The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2024, 10:02 PM   #1
Loose Screw

Another Fuel Pump Discussion...My Wild Hair Idea

350 Carbureted Frankinmotor:
Gas Tank is still behind the seat until I get it moved...

Right now I got about 6" of metal fuel line from the gas tank stickin out underneth the truck with an Old leaky electric fuel pump hosed clamped on it and that's hosed clamped onto metal fuel line running the inside of the frame to Frankinmotor...

So...I want to Remove the old clamped on rubber fuel line jumper connectors to the old leaky electric fuel pump and the old leaky electric fuel pump and put in new rubber jumper connector fuel line, a Fuel line On/Off Switch, a fuel filter, and a New electric fuel pump. So it will be hose, fuel cut off/on switch, hose, filter, Fuel pump, hose. All of this will be hose clamped onto the metal fuel line running up close to Frankinmotor. Oh! I will have an on/off Electric fuel pump 12 volt switch mounted on the dashboard Because I'm going to run the fuel line from the electric fuel pump into the mechanical fuel pump on the side of the block and then into that 4 barrel AutoZone Edelbrock. I'm thinkin I us the electric fuel pump to prime the mechanical fuel pump and if the often spoked of vapor lock happens I can get by that quick enough by turning the electric pump on for a few seconds then off and just run off the mechanical. I know, I know, I better have an electric Fuel pump when turned off there is a free flow of gas threw it....

I seen a guy on YouTube do this on an old Pontiac.

So, have any of you ever done a contraption like this?
Have any of you ever installed an inline fuel cut off switch, which one you use and where did you get it?
Also what's a fairly dependable decent priced Fuel Pump?

TIA
Loose Screw is online now   Reply With Quote