The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
70cst

ECE Service Rocks!

In today’s business world it is easy to read about poor quality parts and service that doesn’t exists. So let me change that trend.

Last July. 2010 I called ECE looking for a set of BB front springs. I was in need of a set "fast" so my body shop could have the Circuit Rider (70 BB C10) ready for the Vintage Tuck meet the first week of Aug. Stan was the man I spoke to but he was out of springs so he said he would look around. (It seemed most places were out of these particular springs at this time) Stan called back and said he found a set and would ship then directly to my body shop. ECE did as they promised and soon the springs arrived and were installed and the Circuit Rider made it to the show.

Fast forward… I was never comfortable with the ride of the truck or the way it handled. It just didn’t feel right. So I called fine69 and had the Circuit Rider hauled to the business where he works. Mike discovered that the springs were not setting correctly and he could not get the springs to seat properly so he pulled them out.

The Verdict…
I was shipped the wrong springs. Now what? I called ECE and spoke to Stan. He said if the wrong springs were shipped he would make things right because ECE stands behind thier products. Now let’s remember-these BB springs were shipped last July. Mike ordered a new set of BB springs and yes indeed the new springs were different than the springs that I received last July.

The Service…
I shipped the springs back to Stan and he called me back and he said yes-these indeed were the wrong springs. End result Stan gave me a refund that will be used in the form of a Gift Certificate for the Mid Ohio Mini Meet in Aug.

Expectations…
I called Stan initially to ask questions and to inform him of my potential spring issues realizing that these springs were installed in my truck for nine months. Stan was interested in my problems and making things right. I am well satisfied with ECE’s response and highly recommend them.

We all make mistakes…
The important part is how we respond to our mistakes.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Re: ECE Service Rocks!

Good stuff! I've always had pleasant experiences with them too. There are very few businesses left today that have this level of customer service. Most people would have told you "too bad" (to put it nicely), especially because of the amount of time that had passed.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote