The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
hobby67stepside

More ragging on LMC

I ordered some parts from LMC this past Tuesday. I've ordered from them before and should know better. The (no nothing) girl who took my order says there is a 24 - 48 hr PROCESSING period before they ship orders. I said "what do you have - one guy in the back putting orders together to ship?" Of course she doesn't know. They must only hire minimum wage people. I live only about 250 miles from KC. The day before I ordered a set of seat belts from GEM in Covina, Cali. I'm 1800 miles from there and I got those today. Still waiting for the order from LMC. I only order form LMC when they have stuff that other close places don't seem to have. Rant over, I guess.
hobby67stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Yup...LMC sucks.
Spread the word.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Yup...LMC sucks.
Spread the word.

BUT THEIR CATALOGS ARE SO PRETTY
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #4
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Yeah, their catalogs do have good drawings. Hobby67 is right, though; the girl who takes your order can not answer any questions at all.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
green68c10
Ditto Head

Some things never change.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
powell72

And their catalogs are a great deal on ebay.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:41 AM   #7
pjmoreland

I bought an alternator bracket from LMC. It kind of looks like the original bracket, but it is several inches shorter. My alternator would have to sit inside my valve cover for the bracket to reach. I wonder if they ever test the stuff they sell.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #8
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

(Mom always stressed and preached to me growing up) If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing. (I use LMC all the time, and to me will continue to use them till either they are no longer around or I am no longer around. (they have the best shipping... )OMO

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 AM   #9
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Test the stuff LOL, LOL 99% of their people have never seen or payed attention to a pre 2005 truck. They only know a part number is a certain part in the computer but have no idea what the hell it fits except for the brief description in the computer. They send me all their Chevy/GMC catalogs every month even though i have called them many times to stop sending them. They have a very nice catalog with drawings that show in pretty good detail how parts go together and i admit i have used it as a referance many times in the past but that free catalog is not free it's an advertising gimmick to get you to pay 449.00 for a cowl hood that you can get almost anywhere for under 399.00 or front fenders that ship truck freight for 149.00 you can get for 120.00 DHL shipping, chrome bumpers 139.00 anywhere else 100.00- 130.00. All of these sheetmetal parts come from the same stamping company in Taiwan. Who is paying for that FREE catalog? I was quoted 22 thousand dollars to print 5000 color catalogs and 14 thousand for black and white, i can only imagine what their catalog and advertising cost per year is.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #10
ezernut9mm

i have been wondering about all the lmc bashing that goes on here and now i'm seeing why. i use them for some things, but i can go right down there and pick it up. i have never understood why the charge shipping by selling price and not by size/weight. that doesn't make any sense. they are more expensive on alot of things, but they also carry stuff that no one else has. i am a big fan of touching, seeing, smelling that stuff i buy so i try to stay away from mail order all together. it's lucky that i have lmc and chevy duty just down the road from my house or else i'd never buy anything for this truck short of junkyard stuff.

on a side note: all the trucks you have seen of the covers of their catalogs have been restored by them in house. i wonder if they use thier own parts???

'02 nissan sentra (wal-mart warrior)
ezernut9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
Mudder

Quote:
on a side note: all the trucks you have seen of the covers of their catalogs have been restored by them in house. i wonder if they use their own parts???
You're wrong. The trucks on the cover are trucks taken by them then altered by a computer to fit their covers. May be customers, friends, or trucks from shows. I know I have talked with the lady that is one of the owners of LMC. Very nice lady BTW.

I used to get all my parts from LMC before I ran across Chevy Duty. CD is more personal and sometimes cheaper on parts. I had spent over a thousand at LMC and didn't have any problems with them. I now buy from the vender's here whom support Josh and the board. Not a lot I need but if I do u can bet I will be calling one of the vender's here.

PS.....LMC has regular operators taking orders that use a computer and know nothing about what they are selling. Those Lady's are doing what they are paid to do, so I dont see how u can bash them.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
ezernut9mm

oops. ok. that's just what i was told.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #13
hobby67stepside

tphsmith, I don't have much good to say about LMC and I will spread the word so others don't have to suffer their ineptitude. It's BS for a business to be as sloppy as they are and not communicate this to others.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #14
SassyChevyGirl
Account Suspended

I ordered some stuff from LMC ...did it online ...no phones!! I got one package last week and the other package yesterday(bout a week and a half after ordering) everything was packaged well and everything was great EXCEPT the inner grill ..... it looks like a used grill that they slapped some paint on. My first experience with them was much better than I had expected.
SassyChevyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #15
hobby67stepside

