The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
jmedero

cpp frustrations

Since last Thursday I have been trying to buy the CPP rear driveline shaft with the slip in it. I have left messages, emails, pm's and nothing. I call every day and wait 10-15 min just to order the part I need. So today the operator gets on while im holding and said she will take a name and number and have someone call me. So someone finally called me back. I give this guy the part I need, hey its in stock!!! Woo hoo things are looking up. Wrong. I give him my card, he takes my address and puts me on hold. "Ok buddy your all set part is in stock so it will ship out in 10-14 business days....." Huh I say it wont take that long to get here from Cali... he said no that the wait time to leave the building!! I said but you have it in stock right.. Yes we do... I asked why so long and he said they are just busy. But I can pay an extra $94 to get it processed today and 3 day air it to me so I can get it Wednesday. HUH.

Is it me or is this just crazy? I said to cancel the order. I can see if the part is out of stock but dang....
Guess its off to the driveshaft shop for me.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: cpp frustrations

Talk to CPPJeff here on the board, or call and ask specifically for him, no one else. Email will get to him fast as he can multitask.
I got this off another thread...
direct at 888-522-8303 ext 118

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

This thread will be moved to the review board area.
Sorry about your unhappy transaction with CPP.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 03-10-2011 at 07:11 AM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
jmedero

Well jeff was one of the guys I contacted. I am in no way knocking him he's a good guy and had helped me on several other projects. I am just upset about the whole thing.
Sucks really.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

CPP needs the shipping department that Summit Racing or Jegs have.
They ship out most parts the same day.
I thought CPP's standard "leave the building" delay was 7 days minimum.
They must be super busy,... or maybe it wasn't really in stock.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 03-09-2011 at 08:16 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Orangetonicclicc

I didn't have any luck with CPP, I went to Performance Online!!!!!!! Great company!!!!
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
68laydout

Don't get me started on CPP. Order elsewhere if you can. I still can't get over how bad I was burned by them multiple times. That was two years ago. Never again. Crazy because they really have some good stuff but just can't seem to get the stuff out the door and if they do it's wrong half the time.
68laydout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
jmedero

I have gotten stuff before and got it in a couple o days. I'm just really disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
Sicklajoie
The Niner

I don't care how busy you are, there's no excuse for a delay THAT long. That's beyond being a joke.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
jmedero

I just got an email saying they processed my order after i told him to cancel my order. I hope my card was not charged!!!!! This will be an interesting phone call in the am.

Last edited by jmedero; 03-10-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Spelling.
jmedero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I will check tomorrow and see if I can get someone to reply here. I know they had their Nova open house last weekend, and the truck cruise and open house this weekend, but that should not cause a huge shipping delay.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
JOHNORO
oldschoolblazer@yahoo.com

call JEFF he will get to the bottom of this
call early around 730 800 am west coast time..
JOHNORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #13
funkytechmonkey

I also had a pretty bad experience with CPP and I am kinda glad I did. I ordered a complete rear suspension from them and it took them 6 days just to run my card. I canceled it and ordered it from Porterbuilt. Nate is a pretty awesome guy.....great customer service and on the spot with everything. They are pretty busy so it took a little longer than I expected to get my suspension but its well worth the wait!!
Boyd Welds Gas tank and mild c-notch.
Click here to view my build
funkytechmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #14
jmedero

I don't know man... How hard should you have to work to give someone your money? I own my own business so I understand getting busy but geeez.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
charx2

I ordered a panhard bar from CPP on 03/04/11, here we are on the 11th and they still haven't charged my card or processed the order! They did however charge me $1 to verify my billing/shipping address? I also order a step notch kid from suicidedoors at the same time as the panhard, they charged me but still haven't processed the order. WTF!!! This is crazy. This is my second time dealing with CPP and the first was pretty pleasant. I just don't understand why so long of a delay for both companies? I guess they are busy but good lord, 1 week later and still have not shipped? I'm seriously thinking about canceling if I can find somewhere else to order both from. I go to school full time, work full time and take care of a family of 5, time is very precious to me and it really makes me upset when it's wasted. Sorry, just venting lol. But I do need my stuff!!!
charx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #16
jmedero

Well my rear set up is all Porterbuilt. Nate is a nice guy. Cancel and give him a call. I have his kit with panhard bar and it is nice.
I hear you on the time issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #17
charx2

I just might do that...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by charx2 View Post
I ordered a panhard bar from CPP on 03/04/11, here we are on the 11th and they still haven't charged my card or processed the order! They did however charge me $1 to verify my billing/shipping address? I also order a step notch kid from suicidedoors at the same time as the panhard, they charged me but still haven't processed the order. WTF!!! This is crazy. This is my second time dealing with CPP and the first was pretty pleasant. I just don't understand why so long of a delay for both companies? I guess they are busy but good lord, 1 week later and still have not shipped? I'm seriously thinking about canceling if I can find somewhere else to order both from. I go to school full time, work full time and take care of a family of 5, time is very precious to me and it really makes me upset when it's wasted. Sorry, just venting lol. But I do need my stuff!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #19
Wild83C10

I got the same $1 charge along with the charge for the parts, then a few days later they charged me for shipping. I ordered 2 pairs (4 total) of frame stiffeners and I guess they thought I only wanted 2 stiffeners not 4 total so they change my order for me instead of asking.
They do some weird stuff over there and their shipping department is horrible. It's too bad because they do have nice products.
I beleive Summit sells some of the CPP stuff now, might want to check on that. Hopefully Summit stocks the stuff and they don't drop ship from CPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charx2 View Post

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #20
Orangetonicclicc

I tried ordering a disc brake kit from CPP twice both times alot of it was on back order!! And getting in contact with someone is very difficult! I gave up cancelled the order called POL!!! They had everything in stock, saved a $135.00, and was called back when it shipped later that day. This was Friday and it made it Tuesday!!! I will NEVER order from CPP again!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
charx2

POL doesn't seem to have the right panhard I need. I'm waiting until 10am(cdt) here to call them. Cpp panhard kit comes with the brackets, the POL looks like it doesn't. I'm going to have to call them.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Ok first off i want to appologize for these issues, its almost like a broken record. First off we will never be Summit or Jegs as those companies simply take another vendors merchandise of there shelf and ship it, thats a far cry from being a manufacture like CPP. With that said i cannot agree with how bad the lead times are right now. From a salesmans standpoint its tough as i want excatly what you guys want and thats to have the ability to ship all orders in a timely fashion. In some aspects on the driveline it is terrible to give a customer that deep of a lead time but atleast he did not say it would be 2 days and totally mislead you. I can tell you this from a salesmans standpoint CPP must be doing something right as every phone line in the building is lit up like a christmas tree all day long. Seriously guys i am here to help anyway i can, i really hate reading this stuff and wish it would go away permanetly....
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #23
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Hey Jeff, does your boss and up see this forum? if they dont, maybe they should, just to get an idea of the frustration.

We all know it is not YOUR doing, but it is frustrating knowing you can only do so much, and we all appreciate what your doing, it just isnt enough in some cases, but it is all you can do. I say and ask this because I used to work for a company that the big wigs didnt really know what was going on in the day-to-day business, we worker bee's were the ones that handled stuff and we ( like you) could only do so much. When they finally saw the true problems, change was fast and hard. Let us know how we can help you help us.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #24
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Hey Jeff, does your boss and up see this forum? if they dont, maybe they should, just to get an idea of the frustration.

We all know it is not YOUR doing, but it is frustrating knowing you can only do so much, and we all appreciate what your doing, it just isnt enough in some cases, but it is all you can do. I say and ask this because I used to work for a company that the big wigs didnt really know what was going on in the day-to-day business, we worker bee's were the ones that handled stuff and we ( like you) could only do so much. When they finally saw the true problems, change was fast and hard. Let us know how we can help you help us.
Clyde this whole thread will be going to upper management, trust me i want it fixed just like you guys.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Clyde this whole thread will be going to upper management, trust me i want it fixed just like you guys.
Just to make this a little more clear, management is fully aware of the issue long before i send them this thread.