The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
Dleslie212

Seat belts

Going to be buying myself a new set of seat belts for Christmas. I’d like to grab two new three pointers and a lap belt for the middle. Is LMC pretty much the way to go?
Dleslie212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: Seat belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dleslie212 View Post
Going to be buying myself a new set of seat belts for Christmas. I’d like to grab two new three pointers and a lap belt for the middle. Is LMC pretty much the way to go?
No, you will be sorry when you get those. Those seatbelts have the retractor exposed. They do not have the plastic housing that covers the retractor. I had these in my truck for about 4 yrs, until I finally found a nice set of OEM Charcoal belts to put back in my truck. This is a good place to look and where I got mine.

https://www.seatbeltstore.com/product-p/jugmm3p.htm. And I have good things about this place also
https://www.wescoperformance.com/seatbelts.html
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Dleslie212

Seat belts

Dleslie212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
TKCR

Don’t buy those, they do not have a cover over the retractor. I had these in my truck for about 4yrs, until I found a nice set of OEM belts to put back in the truck.
You can get them from here
https://www.seatbeltstore.com/product-p/jugmm3p.htm
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
TKCR

Here’s another place
https://www.wescoperformance.com/seatbelts.html
Old 12-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
TKCR

I knew I posted once about this. Now I see why, you double posted the same question. Thought I was losing my mind
Old 12-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #7
Mattchu60

TKCR - I have the same belts you posted in my truck. Do you find that the "short" side of the belt - the buckle side - is just way too long? I feel it is, the stock buckle side was much shorter than these replacements.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu60 View Post
TKCR - I have the same belts you posted in my truck. Do you find that the "short" side of the belt - the buckle side - is just way too long? I feel it is, the stock buckle side was much shorter than these replacements.
Yeah they were, but they still worked. I know you can get different lengths on that side of the belt. I don’t remember what length I got, when I got these several years ago. And if someone should call before you order, they will make the adjustments. I found this out later. I called them about swapping the buckles, they were originally plastic, and I had them change them to the metal. The guy I talked too said any changes you want made to the belts, they could do that. And I should add, if someone has a sewing machine, that belt could be shortened up very easily.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #9
TKCR

The OEM belts I found, did have an area were the belt was damaged. I just cut that section off and re-sewed it. So the same concept could be used with shortening up the belt.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #10
skyphix

Thanks for this thread! Mine belts are totally thrashed and before I haul the kids too far I want to make sure they're good.

What about the mounting hardware (bolts?) The ones I have a definitely NOT the correct ones as they barely thread into the welded nut on the body.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #11
TKCR

There is a hardware pack that comes with them, or you can purchase separately. If you need some original bolts, I have some.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #12
Pontiac1976

Pry the @90 the bottom under the GM logo with small screw driver and med flat blade till it pops open. Sound like the spring clip pop out place or it broken you can fix the push button get nicer one put back together on the GM seat belts you can replace the webbing them to.
1977 REG cab Long Bed with a 1984 Front Clip, 82 305 .60 over 9.0.1 flat top pistons, 4bbl, TH350, w/84 SS-intake & cam , w/ 1977 big block rad, 1975 gear box, 1984 master w/ metric fittings top & SAE fitting @ portion block, 1975 3.42 gear open diff. Duel 77-87 Factory air cleaner, duel inlet from rad support . Down sized 9' to new 8' Steel flat bed
Was a 77 454 w/308 gear. Taken out 550 lbs. up front with motor clip change.
Pontiac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #13
Ziegelsteinfaust

If your going for a bit of a custom touch. Aircraft style latches are a nice upgrade. I am using those on my Camaro project.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:27 AM   #14
dagnabbitt

I bought the LMC belts, and wouldn't do it again. Installation was so maddening that to this day I have yet to get around to the passenger side. For two years its been like that.

I figured the next time I would buy from these guys, someone posted this site awhile ago and they look pretty good.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/produ...art/0/shipping
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #15
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
I bought the LMC belts, and wouldn't do it again. Installation was so maddening that to this day I have yet to get around to the passenger side. For two years its been like that.

I figured the next time I would buy from these guys, someone posted this site awhile ago and they look pretty good.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/produ...art/0/shipping
To me, those look very similar to the LMC belts.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #16
rgunlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu60 View Post
I got my seatbelts from the SeatBeltStore.com, and yes the buckle side of the belt is way too long. I contacted them about getting a shorter one and was told that they were sold that length so that they wouldn't pull through the seat if you move the seat all the way forward. It bugs me some, but so far not enough to remove them and find someone with a sewing machine.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #17
Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
I got my seatbelts from the SeatBeltStore.com, and yes the buckle side of the belt is way too long. I contacted them about getting a shorter one and was told that they were sold that length so that they wouldn't pull through the seat if you move the seat all the way forward. It bugs me some, but so far not enough to remove them and find someone with a sewing machine.
The bucket seat one on the site shows as being 7" shorter. And looks like it is the same as the original bench belt. I put buckets in my truck and the stock bench belt buckle sits at exactly the right spot.

Alex.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote