The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
biohazardbill

Bad Coys Bad Coys what ya gonna do....

Well i did not see a tire and wheel section on here so i figure i would post in the generation of my truck. I am not bashing the company, just relaying the experience I have had with them.

I first got the idea of Coy Wheels from this forum, i have seen them on many trucks and really like the wheel style. I got all my suspension gear ahead of time as the wife was going away, so I called coys to get the wheels so I could have a rolling chassis when she got back. I was going 20s on the front, 22s on the rear. So when I called I explained what I wanted:

April 7:

Called to order wheels, the did not have 20s in stock and they only had 2 22s so I ordered them knowing I would use them for the rear.

April 15th:
Received the wheels and called to see about an approximate date when the 20s would come in. They told me he had an approximate date of May 15th for the 20s but an order of 22s would be in on May 2nd. After thinking about it and talking to him we decided to go 22s all around so I prepaid for the other two 22s.

May 9th:
I figured this was a good day to call to get status. A day or two to drill bolt pattern and 4 days to get to my house. Asked for a status and was told the 22s had not come in yet and they expected them on the 15th. I told him what he had told me earlier and he said I must have wrote down the wrong dates.

May 23:
May 15th was a Sunday so I again waited the week for them to come to my house, when nothing showed I called again. He stated that nothing had come in and that he would make some calls and call me back. Never happened.

May 31:
Still had not heard from them, called them again. He was apologetic as he had no idea when the 22s would be in. I asked if he had 20s in and he said yes and they would refund the difference and ship them out right away (I wanted 20s originally, seemed like a call would have been nice).

Today (June 6):
Got the 20s in, still no refund as of yet on the difference. I called earlier today to confirm they shipped and he provided a tracking number and told me he would have someone refund the difference right away.

The wheels are very nice, I like them but the service was not the greatest as you can see. 2 months for 4 wheels seems quite excessive.

Again I am not bashing the product, but if you plan on ordering these wheels for a quick turn around, and they do not have them in stock, there is no telling when you will get them from my experience. I hope this thread helps somone make an educated decision if their build is on a timeline.

I dealt with the same person throughout this transaction so there was no miscommunication between parties.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Bad Coys Bad Coys what ya gonna do....

Seems to be common with Coy's. They sell so many wheels, they don't really care.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Did you check the backspacing of the wheels?
They have been known to send out whatever "backspaced wheels" they have in stock.
They don't seem to care if it's what you ordered or not.

Check everything about them before you mount tires on them.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 06-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Mad Rods
Chevy Only Tx

Damn.. I'm sorry to hear that bro... I originally wanted to run Coys... Good looking wheels but is it really worth the headache and worries about where your money or product is for over two months?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
Rooster's 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Did you check the backspacing of the wheels?
They have been known to send out whatever "backspaced wheels" they have in stock.
They don't seem to care if it's what you ordered or not.

Check everything about them before you mount tires on them.
X2 they seem to not care.
and once you mount them they are yours, or the nextguy you can pawn them off on
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Rooster's 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #6
VA72C10
VA72C10

Also, are they chrome or painted? I purchased a 6 month old set of chrome coys c-5's that had 10 miles on them and sat inside a large covered building so no environmental exposure other than humidity. They had started to show pits on the chrome and that was not covered under their warranty...the only thing they cover is if the chrome is flaking off....
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Scot_Douglas
Fabrication OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill View Post
Well i did not see a tire and wheel section on here so i figure i would post in the generation of my truck. I am not bashing the company, just relaying the experience I have had with them.

I first got the idea of Coy Wheels from this forum, i have seen them on many trucks and really like the wheel style. I got all my suspension gear ahead of time as the wife was going away, so I called coys to get the wheels so I could have a rolling chassis when she got back. I was going 20s on the front, 22s on the rear. So when I called I explained what I wanted:

April 7:

Called to order wheels, the did not have 20s in stock and they only had 2 22s so I ordered them knowing I would use them for the rear.

April 15th:
Received the wheels and called to see about an approximate date when the 20s would come in. They told me he had an approximate date of May 15th for the 20s but an order of 22s would be in on May 2nd. After thinking about it and talking to him we decided to go 22s all around so I prepaid for the other two 22s.

May 9th:
I figured this was a good day to call to get status. A day or two to drill bolt pattern and 4 days to get to my house. Asked for a status and was told the 22s had not come in yet and they expected them on the 15th. I told him what he had told me earlier and he said I must have wrote down the wrong dates.

May 23:
May 15th was a Sunday so I again waited the week for them to come to my house, when nothing showed I called again. He stated that nothing had come in and that he would make some calls and call me back. Never happened.

May 31:
Still had not heard from them, called them again. He was apologetic as he had no idea when the 22s would be in. I asked if he had 20s in and he said yes and they would refund the difference and ship them out right away (I wanted 20s originally, seemed like a call would have been nice).

Today (June 6):
Got the 20s in, still no refund as of yet on the difference. I called earlier today to confirm they shipped and he provided a tracking number and told me he would have someone refund the difference right away.

The wheels are very nice, I like them but the service was not the greatest as you can see. 2 months for 4 wheels seems quite excessive.

Again I am not bashing the product, but if you plan on ordering these wheels for a quick turn around, and they do not have them in stock, there is no telling when you will get them from my experience. I hope this thread helps somone make an educated decision if their build is on a timeline.

I dealt with the same person throughout this transaction so there was no miscommunication between parties.
Damn.

You're not the person they really want to mess with either.
Scot_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
AllenKarber

I ordered mine in March of '08,and it was the middle of May or even the last part of May when I got them. It took a while to get them,but you will be happy when you do. I needed them for the Power Tour stop here in June of '08 so I was sweating. I wasn't too happy with the polished aluminum finish,but I was able to make them look a lot better eventually. Someone had dry wiped them and left a bunch of fine scratches also.

If you have disc brakes you may have to have a spacer made so they will fit over the hub. I found that out after ordering as well. I got someone on here to cut me a set though.

I'm still happy with them. They really set my truck off!
AllenKarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
biohazardbill

Still have not gotten the refund in difference.

They are the satin black ones.

As far as disc brakes etc when i got them i placed the hub on them to make sure the bolt pattern was right and they sat fulsh so no worries there, as far as backspacing, it was marked correct on the box, however i did not check them physically and I already have the tires on them so i hope they are correct lol

I will put in a call Monday to see about the refund in difference. The guys at the local tire shop really liked the wheels and asked about where to get some, told them not to bother unless they want to wait 6 months to get them.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
biohazardbill

Just Checked BS, it is correct.

Last edited by biohazardbill; 06-11-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
big_al_71

I bought my set of wheels from them never had an issue. They are cheap good looking wheels main reason I went with the black is because the many vehicles I seen here locally with their polished wheels dont look that good after some time.

Just on a side note, I always use American Express just in case with any purchase because one call to american xpress and they will stop the whole transaction and I am sure then I would get a call.

Post some picts once they are on!!!!
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote