The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #26
99RegalGS

Re: Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts

I had the same issue with the Swap kit I bought from them. They sent me the 3" forward mount brackets. The oil pan on my LM7 hit the cross member and the headers from the kit hit the mount perches. After calling and sending them pictures of the problem I was sent the 1.25" forward mount brackets and everything worked fine then.

One thing I noticed from the pictures of the brackets mounted on the engine. Those look like the mount brackets I have except you have the left bracket on the right and the right bracket on the left side of the engine. The motor mount needs to be on the forward side of the bracket. Your A/C compressor bracket may be in the way though...
99RegalGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Guys the new mounts part # (6372MP-SM) have about 1-1/4" more clearence than the old mounts (6372MP-T). The new mounts are made entirely from sheet metal. The old mounts are made from tube and sheet metal.

The new style mounts also feature slotted holes where the rubber mounts attach. This is very similar to the slots GM used with their mounts, the slot makes the installation of the engine much easier.

You guys feel free to call me at 888-522-8303 ext 118.
Attached Images

CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
BigRed76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Guys the new mounts part # (6372MP-SM) have about 1-1/4" more clearence than the old mounts (6372MP-T). The new mounts are made entirely from sheet metal. The old mounts are made from tube and sheet metal.

The new style mounts also feature slotted holes where the rubber mounts attach. This is very similar to the slots GM used with their mounts, the slot makes the installation of the engine much easier.

You guys feel free to call me at 888-522-8303 ext 118.
I like the looks of those
Posted via Mobile Device

1970 Chevrolet Custom Camper K20
1971 GMC Super K2500, 12V/NV4500 swap in progress
1971 Chevrolet Custom C10
1972 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe C20, 5.3/4L60E
1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 455/TH400, 3.73 posi
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD, LB7/Allison, CCSB
2005 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.3/4L60E, CCSB

BigRed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #29
Jfarns03

Sick now I have to return mine so I can get a set at ECE. Honestly why couldn't you guys at CPP just put a disclaimer in small print "hey your going to have to buy another grand of stuff for your engine to fit these perches in your 67-72 truck." Would have been alot easier and I wouldn't have bought these things. I'm over it. CPP you lost my business. Hotchkis and ECE is where I'm going for suspension !
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...43#post6129043
Jfarns03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #30
67 chevelle

Jfarns be thankful I was your gunipig , at least you wont have to go thru what I am now , makeing custom headers that is , I figure this is costing me about 500 bucks and 10 12 hours of fab time , my time , plus the restocking fees , for the mounts I had to buy because of cpps mistake . I think its great noone mentioned the new mounts when i called cpp , TWICE , that would have saved me all this .

Great customer service there CPP JEFF , no mudslinging here , just the facts , you guys realy screwed me , if you want to make it right talk to jerad , and pm me , ill be sure to update my experiances with the company

Last edited by 67 chevelle; 06-29-2013 at 02:14 PM.
67 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #31
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Another grand worth of parts?????????????? WTH? Seriously guys stuff in the industry changes daily. We sold those other mounts for 5 plus years. Here is another pic. The vendors you are comparing us to are not even on our level but you gotta do what you gotta do. You guys can call me direct i cannot believe i posted these and you guys are mad, certainly not the motive behind making these. I have pics of the other mounts working on lots of applications, not sure how anyone was "ripped off"
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Jfarns03

Thumbs down Re: Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts

Not sure how anyone was ripped off? Are you serious? I'm pissed! Now I have to go out and buy these new mounts for whatever they cost because the hex bolts that the motor mounts use is stripped.Now when i return these crap silver tublar mounts ill get charged a restocking fee. If I wanted to use them i'll have to go out and buy a new set of headers, have them custom fit and installed. You sir are unbelievable. Why should we be happy about these new mounts? Everyone who purchased the older mounts are/were screwed. I would've been content on buying F-body headers and installing those but even those won't work. Whatever. I'm driving down there on my time Tuesday to get the new mounts and return the old ones. I'm over all of this nonsense with this company.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 06-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
Lee H

There have been hundreds of LS installs using this vendors products without all these crocodile tears. All this flaming without knowing all the facts or communicating with the vendor in a constructive way, really?

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #34
Sillyoldman

Moved to vendor reviews.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Sillyoldman; 06-29-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #35
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
Moved to vendor reviews.
Thanks

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
Jfarns03

Like it was said earlier, why something so simple cause so many problems? I would have had no problem with these mounts themselves if i was building up this motor but i'm not. I never once planned to go further than stock with this engine setup and when i have a good looking product and a company with a good rep i expect it to be as simple as can be. To be completely honest it was the exact opposite. This has just been a complete waste of time and now since im so lucky to live an hour or so away i can return the product and get the improved design. From the experience with this company CPP i will not deal with them again. I want proven products and now from the research ive done there are many different varieties of modern motor swap kits/parts for the 67-72 series trucks. Im over the situation with CPP and im going elsewhere for my needs.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #37
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Guys i would like to take a moment and back up and address something that i am 100% guilty of. On Saturday i was rushing to get this new proto-type put up under this topic before i went home and i honestly never even read the thread. With that said i did not even realize this new idea was just a proto-type that was simply created to try to address the issues that were brought up in this topic by the members. I would like to elaborate these mounts are not in stock to order but are in the makings. With that said i would also like to say CPP is super fair whenever possible and so to you guys with the first set of mounts that have ran into issues i would like to offer a discounted price to help you move forward in finishing your projects. Guys feel free to contact me direct at 888-522-8303 ex 118 if you guys need any assistance. Thanks Again and sorry for the confusion i created.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
67 chevelle

That is appreciated by myself , good to know that you care .
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 chevelle View Post
That is appreciated by myself , good to know that you care .
Thanks my man, i appreciate that!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
BigRed76

Quote:
Guys i would like to take a moment and back up and address something that i am 100% guilty of. On Saturday i was rushing to get this new proto-type put up under this topic before i went home and i honestly never even read the thread. With that said i did not even realize this new idea was just a proto-type that was simply created to try to address the issues that were brought up in this topic by the members. I would like to elaborate these mounts are not in stock to order but are in the makings. With that said i would also like to say CPP is super fair whenever possible and so to you guys with the first set of mounts that have ran into issues i would like to offer a discounted price to help you move forward in finishing your projects. Guys feel free to contact me direct at 888-522-8303 ex 118 if you guys need any assistance. Thanks Again and sorry for the confusion i created.
Do you have an estimated time of when these new mounts will be available?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #41
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Ok guys here is the skinny i will have 8 sets available next week. Guys i want to be crystal clear in saying we made these mounts to try and help members with some fit issues and i will not guarantee fit on every application as there is no way to guarantee this when putting anything aftermarket on a classic vehicle. Also on that topic i will say that if you have a set of new tubular mounts and want to exchange them i will do that. (MUST BE NEW RESELLABLE CONDITION). Also guys over the years i collected some data on headers that seem to work well for customers and they are as follows.
Hedman 69646
Hedman 69096
Doug Thorley 3004

Guys the new sheet metal mounts are made with no room for improvements we got an additional 1 1/4" clearence.

Also i worked with Doug Thorley direct and they made headers for the LS motors that work with our tubulars and would might even work better with the sheet metal mounts. The part # is THY-323Y-C
Hope this info helps!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #42
67 chevelle

wow 700 for those headers , ill have less in the hole exhaust , I feel slightly better , glad I can weld , got the passengers side done , drivers is next Ill try to remember to post some pics hopefully the new mounts work with stock manifolds , ill bet they do if you are getting over an inch more clearance , looked to be about 3/4 of an inch interference to me
Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #43
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
wow 700 for those headers , ill have less in the hole exhaust , I feel slightly better , glad I can weld , got the passengers side done , drivers is next Ill try to remember to post some pics hopefully the new mounts work with stock manifolds , ill bet they do if you are getting over an inch more clearance , looked to be about 3/4 of an inch interference to me
Yeah bro post some pics and we will see how it turns out. Thanks for chiming in i appreciate all the feedback!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #44
67 chevelle

I got drivers done today , they need painted , come with low temp paint ?

Im going to strip them and use the eastwood silver , Ive had great results with it in the past , its brush on stuff , the puff can stuff is junk .
Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #45
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:

I got drivers done today , they need painted , come with low temp paint ?

Im going to strip them and use the eastwood silver , Ive had great results with it in the past , its brush on stuff , the puff can stuff is junk .
Thanks for posting pics.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #46
BigRed76

Quote:
Ok guys here is the skinny i will have 8 sets available next week. Guys i want to be crystal clear in saying we made these mounts to try and help members with some fit issues and i will not guarantee fit on every application as there is no way to guarantee this when putting anything aftermarket on a classic vehicle. Also on that topic i will say that if you have a set of new tubular mounts and want to exchange them i will do that. (MUST BE NEW RESELLABLE CONDITION). Also guys over the years i collected some data on headers that seem to work well for customers and they are as follows.
Hedman 69646
Hedman 69096
Doug Thorley 3004

Guys the new sheet metal mounts are made with no room for improvements we got an additional 1 1/4" clearence.

Also i worked with Doug Thorley direct and they made headers for the LS motors that work with our tubulars and would might even work better with the sheet metal mounts. The part # is THY-323Y-C
Hope this info helps!!
The 2 hedman part numbers are for sbc, and I didn't find a Doug Thorley part number 3004.

What are the Hooker headers in those pictures you posted a while back?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed76 View Post
The 2 hedman part numbers are for sbc, and I didn't find a Doug Thorley part number 3004.

What are the Hooker headers in those pictures you posted a while back?
Those "THY" part numbers are the current Doug Thorley header numbers and the work really well.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #48
Jfarns03

So I bought those new motor perches and they are simple and well made. I still had to remove my manifolds though. I'm not worried about that part yet because now the oil pan is catching the crossmember. I think these new mounts drop the motor a little bit lower? I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out a solution to to this. I wonder if I can modify the oil pan? Have someone cut and weld it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfarns03 View Post
So I bought those new motor perches and they are simple and well made. I still had to remove my manifolds though. I'm not worried about that part yet because now the oil pan is catching the crossmember. I think these new mounts drop the motor a little bit lower? I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out a solution to to this. I wonder if I can modify the oil pan? Have someone cut and weld it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Right on brutha! Bolt em in and lets all check it out!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #50
Jfarns03

Alright guys i just want everyone to know this was user error, in NO WAY was it CPP's fault. The product was perfect i just pushed it too far. I have another on the way as we speak so i can get this damn motor in!
Attached Images