The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #51
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Re: Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfarns03 View Post
Alright guys i just want everyone to know this was user error, in NO WAY was it CPP's fault. The product was perfect i just pushed it too far. I have another on the way as we speak so i can get this damn motor in!
No big deal brutha! That kind of stuff happens, did you get a new mount? I can send you one if you need one.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #52
Jfarns03

Yes i bought a new mount from you guys yesterday over the phone. I should be getting it soon! From the look of the pictures do i have the motor blocks the right way?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...43#post6129043
Jfarns03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #53
Xeen

Hi Jeff;
The new engine perches are a much improved design and I can tell by the pictures that there is much more clearance for headers/manifolds.
I applaud CPP for listening to feedback and going back to the drawing board on them to create something that is a much better solution.
It's bitter sweet for me though because I could have used these new perches about 3 months ago because the old tubular design has caused me many headaches, and pain in the pocketbook because I had to buy the Doug Thorley headers which is $600 I didn't build into the budget, It would have been so nice to be able to use the TBSS manifolds like I could have with the new perches because that would have saved me a lot of money.

One other thing I would like to adress while you are around, I want to make you aware of an issue with the 3" forward adapter, it is 1" too far forward for the Vortec, only a 2" forward adapter is required to clear the AC compressor bracket, when I found this out I tossed the CPP 3" forward adapter in the scrap pile and called it a waste of $69 and designed 2" forward adapters and had them fabricated locally, here is a picture so you can see what the proper adapter looks like.
I would be happy to send you the CAD drawing with dimensions and measurements for the adapter so you can press them into production quickly and have the right adapter for the application.
Also can I send my tubular engine perches back and trade them in for the sheetmetal ones, and send my 3" forward adapters back for in-store credit?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #54
1963c-10

Now how about some cpp mounts for big block conversions in the 63-66 c-10s
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote