The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
no moa

Re: cpp frustrations

All good info to know.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Jeff,

Im glad you are forwarding this information up....so with that information, they choose to do little or nothing to make things better? or is it because of the fact the phones are ringing off the wall that they dont HAVE to do anything?

is it a mindset of , who cares about this customer? there will be others? and others

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Ok first off i want to appologize for these issues, its almost like a broken record. First off we will never be Summit or Jegs as those companies simply take another vendors merchandise of there shelf and ship it, thats a far cry from being a manufacture like CPP. With that said i cannot agree with how bad the lead times are right now. From a salesmans standpoint its tough as i want excatly what you guys want and thats to have the ability to ship all orders in a timely fashion. In some aspects on the driveline it is terrible to give a customer that deep of a lead time but atleast he did not say it would be 2 days and totally mislead you. I can tell you this from a salesmans standpoint CPP must be doing something right as every phone line in the building is lit up like a christmas tree all day long. Seriously guys i am here to help anyway i can, i really hate reading this stuff and wish it would go away permanetly....
Jeff, let me say I never dealt or spoke to personally concerning CPP. I've heard anything but good reports on you. Don't take it personally this is no reflection on you. If CPP had more people like you they would be outstanding!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Orangetonicclicc; 03-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #29
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetonicclicc View Post
Jeff, let me say I never dealt or spoke to personally concerning CPP. I've heard anything but good reports on you. Don't take it personally this is no reflection on you. If CPP had more people like you they would be outstanding!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
I really try CPP is a big part of my life, its something i take presonal and hate reading this stuff, on the other hand alot of you guys i would consider a friend of mine more than just a dude who you call to buy truck parts from.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #30
tech@scottshotrods

I'm going to jump in a little and give a 3rd party perspective as I have worked, retail, manufacture, and manufacture retail in the 12 years I've been in the Industry. The first company I started with was back in 99 I was the 4th employee and grew with the company we went from being 4 guys in a 3000sqft shop to 30 guys and gals in a 25000 sqft shop in a 3 year period of time. During that time we went from being a functional small personable shop to a power house manufacturing, sales, and logistics and let me tell you business was good phones ringing sales, shipping etc. but going from shipping 20 packages a day to 300-500 makes a world of difference. People are human and they make mistakes, obviously those mistakes are going to seem larger then what they are on the forums because we all post the mishaps and not the good deals. That's why most businesses do not look at the amount of mistakes but the percentage of mistakes, you take 1 mistake out of 20-40 shipments it may not seem that bad, but you multiply the shipments by 10 and the errors by 10 it seems like there are more mistakes ( because there are) but it is the same percentage just a larger scale ( hope I'm making sense).
I was the sales manager at my 1st employer and I got to hear it all, I took every issue case by case in good business it is not if there is a mistake but how that mistake is handled which seperates the good from the bad. As I always say I'll always bend over backwards but never forward LOL...
CPP may seem like a large company but in the sceme of things they're a small company trying to supply good products at a resonable price. At the end of the day they're all good guys over there and making a living (no ones getting rich), they're not doing this to get over on any one it doesn't benefit them or you being behind, but to get you the parts you need. I've been on both sides of the counter and understand the frustration and headaches from both parties.
Give Jeff a shot I'm sure he do the best of his abilities will make the situation right. I've been told 2-3 week lead times by some of the best companies in the biz and am ok with that, I would rather have a realistic time frame and recieve it early then a lie and have to call and see where my parts are at.
Last thing I have toured Summit, Jegs, and Motorstate Distributing these Companys are LARGE I'm talking multiple 500,000sqft- 1,000,000 sqft facilities across the US with 24hr sales, shipping and logistics there is no way any one will be able to compete with the ship times on such a vast scale, they are like a machine and to compare CPP to them is not fair..

Last edited by tech@scottshotrods; 03-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #31
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

jon,... Maybe my comparison to Jegs or Summit was not fair.
If Scotts Hot Rods had a part in stock like the OP posted,...

Since last Thursday I have been trying to buy the CPP rear driveline shaft with the slip in it. I have left messages, emails, pm's and nothing. I call every day and wait 10-15 min just to order the part I need. So today the operator gets on while im holding and said she will take a name and number and have someone call me. So someone finally called me back. I give this guy the part I need, hey its in stock!!! Woo hoo things are looking up. Wrong. I give him my card, he takes my address and puts me on hold. "Ok buddy your all set part is in stock so it will ship out in 10-14 business days....." Huh I say it wont take that long to get here from Cali... he said no that the wait time to leave the building!! I said but you have it in stock right.. Yes we do... I asked why so long and he said they are just busy. But I can pay an extra $94 to get it processed today and 3 day air it to me so I can get it Wednesday. HUH.

Would it be acceptable for your company to ship it out 14 days later?

I've had my issues with CPP.
I gave them a second chance also.
I commend CPPJEFF for an outstanding PR job.
I wish CPP the best of luck.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #32
socaljess

x2 glad to see this post
Posted via Mobile Device
socaljess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
jon,... Maybe my comparison to Jegs or Summit was not fair.
If Scotts Hot Rods had a part in stock like the OP posted,...

Since last Thursday I have been trying to buy the CPP rear driveline shaft with the slip in it. I have left messages, emails, pm's and nothing. I call every day and wait 10-15 min just to order the part I need. So today the operator gets on while im holding and said she will take a name and number and have someone call me. So someone finally called me back. I give this guy the part I need, hey its in stock!!! Woo hoo things are looking up. Wrong. I give him my card, he takes my address and puts me on hold. "Ok buddy your all set part is in stock so it will ship out in 10-14 business days....." Huh I say it wont take that long to get here from Cali... he said no that the wait time to leave the building!! I said but you have it in stock right.. Yes we do... I asked why so long and he said they are just busy. But I can pay an extra $94 to get it processed today and 3 day air it to me so I can get it Wednesday. HUH.

Would it be acceptable for your company to ship it out 14 days later?

I've had my issues with CPP.
I gave them a second chance also.
I commend CPPJEFF for an outstanding PR job.
I wish CPP the best of luck.
Again different scale we are 10 employees in 12000sqft building full turnkey projects, chassis and parts. we have it instock I personally will pack and ship the product we ship typically 20-30 packages a day ranging from full chassis to single air bags, but by comparison I would say my first employer was the closest to size and volume and we had similar issues due to growing pains.
We are in a unique businees where unfortunately most of the business owners have to learn by trial and error because not only do they have to manufacture, sale and ship parts they also have to project the trends and stay ahead of the game which no school can teach you that...
I am not benefitting from my post like I said I just understand Jeffs headaches and the buyers frustration...
All I'm saying is give jeff personally a chance and I know he'll do the best of his ability to make it right

Last edited by tech@scottshotrods; 03-10-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #34
no moa

I think we all have that gotta have it now idea, and my feeling is if I'm going to spend some good coin on a part I expect it same day, but its always a waiting game. In my business I have 3 employees, and it takes a week or 2 to turn the projects around. And it is more frustrating being the business owner than the buyer, it's very hard with 3 people trying to get stuff done.
And someone said it was a week or so before the card was charged, that's a good thing, at least they are getting your parts ready before they charge you. I guess it all boils down to patience. For buying I have 0.
Kudos to jeff for speaking up.
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
I think we all have that gotta have it now idea, and my feeling is if I'm going to spend some good coin on a part I expect it same day, but its always a waiting game. In my business I have 3 employees, and it takes a week or 2 to turn the projects around. And it is more frustrating being the business owner than the buyer, it's very hard with 3 people trying to get stuff done.
And someone said it was a week or so before the card was charged, that's a good thing, at least they are getting your parts ready before they charge you. I guess it all boils down to patience. For buying I have 0.
Kudos to jeff for speaking up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Funny I just had this conversation literally half hour ago with a friend about the gotta have it now, we've been spoiled theory, I know I'm guilty of it LOL I next day and 3 day every thing I order because i'm impatient as all heck.... good points

Last edited by tech@scottshotrods; 03-10-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
no moa

Ya me to, i always pay the extra to get it now. I'm such a pita. We are a spoiled society thats for sure.

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #37
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Maybe Cpp needs to hire more people then!!!

as far as Scotts..Justin would F'n FLIP if there was something sitting on the shelf and someone needed it and it wasn't shipped!!!

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #38
pockets

I'm going to throw my .02 here just because I've worked for an online retailer on the development side so I've seen how the electronic process side of it works.

From what I've read on this thread, it seems like there is a lack of information flow between the manufacturing/warehouse and the sales side. Where I worked the site's inventory was real time, and orders were picked off the shelf within minutes of an order being placed and everything shipped the same day (no it wasn't automotive related unfortunately). What most customers did not know was that even if they called in to place an order, the customer service reps used the same site the customer would have. yep, everything went through the site. That way there was no confusion or errors in inventory, credit card billing was automated and all that good stuff.

Granted, we didn't manufacture anything, nor did we have a warehouse like Summit or Jeg's in size. Given the manufacturing aspect I would still think you have some idea of completion and can inform the sales side.

Having said that, having a part in stock and telling a customer there is a 14 day lead is just baffling. The fact that even being offered a faster ship date for another $90 seems almost shoddy to me. As a customer that tells me you can ship it but won't unless I pay even more. If that happened to me I would never order again. I would rather pay a bit more for excellent customer service than go through something like that.

Ultimately it isn't anyone's fault at CPP but the president/CEO, as long as they are being notified of the problem that is, and sounds like Jeff is doing that. Hope things turn around.

BTW Jeff, if you guys ever want a site like that, let me know I can make it happen
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #39
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

The fact that even being offered a faster ship date for another $90 seems almost shoddy to me. As a customer that tells me you can ship it but won't unless I pay even more.

I am kind of confused to ask a guy for $90.00 would have to be for somekind of air freight in which UPS or FEDEX would be making $90.00 not CPP.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #40
pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
Funny I just had this conversation literally half hour ago with a friend about the gotta have it now, we've been spoiled theory, I know I'm guilty of it LOL I next day and 3 day every thing I order because i'm impatient as all heck.... good points
Where I worked previously everything was shipped overnight. it wasn't uncommon for people to order things at 4 or 5pm and get them the next morning. The company didn't compete on price either. They were higher than most any other competitor, but they had a 75% customer retention rate because of service alone.

Matter of fact, every single new employee, regardless of what department they work in, goes through customer service training and spends 40 hours on the phone as a customer service rep. it really changes your mindset.

I never would have thought it possible myself, but people really will pay for good service.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #41
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
Maybe Cpp needs to hire more people then!!!

as far as Scotts..Justin would F'n FLIP if there was something sitting on the shelf and someone needed it and it wasn't shipped!!!
After I posted this I got to thinking......ut oh !

first
no disrespect to Jeff @ Cpp has gone way beyond what his job should be and has taken care of alot of issues

Second
Shame on US it seems that I read about more bad deals with CPP (thats what got me thinking) than any other place.....it seems that they never have the right parts or there on backorder or the wrong parts are being shipped???

So why do we keep buying from them?? I know I need a set of tie rod converters to put the disc brake convertion on my truck and I'm going to have to get them from CPP because I havn't found them anyplace else yet??? (HELP JUSTIN!!) if its a matter of a few $$$ then I have to go someplace else just because I know I'll get them and the support I need/want.

if there phones are ringing off the wall then they need to step up!! unfortunatly help is cheap to get with todays economy!!It seems like they want the phone to slow down?? so they can keep up and we are the only ones paying the price??

I know a company that I have worked with who even called me to help another one of their customers who was local to me, I was happy to help the guy with his front end and make sure that company looks good why because they help/bailed me out on alot of other odd ball projects end result another Happy Customer, a chance for me to give back and help another Hot Rodder out

OK RANT OVER

but I feel the wrist slap and flaming coming but its all good!

Last edited by Hottrucks; 03-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #42
pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
The fact that even being offered a faster ship date for another $90 seems almost shoddy to me. As a customer that tells me you can ship it but won't unless I pay even more.

I am kind of confused to ask a guy for $90.00 would have to be for somekind of air freight in which UPS or FEDEX would be making $90.00 not CPP.
I would agree that if the $94 was just for the 3day shipment that would be entirely different, but the OP said

Quote:
But I can pay an extra $94 to get it processed today and 3 day air it to me so I can get it Wednesday
The "process today" is the catch here, as opposed to being processed in 10-14 days.

Quote:
"Ok buddy your all set part is in stock so it will ship out in 10-14 business days..."
which says "we are going to hold it for two weeks and then ship it". Granted it could all have been the way things were phrased.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #43
pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
After I posted this I got to thinking......ut oh !

first
no disrespect to Jeff @ Cpp has gone way beyond what his job should be and has taken care of alot of issues

Second
Shame on US it seems that I read about more bad deals with CPP (thats what got me thinking) than any other place.....it seems that they never have the right parts or there on backorder or the wrong parts are being shipped???

So why do we keep buying from them?? I know I need a set of tie rod converters to put the disc brake convertion on my truck and I'm going to have to get them from CPP because I havn't found them anyplace else yet??? (HELP JUSTIN!!) if its a matter of a few $$$ then I have to go someplace else just because I know I'll get them and the support I need/want.

if there phones are ringing off the wall then they need to step up!! unfortunatly help is cheap to get with todays economy!!It seems like they want the phone to slow down?? so they can keep up and we are the only ones paying the price??

OK RANT OVER

but I feel the wrist slap and flaming coming but its all good!
If it is warehouse help they need, that would be relatively cheap. If it is manufacturing, that is a whole 'nother ball game. Everything from not enough equipment (casting, cnc, bending, etc) to not enough welders/fabricators/etc.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #44
pockets

On a slightly related note, I always cringe when I see some comment about a vendor that says "Call so-and-so, he'll hook you up". It's sad that you have to know somebody to get anything done. On a lighter side, perhaps Jeff deserves a raise
Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #45
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
If it is warehouse help they need, that would be relatively cheap. If it is manufacturing, that is a whole 'nother ball game. Everything from not enough equipment (casting, cnc, bending, etc) to not enough welders/fabricators/etc.
Then its a stocking issue I mean come on we all know trailing arms are a moving item any truck north of the mason dixom line needs them??

I'm sure others have them on the shelf???
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Good help is hard to find in times before and in times now, as well is good help isn't cheap. CPP in a whole has a good thing going but it seems they are going through those awkward teen years where you intend to do the right thing but but havent aquired the natural relfexes yet to run smoothly which is common with every new growing business. I agree a 14 day lead time before shipping is excessive, it may have been a new employee, an employee that was mis informed, a mis comunication between retailer and consumer there's always 3 sides so I tend to be as un bias as possible in these situations... All I know is Jeff and crew are good people I'm sure once they work out there inventory, accounting system what ever the case may be which good inventory/ accounting software is not cheap 50-100k for some that may not know it's not always affordable at that immediate time fore a company to invest especially in times like these where every free dollar is one you want to keep... These are all things to keep in mind, mind you not every one is out there to yank that washington out of your hand , so keep an open mind and an open line of communication this goes for both parties...
I know when ever I purchase something I make darn sure that it can and will ship with in the time frame given if it's not I will look else were this should be the consumers responsibility, if it can't ship in a timely maner look some where else and just chalk the experiance up with hey I'll check next time and move on. I can't tell you how many times while working at air ride customers would call screaming yealling only to realize we weren't the company they order through or even the brand.. All I am stating is we as people tend to jump gun first think later, I am not judging since I am the prime example I always speak first insert foot in mouth later ( I'm working on that)..
Old 03-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #47
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
On a slightly related note, I always cringe when I see some comment about a vendor that says "Call so-and-so, he'll hook you up". It's sad that you have to know somebody to get anything done. On a lighter side, perhaps Jeff deserves a raise
I'm a vendor manufacture and have been at it along time, when I tell some one to call a specific rep, it is for the sole purpose I know it will get handled because I have a good repor with said rep, unfortunately going back to my last post "good help is hard to find" this is extremely true in our industry and I can count on the rep I reffered you to and not a temporary check collector.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #48
pockets

50-100k huh? hmm... i'll build you one in exchange for your red shop truck

I can built complete ecommerce sites, completely custom, with inventory control for far, far, far less.

you make a good point about the rep. It is one thing if you have a good relationship with a given rep, another if only one or two can get anything done or expedite something. And yes, good help is certainly hard to find

Last edited by pockets; 03-10-2011 at 05:47 PM.
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #49
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
I know when ever I purchase something I make darn sure that it can and will ship with in the time frame given if it's not I will look else were this should be the consumers responsibility, if it can't ship in a timely maner look some where else and just chalk the experiance up with hey I'll check next time and move on.
that probably why you work where you do goo managment hires good people
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #50
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
50-100k huh? hmm... i'll build you one in exchange for your red shop truck

I can built complete ecommerce sites, completely custom, with inventory control for far, far, far less.

you make a good point about the rep. It is one thing if you have a good relationship with a given rep, another if only one or two can get anything done or expedite something. And yes, good help is certainly hard to find
we sold that truck long ago for far more and even then it was still at a loss I will keep you in mind though when convercing with others on building the sites.