The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
LBJ

FYI - New Lenses All Around '04 Silverado

This is for my 2004 Silverado 1500. Not any ground breaking news here, but thought I'd pass along the replacement of my lenses on my 12 Y.O. truck. The worst problem was in the front on the right headlight and left turn signal lenses. The turn signal lens had broken down to the point there was an ounce or more of standing water inside the lens. The right headlight lens was way obscured. So, rather than try to buff-out or reseal them, I ordered a complete set from Rock Auto. The tail light lenses had become unsealed also, so time to replace them all. I felt she wasn't going to pass the next state inspection anyway, so that justified the cost of total replacement of $206 shipped. These are Taiwan made lenses and are of the highest quality. I really couldn't tell them from the GUIDE brand GM factory jobs. Fit was perfect. Took about an hour to do the whole job. Cost break down for each lens is as follows.

Headlights WITH bulbs Eagle Eye Brand - $29
Tail lights NO bulbs TYC Brand - $58
Turn Signals NO bulbs TYC Brand - $9
Shipping $14.50

Everything considered, I think that's a good deal for brand new lenses.

If you use Rock Auto, be careful on where the items ship from as they have several warehouses. They charge for separate shipments if from two or more locations, so try to buy what they have from one place. Luckily, they had what I needed all from one warehouse in CA. Big box and I felt $14.50 shipping was cheap by today's rates.

Considering the SMALL amount of money I've had to spend on this girl for maintenance or repairs since brand new, $206 is a VERY LIGHT drag on my wallet. This is by far, the best vehicle I have ever owned. Only 81K miles so, when washed and cleaned up and with new lenses, looks very nice for 12 years old.

Right headlights are a mess.

Like Magic!

The worst!

Fixed up.

Tail lights breaking down too.

Like new.

Last edited by LBJ; 03-13-2016 at 12:03 PM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote