The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #26
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: gmc pauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbgump View Post
I think you should just get off of your soap box and call GMC Pauls. I have only ordered from them once and was pleased with the whole process. If their is anything that can be done to help the situation out just call and see. It could have been a simple error. Don't bash someone without contacting them to resolve it first.
well you probably talked to paul....and i agree calling HIM would be the thing to do...But these days you dont deal with paul.....
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbgump View Post
I think you should just get off of your soap box and call GMC Pauls. I have only ordered from them once and was pleased with the whole process. If their is anything that can be done to help the situation out just call and see. It could have been a simple error. Don't bash someone without contacting them to resolve it first.
I love Paul to death and am good friends with him. Neither Josh or myself have been able to get in touch with him via email or the store. I have left messages with Amber, both Josh and I have emailed and not heard back.That is pretty much unheard of for him, in the past he has always gotten back with us asap. Im sure there is a reason for this, but dont be quick to tell everyone to call and talk to Paul himself, when it isnt that easy.
I plan on calling his personal number and talking with him soon about other matters. That isnt the point though, he is not that easy to get a hold of right now.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #28
bad6772

It will all work out...i have not know Paul as long as others, but i will say he is a stand up guy..and he will get things worked out...IMO he probably has no idea of what is going on....
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I did call again today, and left word for him to call and explained why.. Hopefully he will see this post and get back with yall soon. Im sure there is a reason he hasnt been able to be around.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #30
4x4Bowhunter

That's great to hear, Liz.

I have attempted calling thier number every other day since Dec 29, and no one has ever answered.

I have been emailing back and forth with Amber, but it's always 2-3 days before a response is given.

I have to agree with the comment earlier that prior dealings appear not to matter much with respect to customer satisfaction lately. I, too, have ordered from him over the years, but my last order (placed 12/16/07) has yet to arrive at my door. I have been told "it shipped out already" or "was on backorder" but how about telling me that when you know, not when I follow up 3 weeks later.

To give them some credit, I did mess up my order originally. But when I tried to rectify I recieved the "its a custom part and therefore not eligible for return" response. I can live with that since I did mess up but still when I order two fans with a single fan shroud all on the same order, maybe someone would have questioned it.

I am not one to let a single instance ruin the service I have recieved in the past, especially hearing the feedback thru the board, so I probably will continue with them. But there won't be much more tolerated.

I hope Paul gets back on his feet soon! There ain't enough folks out there like him...
4x4Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 AM   #31
truckdude239

it does say on this web page We wish Everyone a Happy Holiday Season!!!!!! We will be closed Dec.24th-26th & Dec.31st-Jan.2nd

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #32
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdydrp97s10 View Post
alot of other ppl on here have had good expeirences with GMC pauls, and i hoped that i would to....

in the other thread i was asking why shipping was so high from them, and nobody really gave me a good answer.. there are other ppl that even say they have gotten free shipping from him...

well on the december 27 i ordered two inner door patches, two outter door patches , and one rocker panel.. a combined weight of 40 pounds... 53 dollars to ship it just sounded funny to me... anyways fast forward to today the packeage comes in.. i see that it has been drop shipped from NJ..
i just figured since it came from NJ thats why it cost so much to ship. But just to make sure i took the package to a UPS store to check shipping back to the samw adress.

Guess what shipping to return it was $23.. i overpayed $30 for shipping, thats just shady to me, i dont know why he would overcharge for shipping like that?? and on top of that i ordered on the 27 of december and it didnt even ship until january third...

im just mad that he trys to make more on shipping, if he needs more money to cover the cost of the parts he should just factor that into the cost of his products like everyother company out there does, rather than trying to slip that extra $30 by the customer, it just seems underhanded to me?????

sorry for the rant....
I don't know everything about your order as far as your name & where we shipped but I do know that the inner door panel patches boxed by themselves are over sized and we are charged above normal shipping costs that are normally based on weight because of the large size of the box. Boxed in 1 box with a rocker panel and 2 lower door skins the box would have been over sized 2 in dimensions and we would have been charged even more with them charging us as though the package weighed 70lbs instead of 40lbs. Add to that shipping insurance, box & packing materials and your shipping charges sound appropriate. If you would like us to review it all with you call us up and give us your name and I'll get your invoice pulled and then I'll locate our shipping invoice for your order and review the shipping charges with you.
We could have shipped a portion of your order from our Indiana warehouse and the parts we were out of from the NJ or PA, GA, or CA warehouse but we prefer when possible to do it all in one shipment from 1 location so if 1 of the other warehouses has it all and the Indiana warehouse doesn't we ship from the warehouse that does.
If your order was placed on late Thursday the 27th we would have printed and dealt with the order on Friday the 28th first thing and forwarded the order directly to the warehouse with everything in stock. With it being just before the weekend and the New year this would have caused a delay in shipping and most business's were operating only a 1/2 day on the 31st if at all. So by the time Jan. 2nd rolled around every ones back logged in orders and and they get processed and shipped as fast as possible.
We try to process and ship all orders within 24 hours but with Christmas & the New Year falling so close together its the hardest period to try to stay on top of the orders and not end up with a few taking a few extra days to complete.
Again if you have any questions concerning this please phone and we'll be happy to go over it.
I hope the New year finds you Healthy, Happy & Prosperous!!!! And thanks again for shopping with GMCPauls Truck Parts.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 AM   #33
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
well i have been watching this thread, so i figured i would chime in with my dealings with GMC Pauls...i have been buying from paul for over 7 years now...3-4months ago, i sent an email with some questions and parts availabilty and a day to pick up< is in the same state is me> Got a reply email stating all parts were there and we agreed on a date...so me and the wife got up early on a saturday, and headed out for the 3 hour.<one way trip) .called about 20 mins away and was told our parts were being pulled..Ha..... not only was our parts not being pulled when we got there ,but none of the parts i ordered was there NONE OF THEM...pissed was a understatement....But being calm before the storm... i figured things happen..Anyways..i then set to order everything that i drove there for (which i could have just done that from my house) .total came out to 408.56 ..(that included shipping) i laid out 420.00, and was told that they didnt have change, and that they would have to go the local quickie mart and get me change....i then stated that i had drove for 3 hours to get there for parts that was supposed to be there,and couldnt they just wave the 8 dollars...and i was told no sorry.... so i then decided this just wasnt the deal i wanted. i picked up my cash and me and the wife headed for the door.. I guess business is good to lose 400 dollars over 8 dollars....So basically i wasted 7 hours of my day plus fuel ( 55 dollars ) ...I did not deal with Paul directly,but it is his company with his name on it..
I also want to add i am not trying to bash or hijack this thread but this is my dealings with GMC pauls...it really gripes my arse to i have spent well over 5 grand with GMC pauls and this is how i was done.....VERY SAD...i hope that whatever is going on there gets fixed... i like paul and like dealing with HIM....not someone who makes me feel like i am a pain in their arse and im bugging them.... also there were two other site venders who got me all my parts, and i have made more orders through them and they made me feel wanted as a customer and a fellow truck guy....
I apologize for us not having the drop spindles in stock that weekend you arrived I've gone back and researched when we emailed back and forth on the inventory we had and at the time you inquired a week before coming we had 3 sets of them but during that week all 3 sets sold and shipped, we did have the u-bolts in stock still and had explained that the brake lines shipped direct from the manufacturer. In a perfect world my daughter that agreed to meet with you on a Saturday when we were closed would have been informed that all 3 sets sold and shipped and she could have notified you of such but she didn't know thus she was extremely perplexed as to why there were none where they belong when she went out to pull them, there was no change available because we've been broken into twice and all money goes into a safe on Friday at closing and she does not have access to the safe, she did offer to go get change and come right back maybe a 5 minute delay which you declined, and if I had been there I would have waved the $8.00 but I wasn't and my daughter did not feel it was her place to without approval. She now knows differently and also knows that in the future if shes not sure to try to contact me for approval.
I'm extremely sorry you were inconvenienced and drove that far without the drop spindles being there and they should have been told to call the Friday before coming to make sure they were still in stock as our inventory changes daily due to others buying parts for their trucks.
My Apologies!!!!!
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #34
bad6772

Because i love this place and love the people that made it what it is today......i will leave my comments to myself................well most of them...You have read the emails right? Read them again.............. Do you need me to forward them to you.?

Tony

Last edited by bad6772; 01-16-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: want to stay here
Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #35
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
Because i love this place and love the people that made it what it is today......i will leave my comments to myself................well most of them...You have read the emails right? Read them again.............. Do you need me to forward them to you.?

Tony
Heres a copy of the emails Tony I XXXXXX your name & email address, The last email Amber sent was on 11/12 your last email to us asking if they were in stock

Hi,
The 17th will be fine, just come in the morning. Call
765-569-2909 before you come thats the house phone. My
sister Danielle will be helping you out.
Thanks
Amber@gmcpauls
--- tony XXXXX <XXXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Amber,
> Wow that makes October a busy birthday month for
> you guys but congrats again. We are wondering if we
> could come by on Nov 17th to pick up a set of
> spindles, control arm u-bolts w/ nuts and order the
> brake line kit. If you let us know before hand, we
> can be there anytime on saturday whatever works best
> for you. It will save on shipping. Thanks Tony and
> Alicia
> GMCPauls Truck Parts <robbinspd1199@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> Hi, Tony
> Dad had 2 grandkids and that increased to 5 as he
> actually became a grandfather 3 additional times in
> Oct, 1 grand-daughter born 10/11/07, 2nd
> grandaughter
> born 11/23/07, and his 3rd grandson ( already had 2
> )
> was born Halloween 10/31/07
> The drop spindles we keep here in stock however the
> brake line kits ship direct from the manufacturer in
> Michigan, (Inline Tube) to our customers.
> You'll find the brake line kit for your truck here
> on the following page of our web site
>
http://www.gmcpauls.com/67-72_truck_..._%26_hoses.htm
> Yours would be the 3rd listing from the bottom
> Part#1801037, Price $185.00 for 10pc kit.
> My Very Best Regards
> Amber @ GMCPauls
> --- tony XXXXXX wrote:
>
> > no problem on the delay and congrats on being a
> > grandparent< Liz told us all on the site.........i
> > am planning on coming down and getting the
> spindles
> > and a stainless steel brake line kit for the my
> > 72... i couldnt find the brake line kit.. but when
> i
> > talked to paul last he said that you guys did have
> > them...? its a 72 lwb with power brakes and its a
> > leaf spring truck..so any info on these would be
> > great..would you guys be available for a sat pick
> > up?.... i also need 4 lower control arm u bolts
> and
> > nuts..oh and the inner rocker...those damn things
> > were just stuck together lol . thats all no one
> gave
> > me an extra knowingly ... i will bring it when i
> > pick up...its easier to drive for an hour than
> wait
> > for shipping........thanks alot tony......
> >
> >
and below a prior reply on 11/7
Where she first told you that they were kept here and brake lines shipped direct

Hi, Tony
Dad had 2 grandkids and that increased to 5 as he
actually became a grandfather 3 additional times in
Oct, 1 grand-daughter born 10/11/07, 2nd grandaughter
born 11/23/07, and his 3rd grandson ( already had 2 )
was born Halloween 10/31/07
The drop spindles we keep here in stock however the
brake line kits ship direct from the manufacturer in
Michigan, (Inline Tube) to our customers.
You'll find the brake line kit for your truck here
on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/67-72_truck_..._%26_hoses.htm
Yours would be the 3rd listing from the bottom
Part#1801037, Price $185.00 for 10pc kit.
My Very Best Regards
Amber @ GMCPauls
--- tony XXXXX <XXXXXXX@yahoo.com> wrote:

> no problem on the delay and congrats on being a
> grandparent< Liz told us all on the site.........i
> am planning on coming down and getting the spindles
> and a stainless steel brake line kit for the my
> 72... i couldnt find the brake line kit.. but when i
> talked to paul last he said that you guys did have
> them...? its a 72 lwb with power brakes and its a
> leaf spring truck..so any info on these would be
> great..would you guys be available for a sat pick
> up?.... i also need 4 lower control arm u bolts and
> nuts..oh and the inner rocker...those damn things
> were just stuck together lol . thats all no one gave
> me an extra knowingly ... i will bring it when i
> pick up...its easier to drive for an hour than wait
> for shipping........thanks alot tony......
>
> GMCPauls Truck Parts <robbinspd1199@yahoo.com>
> wrote: Hi,
> Sorry for the delay on getting back with you. We
> didn't end up going to the swap meet you can find
> the
> price for the spindles here
> http://www.gmcpauls.com/Suspension.htm
> If you can ship the part to us or if you plan on
> coming to the shop bring it. Let us know what your
> going to do.
> Thanks
> Amber@gmcpauls
> --- tony XXXXX wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Note: forwarded message attached.
> > __________________________________________________
> > Do You Yahoo!?
> > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> > protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com > Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007
> 19:43:11 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: tony XXXXXX
> > Subject: Swap Meet Super Sunday 21..............
> > To: GMCPauls Truck Parts
> >
> > Hey Paul.........Tony here just wanted to thank
> you
> > all my parts fit perfect....some mods were needed
> > but it was rust repair.....Oh wanted to add, the
> > wife was given one to many inner rockers... she
> was
> > given three...... they was stuck together,,,.would
> > like to return it to you,,, Are you going to be at
> > the Super Sunday Swap Meet Oct 21? If so i would
> > like to pick up some Drop Spindles for my 72 ...
> > dont know if you remember but its a 72 1/2 ton
> > ......If you could bring them to the meet that
> would
> > be awsome....i would also like to return the inner
> > rocker to you that same day.... Please let me know
> > if you will be able to do this.... final price of
> > the spidles would be great
> also...............thanks
> > again paul.................tony
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that
> gives
> > answers, not web links.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #36
GMCPaul

By the way my above reply was to the post before your Last edited by bad6772 : Today at 01:45 PM. Reason: want to stay here editing which was

Quote:
*************** if you
read the emails ,then (one) you would know that i did not drive there
for drop spindles...(two) there was no U bolts at all NONE( i looked for
30 mins) (three) got it on the brake lines....as i didnt ask why they
wasnt there or mention them in my post...(four) i called friday and was
assured everything was there....hence the 6 hour trip..(five) lol
would you have waited for change...after all the above. plus agreed to pay
shipping? which is what the 6 hour trip was all about it the first
place.... ***************

Last edited by GMCPaul; 01-16-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #37
bad6772

As stated before , i would buy from you again and plan on doing just that, things happen i understand...comunication is the key factor..as stated in this thread and many others...i ve always had your back............

Best Regards
Tony

Last edited by bad6772; 01-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #38
4x4Bowhunter

I have to say, that Paul himself just called me this morning and "made everything right!!!"

He called me personally, told me he spoke to Liz, and saw the posts, and provided me an update. He told me my new(second) fan shroud should be here, at my door, today!! And he was right!! And he diverted my original order fan shroud so it wasn't delivered to me. (and I didn't have to pay the non-return charge--he took care of it).

2 minutes later, he called back, gave me status on another back ordered part and told me it would in thier hands by end of week, and would ship out the next day.

So, after all is said and done, as I indicated previously, I would continue to purchase from them--heck--probably only them well into the future.

Paul didn't have to call me, he could have responded via email, but he didn't. He could have stuck to his policy on me eating the cost of the original shroud, but he didn't. He was up all night driving and could have waited a few more days to contact me, but he didn't. This is the kind of person Paul is, and the kind Service he provided to me!!

The moral of the story is A.) Always double check your order before check-out. B.) Always deal with suppliers that you trust, have great records and really stand behind their Service. C.) Don't be hesitant to calmly and rationally explain your situation because if you follow B above, you will never have anything to worry about.

I firmly believe in GMCPauls and will always follow B. I have learned that i need to improve on A myself, but Paul was awesome. If this were my thread, I would definitely change to 'thumbs up'....

Thank you again, Paul!! And Amber, my apologies to you as well. Thank you both for partnering with me!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #39
4x4Bowhunter

Oh, one more thing...

I got home from work today and Paul had followed up with an email as well!!!

Man, I just cannot say how much I truly appreciated hearing from him! I am a customer for life!

Thank you again Paul.

PS. Liz: Thank you as well!! This truly is the best forum out there!!

Brian.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #40
GMCPaul

Tony glad we work things out and I am truly sorry it happened!!!!!!
Brian glad I could help, and I couldn't have gotten it all accomplished without Ambers help.
I hope the new year finds you both Healthy, Happy & Prosperous!!!!!
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #41
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

When I first started reading these messages, I was leary of ordering from GMC Pauls even though I've heard good things about him in the past.

Then, towards the end I read GMC Pauls responses and realized why a lot of people on the site think he is a stand up guy. Not many companies will respond to individuals period, much less call or email and explain the problems.

I, for one, never think about the handling, packaging and materials that go into shipping. Usually we just look at the weight.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #42
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Tony glad we work things out and I am truly sorry it happened!!!!!!
Brian glad I could help, and I couldn't have gotten it all accomplished without Ambers help.
I hope the new year finds you both Healthy, Happy & Prosperous!!!!!
Paul @ GMCPauls
So paul, are you back at the shop handling business? I was going to order a wood bed kit and then saw all these posts... I had faith though. ahaha
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #43
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Again, nice to see the vendor stepping up to the plate. Some vendors don't care, at least Paul seems to honest.

Hey Paul, set me back a 6 lug 2.5" drop disc brake kit for my 69! I'll be calling in a week or so!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #44
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

I always call Paul first when I need something, always been treated great.

I think it is incredible that he would join into this thread and explain to everyone his side, that takes guts imo!