The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Need a title for a truck? here ya go....

Anyone who has a truck (1974 or older) with no title and who needs a legit title to it, I've got ya covered.
wild one posted to a "title question" thread a while back with a sugestion to try classic car titles in Alabama. Well, I tried them, and it works.
I bought a 70 Camaro a while back with California salvage title. When I went to our VA DMV to transfer it into my name I found out that my state has some very difficult rules for registering a salvage car. Long-story-short, after three trips to DMV, I can't get a Va title. I called California and after two and a half months of sending letters and forms back and forth (after they told me on the phone that I could get a California title) they sent me one last form to have the PO sign and notorize. He has since moved and I can't find him.
But I contacted Classic Car Titles, sent in $150. In less than a week I get all the paperwork (3 pages and a AL registration) in the mail. I take that to our DMV, they look it over real quick, and "Okay, looks good, here's your title."
It worked great. If you're interested, they're website is: www.classicartitle.com link: Classic Car Title

thanks again wild one

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Need a title for a truck? here ya go....

I don`t know if it was these people.But,just recently a friend tryed a place in Alabama and they had a 8-10 week backlog.I figured they were being pressured to delay from sticter states to assure against dirty business.They all do a title search to be sure the vehicle has not been stolen.Yeah,this is where you`ll find out.Anyway,he wants to put this truck up for sale sooner than a couple months,so he located a place in Nevada.So,there are companies there,too.
Thanks for the resource.I`ll see who Tom dealt with.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Yea, I wasn't sure about the title check or about the legalities in general. I just know that this is legally my car, I can prove it. I just want a damn title. I hate to resort to something that seems "shady" but, like I say, it's my car. I don't know why they make it so difficult.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Doesn`t it seem ridiculous that all it takes is a search and a bill of sale proving you bought it,but our staes won`t do that?For any amount of money?Why can one state do it for you,then you bring it back to the state that refused you and everything`s peachy?What a game.At least there is something you can do,though.Just seems like a bunch of hypocritical red-tape BS to me.But what`s new?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
90\87Formula

If I remember correctly, here in Texas you can get a salvage title and the title does say salvage on it. The car can't be stickered/driven though. To get a sticker, you have to show proof that the car was repaired. I also think you have to take the vehicle in to the DMV and have it inspected(but not 100% sure on this part). This is not your yearly state inspection.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
willis0107
67lwb

be glad that you are not in California. My title was lost before i got to the DMV with it. Then after paying 600 in back fees i was told that the previous owner had not transfered the title to his name so now i am in a situation where i have no title but a bill of sale. I'm from Missouri and they told me that I had to have the title to get it licensed there but however if i bought the vehicle in missouri all that i needed was a bill of sale. Go figure
willis0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I guess you bought it in MO now,right?

Tim

Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
willis0107
67lwb

yeah you can say that
willis0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
89 crew

Don't complain too hard about the pita states! If you do they will see to it the others become just as bad as they are! It also depends on who is in the dmv when you go there! Here in Miami Co Ks they were famous for not letting you title a car in less than 3 trips! It was bad enough that the state finally stepped in and removed some of the staff. Now they actually try to be accommodating! But from that time period I still have a messed up title on my 79 caddy. some how they have the title has been put into the non active section at the state even though it has had tags ever since I bought it! Because of the non active I don't get renewal notices, and they have to call Topeka every year to put a current sticker on it.
89 crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
wild one
Registered.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
Anyone who has a truck (1974 or older) with no title and who needs a legit title to it, I've got ya covered.
wild one posted to a "title question" thread a while back with a sugestion to try classic car titles in Alabama. Well, I tried them, and it works.
I bought a 70 Camaro a while back with California salvage title. When I went to our VA DMV to transfer it into my name I found out that my state has some very difficult rules for registering a salvage car. Long-story-short, after three trips to DMV, I can't get a Va title. I called California and after two and a half months of sending letters and forms back and forth (after they told me on the phone that I could get a California title) they sent me one last form to have the PO sign and notorize. He has since moved and I can't find him.
But I contacted Classic Car Titles, sent in $150. In less than a week I get all the paperwork (3 pages and a AL registration) in the mail. I take that to our DMV, they look it over real quick, and "Okay, looks good, here's your title."
It worked great. If you're interested, they're website is: www.classicartitle.com link: Classic Car Title

thanks again wild one
Bill,

Once again, glad to hear that it worked out for you.

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool!

Popcorn:
Pops at exactly 444 degreese
Expands to 44 times it's original size
Has a 4 year shelf life
wild one is offline   Reply With Quote