The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
WinDancer
The Original HotRod KnifeMaker

PML Inc (yourcovers.com) Beware

Some of you will remember my wanting a set of the Corvette script valve covers for my big block.
The only place I could find them was PML Inc. (YourCovers.Com).
The site claims a lifetime warranty.
I ordered a set of the tall covers [Roller Rockers] for my new engine, had the powder-coated Chevy Orange and the script pin striped.
They are drop-dead gorgeous!
My mechanic called the next day to tell me they wouldn't fit over the roller rockers.
The mechanic called them and explained the problem. David Tolin explained to the mechanic to just grind the covers to clear. On the mechanic's refusal David them suggested grinding the roller rockers. Another refusal and a hang-up.
When I wrote David said that the covers fit the shop heads and that was all that was required. If they didn't fit my heads that wasn't PML's problem.
He refuses to do anything. They said if I return them at my expense they will test them on the shop heads- and if they fit they will do nothing.
You can see in the pics that two bolt-holes appear to be drilled wrong- they are not. The casting is off-center that far and prevents the covers from sitting down into position. David tells me they are all like that.
My mechanic checked them on a standard rocker system and they clear just fine, but I am not going to down-build my 585 HP engine to accommodate the covers from PML.
I have contacted everyone I can think of from the BBB and the Governor's Office and no one wants to help.
I am closing this chapter of my engine build and using other covers.
I will list these for sale and include a link to this post and will offer a money-back guaranty that they will work on a standard Big Block head and rocker system. Pics show the mis-alignment.
Watch out for this crook!

Name:  Cover1.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  15.0 KB

Name:  Covers2.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  15.2 KB

Name:  Covers3.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  17.2 KB
Old 10-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
ajgriffin

Re: PML Inc (yourcovers.com) Beware

Is it the fact that the casting is off that they don't fit or is it the height of the roller rockers? Would he be willing to trade you a set that doesnt have the holes drilled? Just a thought, maybe a dumb one but those covers are sweet, would like to see you use them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
WinDancer
The Original HotRod KnifeMaker

Re: PML Inc (yourcovers.com) Beware

They line up with the gaskets and bolt holes OK, but they won't clear the rockers.
I bought some polished aluminum covers and had them pinstriped with the the script Corvette and the traditional crossed flags.
Those are in and working correctly- and permanently. Not interested in trading.
Thanks-