The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #51
dazza

Re: Load Capacity: Tow Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 72 View Post
Thank you for this information. I will look into that for sure.

I know it's hard to judge people and there motive by just reading a bunch of threads. It's kind of like reading text messages. But I use some of my responses to create a passionate response, but it's just the way I get people to share their perspectives. It's like a round table discussion and sometimes you have to play that devils advocate to get people to talk, and while their talking you're taking notes. And many times people have valuable things to bring to the table, just like your University idea.
That's what I do like about these threads.
Thanks again
You said you create responses based on getting a passionate response and playing the devil's advocate, and so my saying deceit was a bit harsh is incorrect, it was just the wrong word... manipulative is what I was getting at. Regardless of the responses, you are being manipulative.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #52
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
You said you create responses based on getting a passionate response and playing the devil's advocate, and so my saying deceit was a bit harsh is incorrect, it was just the wrong word... manipulative is what I was getting at. Regardless of the responses, you are being manipulative.
Fair enough dazza, I apologize for manipulating anyone into responding to this thread.
Sweet 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #53
WorkinLonghorn

Man, I had no idea that these hooks even existed!

I guess some of you guys need them but in 35 years of HARD use with my '63 on up to current '69 I never needed any hooks. If I pull a stump I do it with the trailer hitch (and everybody stands well clear). Maybe they would be useful in the snow? We don't ever have any of that here.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #54
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn View Post
Man, I had no idea that these hooks even existed!

I guess some of you guys need them but in 35 years of HARD use with my '63 on up to current '69 I never needed any hooks. If I pull a stump I do it with the trailer hitch (and everybody stands well clear). Maybe they would be useful in the snow? We don't ever have any of that here.
Likewise. I've lived in eight different states, over 38 years, ranging from sunny southern Cali, as far north to Alaska, and I may have used mine maybe twice (once was in the snow of Alaska) Personally I took mine off after I was exploring the back country of Sedona, Arizona and scratched the bottoms of them on some red rocks and I repainted them and they've been sitting in the closet since. I always wrap around the frame if I'm really serious about any pulling.

Maybe you could use them to hook some of those rare Opahs that are found every once in awhile down there.
Photo is not of my fish.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sweet 72; 04-08-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Photo disclaimer.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #55
jeffahart

Seems to me if you are in a business that looks to manufacture tow hooks.... then you ought to be directing us to your white papers and educating us on why your tow hooks are superior. I would think this publicity here might be a bit bad for business. What do you think? Think I'll buy from the pros.

That said... I went with Chassis Unlimited 2" Extra Long D-ring/Clevis Mounts. They are $19.99 each. If I mount them on a Caterpillar D10, then they will be dwarfed by the nature of the machinery and likely bend or break. So.... perspective as well. The guys in the Japanese car forums need hooks too! I say this because I also read and remember the original thread you started!

Here, clevis mounts, I like them! Make these, not hooks!
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #56
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Seems to me if you are in a business that looks to manufacture tow hooks.... then you ought to be directing us to your white papers and educating us on why your tow hooks are superior. I would think this publicity here might be a bit bad for business. What do you think? Think I'll buy from the pros.

That said... I went with Chassis Unlimited 2" Extra Long D-ring/Clevis Mounts. They are $19.99 each. If I mount them on a Caterpillar D10, then they will be dwarfed by the nature of the machinery and likely bend or break. So.... perspective as well. The guys in the Japanese car forums need hooks too! I say this because I also read and remember the original thread you started!

Here, clevis mounts, I like them! Make these, not hooks!

Because some of us don't want stuff on our trucks that we not options when the trucks came from the factory.
If that's what you want on your truck that's cool. It's just not what others are looking for when they are placing them shows.
Publicity could be, but you can't get everyone to buy one brand of milk, it's just business and that's how business goes. You can't win them all.
Nice truck.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #57
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 72 View Post
Because some of us don't want stuff on our trucks that we not options when the trucks came from the factory.
If that's what you want on your truck that's cool. It's just not what others are looking for when they are placing them shows.
Publicity could be, but you can't get everyone to buy one brand of milk, it's just business and that's how business goes. You can't win them all.
Nice truck.
Milk... mooo!

If you want to sell milk, will you go on a dairy forum and start asking how to milk a cow. Or will you attempt to enter the market with some authority, and with a call to action for people to buy your stuff.

Thanks for the compliment on my truck. You should bow out of this thread, let it lie. Make your re-entry with a high quality product that you stand behind.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:29 AM   #58
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Milk... mooo!

If you want to sell milk, will you go on a dairy forum and start asking how to milk a cow. Or will you attempt to enter the market with some authority, and with a call to action for people to buy your stuff.

Thanks for the compliment on my truck. You should bow out of this thread, let it lie. Make your re-entry with a high quality product that you stand behind.
No I wouldn't go asking how to milk a cow. I'm very capable of buying and milking the cows. But I would go and inquire about who likes what, 1%, 2%, whole, chocolate... You get the point. Any business minded individual is going to provide what people are drinking/buying.
I'm thirsty now, cheers.