Well, when I finally recieved my order on Sat (snail mail) one of my ordered items was just not there in the box. The box was in perfect condition so it wasn't lost from there. I called this past Mon. No problem they will ship the item. Keep in mind I'm 250 miles from KC. It came today - Friday. Also on Monday I ordered a couple things from Summit. Closest depot to me is Ohio. Probably about 500 miles. I got that order on Wed!!! and of course it was what I ordered. I don't know how anybody can say their shipping is good. There is a couple other things I need and I don't know of any other place that has them (the chrome trims rings for '67 grill) and I just dread ordering from LMC.
    '78 K20 4X4 400 eng
    '70 Boss 302 (owner for 27 years)
    '57 Ford shortbox 383 stroker TH350 tranny
    '23 T-bucket (built in '78)
    '02 Explorer
    '67 C-10 short step
NW Iowa
Old 03-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #16
ezernut9mm

if your talking about the chrome inserts for the grill, chevy duty has them.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #17
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

I've pretty much dealt with Bill at Athey's and I have to say, He does a great job. I live in VA where he's out of so I get my parts the next day everytime. When I call he's always the one to answer the phone. It's great to know you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about. His prices are right in line with everyone else too.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #18
green68c10
Ditto Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby67stepside
I ordered some parts from LMC this past Tuesday. I've ordered from them before and should know better. The (no nothing) girl who took my order says there is a 24 - 48 hr PROCESSING period before they ship orders. I said "what do you have - one guy in the back putting orders together to ship?" Of course she doesn't know. They must only hire minimum wage people. I live only about 250 miles from KC. The day before I ordered a set of seat belts from GEM in Covina, Cali. I'm 1800 miles from there and I got those today. Still waiting for the order from LMC. I only order form LMC when they have stuff that other close places don't seem to have. Rant over, I guess.
I don't know if you all know this ,but the "girl " you are all complaining about ,is not even in the same building that they keep the parts in.She is about a 1/4 mile a way in a totally different complex(not even on the same street).I know,I go past there alot.You all are calling the toll FREE #.IT IS A BUSINESS.I will spread the word,most don't know what they are talking about when it comes to LMC or MANES OR CHEVY DUTY all good places to purchase from.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #19
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphsmith
(Mom always stressed and preached to me growing up) If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing. (I use LMC all the time, and to me will continue to use them till either they are no longer around or I am no longer around. (they have the best shipping... )OMO
You are missing the whole point of the review board. If a member has anything to say good or bad about a product or vendor this is where it should be done. That's the whole purpose of this page....it wouldn't make much sense to only allow positive reviews would it?

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #20
Lemield

I have had good luck with LMC. My only advice is that you have to watch them on prices. Sometimes they are reasonable....a lot of times not. I agree that the folks who take the orders are not technical. I always order online and have had great luck with that. I shop several vendors for parts and all of them have their good and bad points.

I did buy some armrests from LMC one time. I ordered green ones and received some plain ones that must have been sprayed green. I put them on my truck and two weeks later the green was peeling off. I sent them back to LMC with a note complaining about the product and they sent me a prompt refund. Bought a different set from Brothers and they were much better quality. Molded in green instead of painted.

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #21
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

LMC been beddy beddy gud to me
blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #22
Bradleyworld

Geez, I just want the two catalogs my son and I ordered over two months ago!

And trying to actually speak with a real person on their 800 number is just not gonna happen.

Bradleyworld
Bradleyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #23
Big Blue

Sorry I got to chime in here. I ordered about $250.00 worth of truck parts from LMC. This was the first time i ever ordered anything from a catalog. The lady I spoke to was professional, took my order,repeated each thing i ordered, and told me my order i would receive in 7 days. She was right. I also called and asked for some help. This young girl said I need to speak to a shop that does that kind of work,, MADE sence to me, instead I ask this group, your cheaper. At that time i asked for another cataog for a 78 Blazer. Got that catalog in 6 days. I plan on ordering more parts later as i need them. Just so you don't think I forgot about the board sponsers, I'm looking at your products too.

Thanks John

So it is the luck of the draw i guess.

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:37 AM   #24
RED67
Forever Grateful

I just spent $637.00 for the 67.....I guess I'll see how it goes...Lady on the phone was very professional repeated bbbbback order and order #'s to make sure it was right...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #25
woodridge

I have ordered twice from LMC and satisfied both times. First time the order would have been close to $2k and when I Faxed the order in and saw I was a business I recieved a discount which made it just over 1400 an free shipping. The second time my order came to just under $500 and the kind lady on the other end suggested I add something to make it over $500 and get the free shipping so the way I look at it I got a free (?) part. When the order came in UPS had trashed the box my dash pad was in so I called LMC and they promptly sent me another, no q's asked. The ironic thing is the first pad was the wrong shade of green but I thought the other was not available, when the other pad came in it was the right shade, now we have a pad (not perfect but useable) for my sons 71 that is the correct color.
In all I am satisfied and would order again, also check for discounts, everyone has a friend, or at least an acquaintance, they could order through.
71 which is the light green
woodridge is offline   Reply With Quote