The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #76
Reinovator

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Hay, I hate to agree, but any more most hard parts will have a made in china on them, tie rods, brake disc's springs etc.
It's a matter of finding the best part 'Made in china'.
Here is some thing else that bugs me some times made in 'The USA' is a worse part than 'Made in China'. A good example in the tool industry those great 'Gear Wrenches'? well even the ones with Snap-on ,Craftsman, Kolbalt ,etc, on one side are 'Made in China'. Go figure.
I've found, (this is my experience some may differ), if the manufactures in china are given a spec they usually meet it.
Your best bet is make sure of your specs, and check your parts your self. I've had some GM replacement fenders, on one year old cars and trucks that wont fit. Without modification.
I gave up on finding made in the USA, I do look for it but I know I wont find it on all my parts, I just look for the best. and I have been surprised.
Good luck finding all your parts made in the USA and Post them with the part # and suppler when you do.
I would rather feed my good USA neighbors than the ones over Seas.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #77
Hubscrub
Cruzin

the chain stores are on my second thought list, i usually go to the local parts store were people know what your talking about

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #78
62 Longbed

Yeah I'm threw with them and many others ... Its hard when I also worked for several different chains and dealerships in the parts section .. Everytime I to am tired of all the questions 2wd , 4wd , v/6 , v/8 , etc. What bothers me the most is the fact that most aren't familiar with the books or are actual gear heads that know what fits other models . Similar to what you may be working on , or know what has worked in the past ... Do they know how to set points with a match book , a ball point pen emptyed out to go between that split fuel line , temp. fix ... I'm not McGuyver but alot can be figured out with common sense .. Sorry that alot of my books got destroyed , but slowly replacing them ... If we had a honda or some import .. granted maybe we would feel different .. But we don't we have AMEERICAN MADE , FULL BODIED TRUCKS ... Some of the hardest most reliable and sought after multi purpose made vehicles ... OOPS !!!! Sorry , I need to get off my soap box ... AAAHHHH .. yes done with some of the different parts houses ...
62 Longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #79
Reinovator

here's a good one for ya. I was working on 2002 Chevy pick up, it needed a left fender bumper core support and bumper w/ brackets called the chev dealer it all came in the next day (I live 300 miles from the best supplier but get most parts over night) installed every thing except the fender. The painter needed to jam it before installation, this was in late 2002, as I remember. it wouldn't fit. bolt holes not even close, called the dealer and asked whats up, next day he called back and asked for the vin# again then we could here swearing in the back ground. apparently some models, the avalanche I think were made in Mexico and even though they looked Identical for some reason all the mounting is different. Go figure.
I am in no way trying to say that GMCs or Chevys are inferior because the my be assembled or produced in Canada or Mexico. Just beware that some cases the are not American made. Dang it.
What I hate is that I'm made to believe that they are!!! this is what frellin makes me mad.
Either it is or it's not, DON'T MISSLEAD ME!!!
I want American Made!!!
Not American Boxed!!!
When it's in an American company's box, why can't it be an American made part,for cryin' out loud.
Feed America through production here not over seas.

Last edited by Reinovator; 10-10-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Reinovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 AM   #80
BlazinC5

I pretty much stick to Napa almost all the time. The last time I entered a Schmuck's. I raised holy livin hell with them all the way out the doors back in 2002. And I ain't been back to any of them since. Yes I said Schmucks .. Since the Oriley name is now listed with schmuck's it's no wonder the business satisfaction has gone down.
I had a few issues with the chain before that but the straw that broke the camels back was when I had an alternator go out on me New Years day in my 94 GMC. They were the only place open. I got the alt. installed and 2 days later it was making funny sound. found the nut was working off the pully shaft. No biggy I tightend it up real good. 50ish miles the next day funny noise was back. so I took alt back and said,, I tightend it but still came loose and it looks like it is to worn to stay together. OK, we have to order one from another store in the next town over. (wtf its a 94 gmc, you should have a few on the shelf, but whatever).. part was there next day. put it on and drove it 50ish miles again. I got home and a real bad noise comeing from under the hood as I put it in park and oped the hood just in time to see the belt try to slap me for looking at it funny. they gave me back the same Alt. back... I immediatly got on the phone and spoke to the manager about my problem with the store and told him I wanted my money back and a core or the core money also.. he didn't fuss about it. so I sent my wife in since I had to work and she needed our one running vehicle. They gave her some flack about me not knowing what i am doing I guess gave her the Alt. price back but then refused to give a core or the core money back. When I found out bout that I went in the next day after I got a NAPA Alt. installed and chewed the manager out when he wouldn't own up to what he agreed to on the phone, putting me at risk and basicaly calling me a lier for claiming that they gave me back the same alt. Needless to say we din't come to an understanding and so I chewed him out with a store full of people. I lost $40 bucks and he lost a customer for life. I wouldn't buy a cup of water from that set of chain stores even if my ass was on fire.. Rant over

My build, Restarted

05 Buell firebolt
94 1500 Z71
No rice for me,,, I'm full
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #81
irishman999

Here is a shocking story, Last summer I did a brake job on my K15 and purchased some brake pads for 10 bucks from Autozone. Three months later and less than 3k miles they are already bad and chattering so bad I had to change them.

I got the part number and walked into my nearest autozone here in Reno, Told the guy at the counter the part number and he said " Ohh you need brake pads" then walked around the corner and came back with my stuff. Amazing!
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote