The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #51
pockets

Re: cpp frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
we sold that truck long ago for far more and even then it was still at a loss I will keep you in mind though when convercing with others on building the sites.
I'm not surprised. that was quite a build. Appreciate it
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #52
jmedero

Look all I am saying is that in this economy this is bad practice. I own and opperate a business that is a "luxury" business. In a market that people are loosing houses, jobs, cars and their life savings I have people paying me good money to detail and care for their cars, boats and planes.
This hobby we are all part of is just that a "luxury". If I could not pay my bills then I can tell you whats the first thing I am cutting off.... thats right the car hobby. I have a 73 Nova, 56 Ford Fairlane, 68 Suburban and I just sold my 66. I am no stranger to spending money on cars. This is not a case of me "wanting something for nothing" or "I dont want to wait, I want it now!" Not at all. I just dont think its right when your selling a Luxury item to say I have it but I cant send it to you because we are too busy. I am not a unreasonable person, I have clients that want their stuff detailed NOW! I know how it feels to be on the other side of the phone when someone is telling me if you cant handle it ill go else were. If this continues to happen then I have an issue on my end. I need to be able to keep up with the demand of the people that feed me and my family. Just my opinion.
I have gotten stuff from CPP via Jeff and hes a cool dude. This in no way was a bash on him. Thats not my style.

Juan
...oh and Justin I think you would blow a gasket if it was sitting on the shelf and someone wanted it!! Thats a good thing, wish you had the drive shaft that I need. LOL

Last edited by jmedero; 03-10-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: freaking spelling.... one of my weak spots.. LOL
jmedero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #53
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedero View Post
Look all I am saying is that in this economy this is bad practice. I own and opperate a business that is a "luxury" business. In a market that people are loosing houses, jobs, cars and their life savings I have people paying me good money to detail and care for their cars, boats and planes.
This hobby we are all part of is just that a "luxury". If I could not pay my bills then I can tell you whats the first thing I am cutting off.... thats right the car hobby. I have a 73 Nova, 56 Ford Fairlane, 68 Suburban and I just sold my 66. I am no stranger to spending money on cars. This is not a case of me "wanting something for nothing" or "I dont want to wait, I want it now!" Not at all. I just dont think its right when your selling a Luxury item to say I have it but I cant send it to you because we are too busy. I am not a unreasonable person, I have clients that want their stuff detailed NOW! I know how it feels to be on the other side of the phone when someone is telling me if you cant handle it ill go else were. If this continues to happen then I have an issue on my end. I need to be able to keep up with the demand of the people that feed me and my family. Just my opinion.
I have gotten stuff from CPP via Jeff and hes a cool dude. This in no way was a bash on him. Thats not my style.

Juan
...oh and Justin I think you would blow a gasket if it was sitting on the shelf and someone wanted it!! Thats a good thing, wish you had the drive shaft that I need. LOL
what came of the issues you were having with the parts we discussed I know you weren't very happy? you ever make a desision on the cross member?
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #54
tino

hi jeff can i give me a price for this I would use 2.5" drop spindles.
If they aren't low enough add drop coils, or trim the stock coils.

Rear:
5" drop coil spring
Rear shock relocators
Adjustable track bar
Drop shocks.

thank you
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #55
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Tino, I would suggest private messaging or calling Jeff with your question.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #56
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Tino, I would suggest private messaging or calling Jeff with your question.
Guys seriously whatever you need just call me or e-mail me at jeff@classicperform.com I will always fix you guys up anyway i can.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #57
charx2

Ordered parnhard from CPP and step notch from SD(QAR) and neither have yet to ship. Ordered them on 03/04/11. I don't know, call me crazy, but something seems wrong when it's 10 days later and the items still haven't shipped, and they were in stock too! Jeff, I do applaud you, you seem like a good guy who cares, I wish CPP had more like you!
charx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #58
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by charx2 View Post
Ordered parnhard from CPP and step notch from SD(QAR) and neither have yet to ship. Ordered them on 03/04/11. I don't know, call me crazy, but something seems wrong when it's 10 days later and the items still haven't shipped, and they were in stock too! Jeff, I do applaud you, you seem like a good guy who cares, I wish CPP had more like you!
After going to the CPP's open house this week I better understand the operation. Jeff and Jim gave us a personal tour and explained it all in detail, and Let me tell you for as small of an operation as they are you would swear they where 10 times the size. Even though a few may be affected they are shipping 400-600 packages daily and have on average 30 RMAs a week between warranty, mis ships, parts exchange etc. which is damn impressive! They have a lot of goodies in the machine shop which I wish I had access to one of which was there 3d printer... They explained even with 60 employees they are 10-12 days behind and I can believe it! they are now having shipping coming in on weekends to try and make a dent in the back log... bear with them guys...
As for QAR I know it is a 3-5 man operation and jason builds every thing personally there are guys on the S-10 forum that have been waiting on parts since August so 10-15 days isn't bad
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #59
tech@scottshotrods

You mis read my post they are backed up due to an increase in business they are now working over time to address this and Jim had mentioned they are looking for a few extra qualified bodies. as for QAR nope no sick fab, just their standard on the shelf product that they are backed up on standard s-10 a arms.... I find it funny that it is okay for one company to be backed up and another not?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #60
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
You mis read my post they are backed up due to an increase in business they are now working over time to address this and Jim had mentioned they are looking for a few extra qualified bodies. as for QAR nope no sick fab, just their standard on the shelf product that they are backed up on standard s-10 a arms.... I find it funny that it is okay for one company to be backed up and another not?
They should have been working OT all along to keep up instead of digging themselves into a 2 week hole. Sorry, no excuse for that. #1 priority is to service the customer.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #61
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

If your are not involved in a deal with CPP at the moment , Do not muddy up the thread with extra posts
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #62
jmedero

I am a reasonable person. I like there products alot. Hell my nova has a full front and rear disc from them, burb has Cpp goodies on it as well. My issue was taking 5 days to get a hold of someone, then the delay of processing. It was just not ok to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #63
charx2

I'm with jmedero, I am reasonable and very easy to please. I don't expect people or companies to kiss my ass because I'm buying from them. What I do expect is if something is on the shelf, then it should be shipped out in about 3-4 days max. If you can't meet that, then you need to expand your operation. This hasn't become a issue overnight either. As for QAR, they also have my part on the shelf, I have called and spoke with both companies to see when they would ship. What's right is right. I go to school full time, work full time, and take care of my family, needless to say, my time is precious. I ordered these parts with what I thought was plenty of time until spring break. Figured I would get them and have my spring break to work on the truck after I get off of work everyday. Surprise surprise, no parts during my only free time until the summer. Needless to say I'm not happy, and I will only use these 2 companies as last resorts from here on out.
Posted via Mobile Device
charx2 is offline   Reply With Quote