The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Thumbs down Proformance Powertrain

Poor customer service and I didn't even get my transmission. I'm ticked with these people. So on the 3rd of this month I ordered a Rebuilt TKO-600 for $1845, a slip yoke and bearing. All shipped to my door for $2058. $150 of that towards shipping. I'm told it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks. So fast forward a week and a half I decided to call for tracking info because I like to see what my 2 grand is doing. Call for tracking info and I'm told I'll be called back in a few minutes....few hours goes by and still no call...I call and no one answers so I leave a message in the general box....week end goes by and I call the same guy again and ask him why he didn't call me back and he gets short with me and tells me I need to talk to the guy I ordered the tranny with. So, I call him and ask him what the heck is going on and I want some tracking info and his exact words are "Everything is fine. I'll get you some tracking info. I'll call you back in awhile." Well, fast forward to today and still no tranny so I call and get ahold of a different guy and hammer on him telling him I WANT tracking info and I'm sick and tired of people saying they'll call me back and they don't. Also I explained to him the situation above and before I know it he had managers involved seeing what was going on...FINALLY someone who's DOING a dang thing about this situation. So after waiting for some time I call again and ask kindly whats going on and here I find out "The rebuilt transmission you ordered was NEVER IN STOCK." "Your money was refunded LAST WEEK." WHY THE HECK WAS I NEVER CALLED ABOUT THIS? I spent 2000 with them and they couldn't even take 10 minutes out of an 8 hour day to call and let me know!?! So after trying to hold my temper down I left them with a customer review and they offered to sell me a new one and I turned them down because I can get the same one at the same price from Summit for the same shipping cost and it'll get here faster. So, be careful ordering from these people...I understand mistakes are made, but I'm sorry...they had NO excuse not to at least call me and tell me what was going on. So if you order from these people do not order with Jay extension 102. Order with Paul from sales(he's the guy who cleared up this mess). So anyway...refunded money and have now ordered the tranny from Summit racing. Brand new and will be here in a couple weeks due to the high demand of them. lol Be careful guys and don't be easy on sales people..Always hammer on them until they give you a good tracking number or tell you what the heck is going on.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote