The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2016, 09:29 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

LT1 GenV swap

After being away from the forum for almost a whole year, Ive made my way back! With my current 2003 5.3/4l60e swap going on 6+ years the transmission starting to slip, I decided instead of a rebuild, swap in something new. 2015 powertrain new. Cant beat 380 hp ish with E85 and 6 speeds of fun. Ive already done one of the LT1 GenV swaps for a friend I work with, aboesec10. The engine and trans if all goes well should be here in about a week or 2. I still need to wrap up one other project before I take my double D down.

Ill take pictures and all that mumbo jumbo as progress is made.

Just like the other LT1 swap, I will be using the factory fuel pump, fuel pump module, fuel pump pressure sensor, factory accelerator pedal, factory harness modified to standalone. I will add the E85 composition sensor to run the e85.
Fuel lines will be braided capable of e85
Exhaust - not sure if the factory manifolds will work - no worries if not as I have a setup for header fabrication and icengineworks header modeling kit for a set of headers that will fit with clearance to spare.

Main difference in the L83.. power steering problem. I am not satisfied with the current aftermarket bracket solutions. I am going to design my own mounts to use a power steering pump on the driver side, and the alternator in the factory L83 location (passenger side). I picked up a hydrolocked 5.3 and 6l80 drivetrain pullout for mockup up from craigslist for cheap and for spare parts. I already have the cylinder head bolt holes mapped in cad so all that's left is to start mocking things up.

As far as cluster... only option is likely aftermarket or modify the factory cluster somehow. The e92 pcm doesn't have a vss or tach output so no option to use factory gauges except the fuel and volt gauge. Oil pressure can be used if adding aftermarket sensor. No coolant temp in the cylinder head on the L83 heads Ill cross that road later

As far as cooling the engine, i plan to use the Silverado fan assemblies somehow.

A/C - factory compressor - w/o ecu control for the time being - goal is to have a module made or retrofit the factory module to send the proper a/c request signal so the idle is increased and all that stuff.

I still have all of my wiring notes, pinouts etc so wiring isn't going to be a issue.

Once the motor arrives, I'll update with pictures,
Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote