The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2021, 02:23 AM   #1
Missyblue

Front fender gasket help

While I'm waiting on my dad to return to do the big stuff trying to research and be ready. Having trouble understanding my fender gasket kit for the front. Theres only a little rubber left on my truck (a thin layer where the fender runs near the cowl to the door. And a little running down the large fender surface where it mounts to the cab but is rotten and disformed . so have not much reference. I have 3 different types of rubber sent in my kit. I'm assuming 1 goes under the inner fender, number 3 looks like it might be the one that goes outer fender to cab and then would the u shaped one slide on the inner fender where it comes near the firewall. I just didnt remember that touching the firewall but it's ben awhile haha. Also seems where I have a layer like material number 1 it's not shown in the fender kit diagrams as covered.

Its tempting to think the u shaped one would go on the inner fender surface labeled 1 in the photo since it would cushion the fender and the hood surface but the pictures make that seem wrong haha

Also I'm assuming these would also be glued down a bit? Thank you. Oh and I just had to out a fender on to see. Been over a year since it kinda looked like a truck
Attached Images

Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote