The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #26
ItsRandy

Re: Brothers Service?

I have had trouble with Brother's Truck Parts also. I ordered some tailgate hardware in Dec. 2010, I was told they would be in in two weeks. I finally received them in April 2011. That was the only problem I have had. Brother's is local for me so I can pick up parts during work hours.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #27
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/10 King View Post
For what it's worth, I've been dealing with John@Brothers for about 6 years now, I can honestly say that he's a stand up hard working individual, and I believe him when he says, that he will attempt to help remedy unhappy customers with their purchases, or answer questions.
X2.
John and Jamie have always answered my question (no matter how redundant), and provided me with Links/Pictures.
Everything that I have ordered over the last 2 years, has been in stck.
Never had any B/O.
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #28
Tmwoodall

I certainly didn't start the thread to incite a ***** session, I truly was curious. As I said it has been 7+ years since my last order (college halted all progress on the truck). The most recent order was not a huge snafu of months of waiting, but an annoyance I'd rather not have to deal with.

I ordered on 7/25, the following day I get notice that the Sway bars are backordered with no estimated ship date. Not the biggest issue in the world, but I may have gone with CPP or ECE from the get-go had I known that, but again not a show stopper.

On Aug 5th, two business weeks later I called to see what was going on, I needed the rubber parts (new Bushings, bump stops, etc) for my suspension as I aim to get it all reinstalled this weekend. I just assumed it would ship out before the sway bars given that they were B.O. I spoke to a female who I suspect was Jamie from previous comments. She said she would break the shipment and get the rubber out to me. This annoyed me that it wasn't done automatically given that it would be over a month until the sway bars shipped (assuming their "two week" estimate was correct)

I checked my online status and I still saw no shipping updates which is when I posted this the other day. At which point I called to cancel, they said my rubber stuff is on the way, we shall see it's been almost a week since they sent it out for shipping.

So all in all, not the biggest deal. No months of waiting, or knock down drag out phone/email fights. However it was all enough of an annoyance for me to consider other vendors moving forward. THe practice of not shipping as available, and a lack of communication to the customer to appropriately set expectations both on the front end and back end will push me to find a similar vender who will do that. I for one, personally, would want all of this info as a vender/business owner. You can't possibly fix problems that aren't vocalized. I am glad there are folks out there with good experiences, from the positive I have read about John, it will be learning experience. I'd also be willing to bet that if I put in another order with them that it would be a near perfect experience
Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #29
19seventeeCustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
So you guys gonna keep diggin' this hole? Or did some of you contact John at his request in this thread.

Gary
Digging what hole,, The Op asked for our opinions of brothers truck parts and were gladly telling him our experiences.....

What is john gonna do about items that were bought several years ago...
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #30
Tim @ BROTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldawg View Post
I'll stick with brothers, Call and ask for Tim if you order from them.
I know John is on here to help you guys, but I am now on here as well, if there is any questions or anything you need assistance with I can be reached at:

800-877-2767 ext 103
Tim@brotherstrucks.com
or just PM me on here and I will respond to you.
Tim @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
Tmwoodall

Well the saga continues. I had planned to just let this die and bump them to the bottom of my vendor list. Now they are off of it totally, I'll be boycotting these folks now. What was a small issue has been mishandled big time in my opinion.

Timeline:
7/25 Place order
8/5 I call for status, and am told of Back order
8/9 I am charged full amount of order even though sway bar shipment date is no where in site, or even guesstimated by CS Rep.
8/10 I start thread to see if this is the norm. I cancel the sway bar as the rubber shipped
8/10 John PMs me for resolution
8/12 Rubber arrives
8/17 I respond to John's PM and tell him no hard feelings but I would like status of my refund
8/24 I am still owed my refund with no response from Brother's.

As it stands I have paid $323 for bumpstops and poly bushings (due to lack of Sway bar Refund) for the rear. Seems a bit steep to me!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #32
CTENTA1
Registered 1971 K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcutt View Post
GMC Pauls out of Rockville IN, great customer service. I ordered a new door skin and some door hinge pins for my 72 on Sunday and it all showed up today! Paul will definitely get my business again.
I'll put it like this! I live in Cali but after the one purchase of various items. Have not called them again. I deal with GMC Pauls or LMC now and they have great service. It is what it is. I rather pay more on shipping and get no BS then pay less and get the BS that comes with it.
CTENTA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #33
Tim @ BROTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmwoodall View Post
Well the saga continues. I had planned to just let this die and bump them to the bottom of my vendor list. Now they are off of it totally, I'll be boycotting these folks now. What was a small issue has been mishandled big time in my opinion.

Timeline:
7/25 Place order
8/5 I call for status, and am told of Back order
8/9 I am charged full amount of order even though sway bar shipment date is no where in site, or even guesstimated by CS Rep.
8/10 I start thread to see if this is the norm. I cancel the sway bar as the rubber shipped
8/10 John PMs me for resolution
8/12 Rubber arrives
8/17 I respond to John's PM and tell him no hard feelings but I would like status of my refund
8/24 I am still owed my refund with no response from Brother's.

As it stands I have paid $323 for bumpstops and poly bushings (due to lack of Sway bar Refund) for the rear. Seems a bit steep to me!
Hey TmWoodall,
Please PM me your information, I will check on the refund right now and find out what is going on, and I will give you a call to let you know the status.
Email: Tim@brotherstrucks.com
Phone: (800) 977-2767 ext. 103
http://www.brotherstrucks.com
Tim @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #34
Mike Bradbury

I live a couple of hours from the store and drove up to Corona for business and stopped in to purchase some items so to not pay shipping. One of the items was the C10 sport mirrors. They had them in stock and I paid the avertised price for them and all was good, until I tried to put them on the truck and found that I had two left side mirrors. Oops! called them right away and told them the problem and was informed that the right side needed to be ordered. I think it took a week or so but it came in quick time and no haggling on shipping. It was a simple mistake and was made right w/o incident. I will order from them again.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #35
OJ1988
Just a car guy

Everytime I have ordered something from one of their advertised sales, every item has been backordered.

When emailed asking for order status updates, I have never recieved a reply. I am about to give up on them as well.
1970 C20 tow rig
OJ1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #36
1 bootlegger

Brothers Trucks has taken my money from me on 7/23/11 for cab repair panel they said they would not charge me for until they could ship it. Now they won't respond to my e-mails about when it would be shipped.Not good business when there are lots of other outlets with which to shop.
1 bootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #37
Jamie @ BROTHERS

pm sent
Jamie @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #38
socalkevin68

ordered bumper...never got it called and they said " hasnt shipped yet" still have no clue if i'm going to get it...I contacted my cc company .......not good business...
socalkevin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #39
Tmwoodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalkevin68 View Post
ordered bumper...never got it called and they said " hasnt shipped yet" still have no clue if i'm going to get it...I contacted my cc company .......not good business...
Gah, I hate to see this. I was thinking about Brothers this weekend as removed my original wiper motor and switch (thinking of their intermittent setup) hoping things would be better after this slew of comments.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #40
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmwoodall View Post
Gah, I hate to see this. I was thinking about Brothers this weekend as removed my original wiper motor and switch (thinking of their intermittent setup) hoping things would be better after this slew of comments.
Honestly, it could happen at any one of the bigger companies. Think about how many people are on this site, and this is all the people that are commenting. Sometimes it is a matter of perception. I have ordered parts from Brother's a few times (usually during one of their sales- I'm cheap), and I haven't really had any problems. There have been backordered parts each time, but I haven't been in a bind for them, either. I have also had pretty good dealings with CPP (and you can see what their rep is....). It only takes one time to put a bad taste in your mouth. I deal with vendors every day at work, and will dump one after a few bad goes.

It may be worth a shot to give them another chance. John and Jamie have put themselves out here on the board for us. I haven't seen this from LMC or Classic Parts, but I haven't had an experience (good or bad) with either of them.