The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
thepenguin99

American Classic Truck Parts - Avoid these guys

I recently was shopping around for door and vent glass for my 53 burb. American Classic Truck Parts had the best prices I could find on the parts. That said, their website was so archaic that it couldn't give me a correct shipping quote before ordering. Quite frankly I should have stopped there and shopped elsewhere. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered. After I submitted the order, the website said I would be contacted to approve the shipping amount before anything was shipped out. This relieved my fears of being raped on shipping somewhat. The next day I check my email and have a tracking number without ever talking to or getting an email from these people. Turns out they called and left a message with the $43 shipping quote while I was out then decided that my answering machine meant I approved that amount.

At this point I was annoyed so I called them about the shipping. The person I talked to asked "What do you think would have been reasonable shipping?". I told him I had gotten quotes from LMC and elsewhere that were less than $30. He proceeds to cop an attitude at this point and says, in a rather nasty tone, "Well how much were they charging for the parts?". I told him that they were a bit more expensive on the parts but that doesn't mean I expected to be raped on shipping just because the parts were cheaper.

I guess the point is, all of this would have been fine had they:
A: Waited for approval of shipping quotes like they said they would.
B: Simply apologized over the phone and I would have kept the order and not been typing this post.

At the end of the day it was $10-15 which isn't an issue to me. It was the complete lack of courtesy on the phone and the failure to follow through with what they said they were going to do that was enough for me to threaten to deny the package and issue a chargeback. Some people may read this and think I was being unreasonable which is fine, everyone is welcome to their opinion. That said, I will never be buying anything from this place again. If I have to pay more for a company who can give a shipping quote before actually shipping the order and follow through with what they say, so be it.

Last edited by thepenguin99; 03-14-2011 at 02:03 PM.
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: American Classic Truck Parts - Avoid these guys

Seems like they missed and chance of return business huh? I use Classic Parts of America and have for over 20 years, never have I had a problem other than a few delays for BO parts, but they call me and ask/tell me.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
abigaillozano
Account Suspended

Re: American Classic Truck Parts - Avoid these guys

That is particularly bad after sales service! Online selling especially here is one of the most convenient ways to buy things especially if you don't have the time. I agree they should have been nicer and more forthcoming with their delivery charges instead of just informing you after the purchase. That's why the saying "when it's too good to be true, it probably is" works for your case. So what happened to your purchase?