The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
jocko

Re: classic car daily driver insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
yes it be nice if normal insurance would cover trucks or any vehicle of age. that has a worth.. like it was a newer truck..
I'd have no issue paying the 1200.oo a year that it cost to insure my sport trac. if when hit they didn't try to say my 71 was only worth 900.oo and use it daily..
the issue is insuring for daily use.. and paying 1000.oo for full coverage , only to have them tell you that sorry we book it at 500.oo sorry..
Agreed. And one of the great things about the forum is that enough folks telling the insurance companies about what they would like to have can result in some changes toward that end, as evidenced by some of the minor improvements folks have mentioned about a potential Grundy stated or agreed (i forget which) value policy for dd's. Many of us would be ok with paying a little more as you mention - and when an insurance company sees $$, their interest might increase. The extra care most folks take with their old vehicles is a risk hedge for insurance companies. In other words, if you could get double the money out of the classic insurance market from truck drivers, and only 10% of them got into accidents... well, it's fuzzy math, but the biz case is there to be analyzed. Or we could just sit back, suck up the status quo, and deal with it and never attempt to fix any problems.

Last edited by jocko; 06-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote