The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

1972 Medium Blue Highlander Blazer Resto

I really wasn’t looking for a new project. But an email arrived from MT from a trustworthy guy (thanks Scott) describing a Highlander Blazer for sale that I couldn’t pass up.

It’s a St. Louis built Hawaiian (medium) blue Highlander 72 Blazer with the original motor, protect-o-plate, in blue plaid. It’s not a promo pack truck and wasn’t equipped with camper mirrors. Being a St. Louis truck, it’s got a double-wall top. Originally sold new in March 1972 by Harloff Chevrolet in Encinitas, CA and passed through four registered owners prior to myself. The original owner kept it for 18 years.

I’m planning a frame-off restoration back to original with a few minor changes. It will be a slow build. The truck was fairly complete and unmolested with intact dash and solid doors. It's had a repaint and what looks to be a new skin on the LH rear quarter. I’ve been able to collect most of the few missing little pieces (such as the under dash speaker and spare tire holder).

It moves forward under its own power but reverse is gone. It must have been used as a chicken coop for mice in the recent past but the critters didn’t damage much.

Thanks for looking!

Pete
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland

Last edited by DeadheadNM; 05-30-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: punctuation
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote