The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
6erWebb

Have you been screwed by BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM

I have

Not long ago I came into a sum of 360 bucks. I am a college student so of course felt as though I was rich. My first order of business? Parts. Where from? Well Ive seen brothers advertised before and was impressed by the look of the site and even further by their low prices so a deal was made. I ordered almost every peice of weather striping for the cab of my 67. $152 and some change, alright not bad.

NOW. Ive never been good with my account, im always close and not too long before this transaction had another overdraft, so the bank lady FORCED me to keep a written tally of everything I spend. And I did. Gas $ food $ insurance $. and my spending was done, I even put in 50 bucks.

Well after my trip to texas this past weekend where the rest of my cash took me (as far as my written account was concerned) I went to check my account online to check myself and see how good I was at this accounting thing. I was saddened to see I was -6.50 in the hole... And was confused because after going through again and again I saw no flaw in my accounting.

Then I found it. Brothers had charged me twice for my order. what started out as a simple 152 turned into a 304 dollar charge which after some more withdrawls sent me into the red. More charges continued to come today from last weekend (which my account should have been prepared for (80$ left as far as paper is concerned).

Now Im 117.68 cents overdrawn because brothers chevy truck parts took more than they agreed out of my account and one represenitive told me that as far as they were concerned the bank should take care of it...

Im in the process of getting all this situated but cant help but feel like Im owed somthing for all the running and worrying Ive been doing (almost got stranded in texarkana because funds were insufficient) all because of Brothers.

If the owner is On this site Id love to talk to him. And as far as Im concerned that weatherstripping isnt mine, it will be sent back as soon as it arrives. Brothers will never get any more business from me.
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Shyguy

Re: Have you been screwed by BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM

I have never had any dealings with Brother's, but I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with them.

I have seen them advertised in quite a few magazines and hope they will work with you to straighten things out.

Danny
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
68 short step

sounds like brothers screwed up and credited it back to ya, ya i heard they're reputation is starting to go south.... and it also sounds like its your fault too, and need to learn to keep track of your $$...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
Rack Man

It is unfortunate but mistakes do happen...and it usally takes a couple days to get it all sorted out...we have all been through it....Because its not a perfect world we all have to look out for ourselves....and that means not spending every dollar we have.....Finances are very simple...you can't spend more than you have coming in....and always save a few dollars for a rainy day...and right now its pouring on you....JK

RM
Old 10-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
sounds like brothers screwed up and credited it back to ya, ya i heard they're reputation is starting to go south.... and it also sounds like its your fault too, and need to learn to keep track of your $$...
If you read through his post, he got charged double. I don't see that being his fault on this one.

I was young once and had to live from paycheck to paycheck. Mistakes are made but we have to rectify them, so I think Brothers should too- one way or another.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
mycool72

In my opinion, they are not responsible for anything except a refund for the second charge and a refund for the original parts if you decided you didn't want to do business with them...thats all. The bank stuff is on you, if you had a decent history with them they would waive any overdrafts.
mycool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
CB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
If you read through his post, he got charged double. I don't see that being his fault on this one.

I was young once and had to live from paycheck to paycheck. Mistakes are made but we have to rectify them, so I think Brothers should too- one way or another.
X2! He was keeping track of his money. The double charge is the only reason he went neg.
CB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
mclairmo

It's not his fault. However, we have all been through this before and you need to keep more than a $50 reserve in your account (if possible) just in case. If not possible, then maybe wait on the parts purchases. Also, I buy my parts from the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA, much cheaper prices and most of their stuff is decent quality. You can search here for opinions on them.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Dave Reed

As a business owner I have to chime in on this one. You would not have incurred any overdraft charges if it was not for Brothers erroneous double dip. In my business we have made that mistake and as long as the customer provides proof that we caused his account to be overdrawn we will pay those fees to the customer. That is simply the right thing to do. It was not your fault having the account down to $150 if they didn't double dip and it is in no way the bank's responsibilty to make right either. They will not give you any money for time and suffering though, just return you back to normal.
Dave Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
kevmic28

I have gotten to the point that if I buy anything online I use a visa gift card to purchase it with. Paypal and Ebay are the worst in my opinion about double charging.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
6erWebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreet007 View Post
As a business owner I have to chime in on this one. You would not have incurred any overdraft charges if it was not for Brothers erroneous double dip. In my business we have made that mistake and as long as the customer provides proof that we caused his account to be overdrawn we will pay those fees to the customer. That is simply the right thing to do. It was not your fault having the account down to $150 if they didn't double dip and it is in no way the bank's responsibilty to make right either. They will not give you any money for time and suffering though, just return you back to normal.
Thankyou, if everyone reads carefully this was in absolutly no way my fault. I would have had about 80 somthing dollars in there now had brothers not charged me twice.
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
Raguemoe

I never use my bank card to purchase anything online or retail. I have an extra card that I make all by purchases with, so I can keep track and dispute the charge if there are any problems.

I use Brothers all the time and they have always been quick to resolve any problems (ie wrong & damaged parts). I would call them up and ask to talk to the owner (I believe it is a family owned bus). It's not like a huge corp. like Classic Industries or something.
Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Truck Dr.

Quote:
As a business owner I have to chime in on this one. You would not have incurred any overdraft charges if it was not for Brothers erroneous double dip. In my business we have made that mistake and as long as the customer provides proof that we caused his account to be overdrawn we will pay those fees to the customer. That is simply the right thing to do. It was not your fault having the account down to $150 if they didn't double dip and it is in no way the bank's responsibility to make right either. They will not give you any money for time and suffering though, just return you back to normal.
That's the right thing to do, although not many doin it.

I have suffered with this problem when I was a young adult also, as what I see the merchant is wrong and need to pay up for charges incurred from their mistake.

Wish the OP luck , don't give up, also if you return the parts you'll pay shipping back probably, keep the parts if they are what you ordered, put em on your truck and mark the vendor off if they don't fix the problem.

Dave
Truck Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
lofly'a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmic28 View Post
I have gotten to the point that if I buy anything online I use a visa gift card to purchase it with. Paypal and Ebay are the worst in my opinion about double charging.

i agree about his situation being frustrating, wrong and unfortunate. i have heard similar things aboout ordering/dealing with Brother's. how can paypal double charge. the receiving party only receives what you authorize when you log-on. i'm not saying it can't/did'nt happen, but can you explain how it happened to you, and did you have quick success in resolving it.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
68 short step

Quote:
i wish more business owners were like you, i totally agree it is brothers responsibilty to take care of any over-draft fees IMO....what i read from the OP was he felt worrried and overwhelmed by not haveing an extra 152$(because brothers overcharged him) in his account, and what im saying is if that is how he feels, then he needs to get his $$ in check..... im not a financial expert, but i do know that haveing a few $$ to fall back on 'just in case' takes a big burden off you...and the inpression i got was he was irritated at his $, and brothers....but if i miss read/understood what he is saying, then disreguard all my posts
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
diggertodd
diggertodd

By no means am I saying this is Brothers situation but as a business owner, here was mine... my charge card company accidentally did the double charge deal with about 150 charges one month. About the time the calls started coming in, I started freaking out on the charge card company as hard as the people were flipping on me....

I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect the charge card co. to send a notice to all of the customers of THEIR mistake and spell out it wasn't ours... no can do they said... plus it took them almost 30 days to refund to all customers.

Can you imagine how many people said "yeah, right" when we tried to tell all of the customers it was the card company mistake, not ours?

fun times

Last edited by diggertodd; 10-21-2009 at 09:44 PM.
diggertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
kevmic28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofly'a View Post
i agree about his situation being frustrating, wrong and unfortunate. i have heard similar things aboout ordering/dealing with Brother's. how can paypal double charge. the receiving party only receives what you authorize when you log-on. i'm not saying it can't/did'nt happen, but can you explain how it happened to you, and did you have quick success in resolving it.
Paypal likes to occasionally charge a dollar to your account to make sure its still valid, but doesnt finalize the transaction. Well apparently due to a computer error on their part I was charged $1000 dollars. It took about a week for the charge to fall off and get my money back. But for that week I bounced checks/ credit charges out the wazoo. Oh and no they didnt cover the NSF charges. It was enough to put a sour taste in my mouth about Paypal.
As far as Ebay goes I will never use them again. I bought some Harley parts from a guy. Mostly old gas tanks to hang on the walls in my game room. Come to find out he was a flake, posted thousands of dollars worth of stuff online and when he got the cash he canceled his account and ran with the money. What did ebay do????? I went through their claims department, after 3 months of getting the run around because they couldnt contact the guy, so Ebay closed the disput marked it as resolved and blew me off. Then deleted the transactions off their site so I had no records of anything. My fault for not printing them off but I thought they were a secure and trust worthy business.
Now if I cant pay cash for it I dont need it.

Last edited by kevmic28; 10-21-2009 at 09:49 PM.
kevmic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

You have to be careful with $ now a days. Some restaurants and gas stations add a surcharge to your account until it clears.

I know that's not what happened here, but just letting the OP know.

I've had good experiences with Brothers Truck Parts.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-21-2009 at 09:53 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

The responsibility falls on Brothers. You didn't pay their card company, you paid them. If they want to make an issue out of it with their card company, that's a battle for them to fight. Whether or not they handle it correctly may be another story. As for those claiming you did something wrong, that's a negative. No pun intended. Leaving "ONLY" 150.00 in your account is by no means a lack of repsonsibility on your part. Especially in the middle of an economic recession.

Please update this as much as you can. If Brothers fails to rectify this for you properly I will stop doing business with them. Thx.

Travis

Last edited by highperf4x4; 10-21-2009 at 10:14 PM.
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I hope they'll make it right... but I'm not holding my breath.
They'll probably refund your money after 30 or even 45 days and call it good.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 10-21-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #21
kevmic28

Quote:
Originally Posted by highperf4x4 View Post
The responsibility falls on Brothers. You didn't pay their card company, you paid them. If they want to make an issue out of it with their card company, that's a battle for them to fight. Whether or not they handle it correctly may be another story. As for those claiming you did something wrong, that's a negative. No pun intended. Leaving "ONLY" 150.00 in your account is by no means a lack of repsonsibility on your part. Especially in the middle of an economic recession.

Please update this as much as you can. If Brothers fails to rectify this for you properly I will stop doing business with them. Thx.

Travis
Especially being a young man in college, your doing good to have $150 in your account.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #22
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highperf4x4 View Post
If Brothers fails to rectify this for you properly I will stop doing business with them. Thx.

Travis
Make that 2 of us, plenty of reputable vendors out there, no need to hassle with questionable ones...

Last edited by screamin_c10; 10-21-2009 at 11:00 PM.
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Andy, your original post was a lot funnier
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #24
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Brothers sucks - I had a hell of a time with them earlier in the year and have written them off altogether - plenty of other good venders here!
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Andy, your original post was a lot funnier
true... but with my position on here, it was uncalled for
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote