The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
sams60gmc

******************* poor service

I just wanted to write a post up here to share my buying experience with suicide doors or quality air ride, and being they did nothing to help me out I have no regrets of posting this. First off this is the kit I ordered.
http://*******************/air-manage...-5-gallon-tank
- first off, there is no way everything in that kit equals 650 dollars, after I installed it all I was really scratching my head at where my money went.
- second off it took me 9 business days to even get a tracking number when they say when your card gets charged its been shipped and you should receive a tracking number, 9 days to get the number only to know it was being delivered the next business day. I'm sorry but when I throw that much coin out I want to know where my stuff is.
- third I went to start putting everything together, and quickly noticed that everywhere there should have been a 1/2 to 3/8 NPT bushing they sent me a 3/8 to 1/4 NPT bushing, even the street T that they sent me was wrong, I only used a couple of the fittings supplied. I quickly emailed Ricky when I noticed this and told him I was very un happy with both the company's customer service as well as the product. I never heard back.
So restless to get this thing done I had to get all of the fittings I was supposed on my own.
- Almost a week later I emailed Ricky again saying this is what I mean when I said poor customer service because I still hadn't heard back from him and told him about all the fittings that I had to get to complete the KIT.
He did nothing to make this situation better, didn't offer to exchange my fittings, he said nothing.

Anyways just wanted to share my experience with this company, again I woulnd't have done this if I had just heard back from them and they had done something to make it better.

Next time I will assemble my own kit and save money, I thought that was the idea of a kit anyways was to save money.
Thanks for reading my rant.

Sam

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: ******************* poor service

I know there website recently went thru a server change.
Did you ever try to call them?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
sams60gmc

I was emailing Ricky every other day about my order til I had a problem.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Ricky@QAR

Sam, I am very sorry for the trouble you have had. After the 1st email I contacted AirLift (that's where the kit is drop shipped from) & was told it would be taken care of. I have not received any other emails from you & assumed it was. My mistake there, I apologize. I get about 100-150 emails a day & most are spam & get deleted automatically & some end up not being spam.

If you will call me, I will be more than happy tyo refund the price of the fittings you had to buy.
Ricky@QAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
sams60gmc

Ricky thank you very much. I agree that it may be my daily trying to contact thru email but just thought that after I had talked tingly a few times that was a pretty good way to get ahold of you. I'll get a total of the fittings I ordered and talk to you tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Mods can close this topic as a agreement was made.

Sam
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
truckzilla

I just tried to order some sheetmetal fillers that their website shows and Ricky told me that they weren't carrying those anymore. I think that maybe they are going to more focus on suspension items. I didn't have any problems ordering from them when they were just Thorbecke Brothers. Thats who I got my massive 4 link set-up from and the watts link that they had last year.
As far as wondering where the money went, I found that out by ordering from Airbagit.
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote