The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
RUN GMC

Please Look: 5 vehicles stolen on Power Tour Day 1

Five vehicles where stolen 2 were trucks like ours here please be on the look out for these please.....stolen in Concord/Charlotte area N. Carolina.........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/441493719966189/photos/
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Please Look: 5 vehicles stolen on Power Tour Day 1

Dang that sucks!...sounds like that was planned out beforehand...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:07 PM   #3
In The Ten Ring

Facebook link, verboten website.

Very unsettling. Hope vehicles returned this very moment, intact.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:53 PM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Apparently Charlotte has developed quite an automotive theft ring according to locals. A few disappear during autofair each year as well.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
In The Ten Ring

I used to live in Charlotte 2003 to 2005 and it was bad then! A friend who has lived there most of his life recently told me he was really scared to keep living there and hopes to move away.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

That really sucks, I hope they are recovered quickly.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
Gotenntitans

We had our 1990 GMC Sierra stolen back in April. Still not recovered yet. POS thieves!!!

Good luck to you all in finding your vehicles.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #8
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Was it taken from the autofair in Charlotte?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
shifty
Questionable

Someone who I used to work with is now at a GPS company. I bought one of their car/bike tracking units recently, it's pretty damn awesome, super discrete, smaller than a credit card, very easy install. I am working with him right now on trying to work out a discount for anyone at the forum who may be interested.

I've been using one of the units for the last month or so and it's freaking cool, painless, easy to configure. Pretty economical compared to other units out there, not only tells you if any motion is felt in the vehicle (even detects someone nudging it from outside), but allows you to create zone alerts when it departs a zone.

I planned to make a thread about this soon, as soon as I figure out how they'll handle the discount. Took me 10-15 minutes to install!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #10
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Someone who I used to work with is now at a GPS company. I bought one of their car/bike tracking units recently, it's pretty damn awesome, super discrete, smaller than a credit card, very easy install. I am working with him right now on trying to work out a discount for anyone at the forum who may be interested.

I've been using one of the units for the last month or so and it's freaking cool, painless, easy to configure. Pretty economical compared to other units out there, not only tells you if any motion is felt in the vehicle (even detects someone nudging it from outside), but allows you to create zone alerts when it departs a zone.

I planned to make a thread about this soon, as soon as I figure out how they'll handle the discount. Took me 10-15 minutes to install!
I might be a buyer....does one have to use a smartphone with it?

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 06-11-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #11
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post

We had our 1990 GMC Sierra stolen back in April. Still not recovered yet. POS thieves!!!

Good luck to you all in finding your vehicles.
Was that stolen out of your driveway?
Old 06-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Was that stolen out of your driveway?
No. My dad bought my son a 2010 Silverado Z71 for college and he took the '90 GMC for himself to drive. It was stolen from his house. He is 78 years old and didn't hear anything, but the neighbor said she heard the '90 crank up and leave at 2:05 a.m. when it was being stolen......she said she can't sleep at night and was still awake watching TV. She said she knew that was an odd time for my dad to be leaving his house, but she didn't call to see what was going on. We surely wish she would have called, but we know that you don't just call someone in the middle of the night like that.

We are still hopeful of getting it back. There have been three reported sightings of it in a town about 30 miles away, but nothing definite. Coppers say they are looking and they've got the cops in that town looking for it also.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 06-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #13
Gotenntitans

Quote:

Dad has an '87 GMC that was parked right beside the '90 that got stolen. The thieves know about it.....they were standing right beside it. We would be interested in your gps unit when you get everything figured out.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #14
In The Ten Ring

Ya, a call would have been nice, but catching the guys would have mostly likely come down to the already-awake neighbor noting direction of travel AND a lot of luck that an officer on patrol was on patrol at the right place that night.

Depending on the state and locale, going outside to confront them may be a bad idea, something I'm sure the car thieves appreciate.

Now had she yelled out the window at them or even turned on her porch light, that might have been enough. Turning on a porch light was enough to scare off two separate burglary attempts on my house. (Car was gone). Both times I rewarded that neighbor with a fruit basket.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I might be a buyer....does one have to use a smartphone with it?
Nope - the smartphone app is one of two main ways for normal people to talk to it. They've got a website you can track everything through also, you just may not get all of the alarm/alert functions (not sure). The website is actually more robust and convenient for gathering info.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #16
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Dad has an '87 GMC that was parked right beside the '90 that got stolen. The thieves know about it.....they were standing right beside it. We would be interested in your gps unit when you get everything figured out.
Waiting for him to get back from a work trip to Hungary, something related to the product. Will follow-up as soon as humanly possible, I swear!

Old 06-14-2019, 01:39 PM   #17
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Nope - the smartphone app is one of two main ways for normal people to talk to it. They've got a website you can track everything through also, you just may not get all of the alarm/alert functions (not sure). The website is actually more robust and convenient for gathering info.
Well that is good as I abhor smarphones and will not (as long as I can) own one.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #18
Redneck Rydes

I had my car stolen a few years ago,luckiy I found it my self,even found the guy that stole it,lets say,he will never steal a car again,hope everybody get there vehicles back,don't like thieves.
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
Ironhorse

Seems to be more and more common after a large "hosted" car or truck show. Almost makes one think it was planned in advance, maybe with some help of sorts.

This is the main reason my wife and I have not taken our restored 71 Chevelle SS on an over night trip. Day trips only and ALWAYS parked within sight. Not sure I could sleep knowing the Chevelle is not tucked away at night in MY locked garage. Insurance may pay for the full amount of coverage but that is not much satisfaction for all the time and effort a person puts into a restore.

The roving car show participants on guard could be a good thing. Perhaps another level of security could be: upon registering for the show, showing driver's license, registration and covered insurance card of the vehicle to the show personnel. ALL the vehicles at the "hosting point" would be parked in same general area and 24/7 roving security present at all times. Nothing leaves the premises until the registration info presented at the start of the show matches info on record at the beginning and then the vehicle is allowed to leave.

Hope all these vehicles are recovered in the condition they were at the start of the show. I hate reading these stories like this but it seems more and more common at large "hosted shows" ??????
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote