The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Bad deal: Ricks1971

Greyhound GLI # is the tracking number. That's how they track it. I have shipped dozens of large items with Greyhound for many years and never had an issue, They are as reliable as any other means. I just picked up a '68 fender from NM and all they had was the sender's phone#. I didn't realize he had decided to ship that way and only had given my address. They called him and he sent me a PM. This took longer and the fender had been there a couple days. They have funny hours because they close like 9:30am-4:30pm on weekends. I called Monday evening and they said it was there,so I went right up. The guy said once he puts it in the system I have a couple days,then they start charging a couple dollars a day. He hadn't put it in his system yet so I wouldn't get charged. I guess someone could have stolen it and if time passed all I'd have was the clerk's memory to rely on. Usually they call me and I'm there that day. They are a bus line that handles shipping. They save you 1/2 the cost but are less convenient. You have to be on the ball. My depot doesn't have a storage room big enough for large body parts and they sit in the corner of the lobby.

It seems that what is not being understood is Rick said he'll refund you money,but it's the money greyhound gives him and he hasn't gotten that yet.

One thing I know,when you ship a part you need to be diligent on communication. You can't just wait and wait and wait,assuming it'll get here eventually. Use common sense. If a week goes by and nothing,it's time to check it out. The more time you let pass the harder it is for anyone to give proper info,I don't care who you are. It also gives the impression you don't care. I know,you have no less right to what's yours by being slack,but that's kinda (right or wrong) the way it works.You gotta be a squeaky wheel.
I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Looks like everyone losses. I've had situations with E-bay and an item shipped USPS that never showed. The seller could care less and left it all up to me to deal with the post office. It made me realize how much I take for granted sending money off and expecting something to show up every time and how it's a miracle all the times it works. On that case I was S.O.L.,then about 3 months later the thing showed up!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-12-2013 at 12:34 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote