View Post
...not only that any USPO will cash em!
I remember this being brought up before. It may have changed since the last time I checked but The PO does not cash the MO's even though they issue them.
Like I said this may have changed but the PO by my work sent me to the bank to take care of mine.
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #32
meansting04

I am going through the same thing right now. Sorry for your loss. Mine racks in @ 420$. Losser cancled the item 4 days after payment. I am also fighting it.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
WIDESIDE72

I got my tailgate and it has 1/4 of bondo about 3" wide across the top. SWEET!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #34
lks dcvn

Ricky was probably waiting for the bondo to dry before he sent it to you...
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #35
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
Ricky was probably waiting for the bondo to dry before he sent it to you...

He never sent it to me, I had to have UPS pick it up! and it was old paint and bondo. He was just a dumb ass kid.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #36
HOTFUN

Well good news from Paypal. They have refunded my payment before my credit card got to them. They didn't share any details just that a payment was credited to my credit card for the full amount.
'72 Cheyenne Super K20 project
'73 Sierra swb 4x4 frame off in paint stage
'74 Cheyenne Super swb w/16k actual
'71 & 72 Cheyenne K10 4x4 swb's
'70 426 HEMICUDA conv SHAKER 4 sp Dana 60
'60 Impala conv 327 PG fac ac loaded 3rd owner
'72 GMC K2500 4x4
'59 Apache CST BBW fleetside swb 283
'73 ElCamino SS LS1 T56 true SS bucket tach
'76 ElCamino SS 52k survivor
'87 Grand National 41k True 2nd to last built in 1987.
'86 K30 454 SRW fleetside CA since new
'88 Trans Am GTA 39k bought new
2018 DEMON plum crazy @ 840HP! "Need for speed"
HOTFUN is offline   Reply With Quote