The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #51
mtndewmaniac66
Do the Dew!

Re: gas prices

$2.99 to $3.09 for regular unleaded. $3.29 for premium for my truck.
mtndewmaniac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #52
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

Not high enough! I hope the price goes to $10 a gallon. Maybe then the collective genius of this country will invest sufficient resources to finding alternatives. OOOOh G.D do I like driving my '67 with the lumpy-cammed 327 and I would like to continue to. But in order for this to happen we need to convert our planes, trains, and majority of automobiles to run on something else- so us gearheads can keep drinkin' King Abdullah's petrol at a lower price (hopefully). Maybe it's a biofuel (not corn based...that dog won't hunt for long) Maybe it's plug-in electric, maybe CNG, Fuel Cell, but probably a combination of all of these. Combine that with Solar and Wind power for electricity generation. Geo-thermal and Solar Gain for private home heating and a plethora (I love that word) of other technologies and we just might get a handle on all this. I for one would rather see India and China fight the "Oil Wars" than to have our troops put in harms way so we can keep financing Saudi Arabia's radical islamic madrossa's! Somebody stop me....I gettin' pretty high up on that soapbox!
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #53
Billhilly

$5.27 a gallon for 91 octane here in the Southern Ocean. $3.67 for LPG. Hmmmm.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #54
Zonaman

Well, if it goes much higher it might be feasable to develop oil shale depsoits- that's about 2 trillion barrels right there!

Last edited by Zonaman; 03-08-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Zonaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #55
David Flores

3 bucks
Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #56
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Talking Re: gas prices

ok I'm ready to go !!!!!!
Attached Images

19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 AM   #57
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Talking Re: gas prices

how many knot's per hour you think this will go ??????????????
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #58
ABHaulR

well around here its 2.95 reg.
i work about 1 mile from home so its not to bad for me
Dwayne
ABHaulR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #59
Boog
laying low

$3.09 right now for regular and $3.60 for diesel.
I found this interesting. A coworker who has been driving a crewcab F250 Stroke to work, about 100 miles one way, just recently started driving a smaller ranger truck instead and his 1st months fuel bill was $800 less. Same miles driven only smaller truck and a gas engine. Sure turned on the light for him.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #60
odog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonaman View Post
Not so fast there. Take a look at this. The oil companies are making only about 7 cents profit per gallon. The refineries about 31 cents. The taxes amount to 62 cents! And lest we forget- Congress mandates fuel standards resulting in exotic gasoline cocktails that run up prices even more! On top of that Congress (again) along with our pals the environmentalists haven't allowed any exploration, drilling, or consrtuction of new refineries in this country in how many decades? So the thugs in the Middle-East and Venezuela take up the slack! Who do you think would build a more environmentally friendly drilling & refining operation, us or these stellar world citizens? Finally, the price of oil is market driven. The Chinese and the Indians are idustrializing and drving up demand, Gotta make more supply here folks! And then there's corn- Don't even get me started on the wisdom of turning a basic food grain into fuel!

You want to blame someone don't be too quick to gang up on the oil companies. Congress could cut the price of oil overnight just by rolling back taxes!

I agree. There is untold amounts oil under AMERICAN soil that we are not allowed to even think about, let alone drill for. I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly there is more oil under AMERICAN soil than there is in Saudi Arabia. If this is true, we should be able to bring fuel prices down, stabalize our economy and get back to normal life. BUT it seems to me that there are groups of people in this country that would rather have us in constant termoil worrying if we are on the edge of a crisis. Eco Nazi's are so worried about saving the trees and other resources that they are blind to the fact that we use these things to survive. Sorry I could go on all day about this, I am bothered by Eco Nazi's almost daily, and I just have to vent sometimes.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #61
pyro883

I say we switch to Hydrogen. Sure people freak out about it because its flamable so is gas. Think about this part though, the only emissions would be water, you can sperate the hydrogen from the water to create more fuel from your emissions, while you would still have to fill up with more hydrogen because of the energy loss seperating the hydrogen from the oxygen in water, what little emissions you would let out after that process would just be oxygen.
pyro883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #62
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

$4.09 for diesel this morning at the 76. Thats just the begining... just wait. The Feds print money and hand it out... the global value of the dollar falls. The liberals (on both sides of the isle) wont let us drill or refine. And look at the loonies we have running for president. Get out and get mad (vote), or get out your bicycles.
Sorry, thats just the way it is.
PS. while we are austensibly 'saving the planet', China is drilling and buying up oil tracts as fast as they can. Thanks Algore.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #63
mtndewmaniac66
Do the Dew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonaman View Post
Well, if it goes much higher it might be feasable to develop oil shale depsoits- that's about 2 trillion barrels right there!
Funny that you mention that. I happen to live in a town that has more than tripled in population in the last two years. We have oil wells planted all over south of us, gas exploration is going to have another boom, ( that is what I am reading in the papers, and word of mouth from Western petroleum, Halliburton, Schlumberger, WestRoc, and the list continues). Not to mention that there is going to be a new facility to be built in Debeque, Colorado, and it will also be the central operations location. (if I stated that right) It will be for the extraction operations of oil shale.

I see that there is a lot of debate as to what we should do about the rising costs of fuel. There is no clear answer at this time that can be adopted. The population increase plays a huge part of the increase for demand, but with the demand for the conversion to alternative fuels I feel that we can overcome our needs for fossil fuels all together.

I can go on as to what I see in the papers, on TV, on the radio, etc. But I am sure that we all have heard the same stories. I just wish that there is a definite solution before my time is up. But hey, I am only a pawn in the playing field.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #64
mtndewmaniac66
Do the Dew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vogel View Post
$4.09 for diesel this morning at the 76. Thats just the begining... just wait. The Feds print money and hand it out... the global value of the dollar falls. The liberals (on both sides of the isle) wont let us drill or refine. And look at the loonies we have running for president. Get out and get mad (vote), or get out your bicycles.
Sorry, thats just the way it is.
PS. while we are austensibly 'saving the planet', China is drilling and buying up oil tracts as fast as they can. Thanks Algore.
We got lucky that our permits (3600 plus) were approved before the government shut them down. Right now though, most of our drilling companies are capping off the holes, (smart move I think), when the drilling is stopped the companies can tie in and start the extraction process.

I will back out now, the ground underneath my soap box is starting to get shaky.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #65
Redneck-Mafia

Hey guys, my 2 cents...

I have an '05 Yukon XL with the z code (flex-fuel) engine. It states right in the owners manual that E85 produces less power and burns faster so you will have to fuel up more often and you must run gasoline to tow!

Yeah, they've got us old truck guys by the.....wallets.

Has anyone swapped in a new crate motor? I understand they get approximately 20 MPG for the small blocks???

69 Chevy C10
42 BSA WM20
47 Harley WL
Redneck-Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #66
tim21391

i use to run 91 octane(premium) and thats now around 3.50 or so...so im back to normal 87 octane and im paying about 3.02...
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote