The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2018, 02:53 AM   #1
inrustwetrust

Betty the Budget 4x4 92 RCSB

So I wanted an extra truck to try to save some of the wear and tear on my 2005 GMC sierra. I found this rough 1992 k1500 shortbed 5 speed on craigslist one day for $700, emailed the owner and eventually had a call back. I found out the truck was in running and moving condition, supposedly had the motor rebuilt at some point in its life, and some sort of transmission work. I never believe the stories.

So I went to look at the truck, found it in ROUGH shape. bald front tires, pitman arm DEATH wobble, dash in 25 pieces in the bed with wiring everywhere, window regulators messed up and left down in the rain so the interior and carpet stank. Worked a deal a good bit lower than the asking price and I drove the truck home with no dash and seat that weren't bolted down.

So I've had the truck for about a month now working on it when I get time/space. So far I've replaced a few body panels as well as the dash and seat with used junkyard units. Converted to a bench seat in the process. Repaired the headlight switch wiring, replaced the pitman arm, and done a lot of pressure washing/cleaning. Right now I sit with right around $700 invested total. Time to start having some fun.
Attached Images

inrustwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote