The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
joehalford01

traction issues with short trailing arms

Hey guys,

I haven't been working on my 63 in a while, it's down to the frame and it's been sitting that way for a few months. I was going to go long and low but now i'm considering bob-tailing it with a small flat bed and only putting air bags in the rear for ajustability. I have a bridge kit i'm going to weld in right behind the cab and mount the rear axle right there. With this I want to shorten the rear trailing arms an equal amount. Besides the traction issue from the standpoint of having no weight back there (at least i can go as wide as i want on the tires ). Will I run into any traction issues or adverse suspension problems from having excessively short trailing arms? My concern is that being so short, they will not be able to travel much before bringing the axle up and down, making it bouncy and uncontrollable under wot. I don't think i will many safety issues with the tired 327 i have but when i pull it later to rebuild or upgrade, then what? Thanks.
joehalford01 is offline   Reply With Quote