The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #51
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Had a sticker made, What do you think?

Guys, Josh will get back with you when he is able to. Not tryin to be an ass or anything.. but I told you guys to contact him. Which was done, but then I am contacted as well. Then someone comes in chat, to ask me about it again. If I was going to handle it I would had said so in this post.. and not said contact Josh.

Also, usually when folks make things using the site name and or logo, without permission first.. the answer is no. This time he is considering it, so be glad

Again, I am not trying to be an ass.. but it was not at the top of the list to do. Keeping the site from crashing so we can discuss this with you is.

Texan.. I dunno what to say. Josh and I both can speak for ourselves and really dont need you to be a liaison for us. If you need something in the future, use PM where we will take care of it as we can. Coming in chat did nothing but stop us from projects we were working on last night. Irritate the hell out of my by telling us how patient you have been so far, as if its your right to do what you wish and when... etc. Then coming here and talking for us yet again.. simply irritating. As well as making it look bad for wilson, whom was actually going through the proper channels.

As I said earlier, not tryin to be an ass.. Just letting you know where we are at. Wilson, Josh will get back with you soon on this.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #52
Wilson_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Guys, Josh will get back with you when he is able to. Not tryin to be an ass or anything.. but I told you guys to contact him. Which was done, but then I am contacted as well. Then someone comes in chat, to ask me about it again. If I was going to handle it I would had said so in this post.. and not said contact Josh.

Also, usually when folks make things using the site name and or logo, without permission first.. the answer is no. This time he is considering it, so be glad

Again, I am not trying to be an ass.. but it was not at the top of the list to do. Keeping the site from crashing so we can discuss this with you is.

Texan.. I dunno what to say. Josh and I both can speak for ourselves and really dont need you to be a liaison for us. If you need something in the future, use PM where we will take care of it as we can. Coming in chat did nothing but stop us from projects we were working on last night. Irritate the hell out of my by telling us how patient you have been so far, as if its your right to do what you wish and when... etc. Then coming here and talking for us yet again.. simply irritating. As well as making it look bad for wilson, whom was actually going through the proper channels.

As I said earlier, not tryin to be an ass.. Just letting you know where we are at. Wilson, Josh will get back with you soon on this.

Thanks Liz for getting back to me with a update. The reason I pm'ed you is because a Mod suggested it.

Thanks

Northern California Group

Met list: Cyclone, KCJones, TranzAm, extd56, hotrodhomi, mnky30, Rokcrln, Brad, JerryJones, Petey-pablo, 72Subby

Last edited by Wilson_; 09-28-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #53
420am

In for one as well.

Waste my bandwidth and listen to some great tunes >> http://www.radioxenu.com (Live Shows with yours truly every Friday)
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #54
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Liz- I politely contacted you guys and asked where it was at in the chat room (since PMs seemed to have failed us). Josh had said he had forgotten it because he was sick (perfectly fine) the week earlier. Is a reminder a bad thing in the chat room when the OP and Members were wondering where this was going with no response? Even at the suggestion of other moderators to PM you guys?

No need to publicly call me out on little bits like this. None of us got hostile anywhere and I tried damn hard to be nice.

Last edited by texanidiot25; 09-27-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #55
b-rad
Account Suspended

Quote:

**** like this is why im done with this ****y ass board young man trying to help a friend out and u have to go off on him **** that **** u all can have your board
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #56
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
**** like this is why im done with this ****y ass board young man trying to help a friend out and u have to go off on him **** that **** u all can have your board
thanks and have a great day as well.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 AM   #57
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
Liz- I politely contacted you guys and asked where it was at in the chat room (since PMs seemed to have failed us). Josh had said he had forgotten it because he was sick (perfectly fine) the week earlier. Is a reminder a bad thing in the chat room when the OP and Members were wondering where this was going with no response? Even at the suggestion of other moderators to PM you guys?

No need to publicly call me out on little bits like this. None of us got hostile anywhere and I tried damn hard to be nice.
If that is the version you wish to stick with so be it.. I am not arguing with you publicly.
Josh said he was sick, and had not gotten to catch up on his PMs. He then said he forgot he got it. Not that he forgot to reply.

I am not hostile. I dislike folks jumping in to be a liaison in a situation they know nothing about. As I said, it was being handled by wilson in the proper manner. You chose to come seek me out, whom was NOT handling this.

Quote:
Josh has to give permission for the logo or site name to be used. Its usually no issue, as long as users are not profiting from it. Just ensure you get permission from him before going ahead with anything other than your own use.

I honestly dont care if the mods or anyone said to contact me. If you read my post in this thread it states to contact Josh.

When you came in chat you did not seek out Josh, you went right to me again.

Quote:
03[23:22] * TexanIdiot25 (jirc@adsl-75-61-244-255.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net) has joined #67-72Chevy
[23:22] <TexanIdiot25> ello
01[23:22] <liz> hi
[23:23] <powerdriver> evening
[23:23] <gehidore> yes
01[23:23] <liz> NO
[23:24] <TexanIdiot25> Liz quick question. I was wondering what the progress was on considering the stickers Wilson_ hade made: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=363502
01[23:24] <liz> i dunno itold him to get with j
01[23:24] <liz> he pmd me
01[23:24] <liz> so i sent it to j
Not trying to hate, but the half hour of "discussing" this with you, stopped me from doing email and nightly junk I have to do here. I really don't care if folks come in chat to see if they can get help.. thats the point of it. If wilson felt the need to come to Josh, then he should had. If you were making the stickers, then maybe you should had.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #58
bac1755

I see bad things coming from this thread. I think for the time being I will stick with my nice sticker from cafe press.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #59
70cst

Guys...its time to sit back and chill a little. I agree this is a neat looking Sticker but we need to have Wilson_ be the point man and he alone should be contacting JOSH... It takes a lot of time to sort through all the issues to keep this site up and running. LIZ not only helps keep this site operating but she also has a family to raise. Family has to come first. I realize you all are trying to be helpful but when to many helpful hands get involved it just adds confusion. My suggestion is this (I hope I am not stepping on toes) ...Wilson_ I believe you have made contact with JOSH...which is good...now we need to wait until JOSH has some time to analyze this ... At some time JOSH will get back with an answer. It might be a week it could be a month but give JOSH the time he needs to make an informed decision. Look at it this way...when we were kids and Christmas was just around the corner it seemed like Christmas would never arrive but it did. It is the same with ideas such as this. It just takes time, JMHO

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #60
Wilson_

I did contact Josh, I only cc'ed Liz because she is a admin.. that is all. I have not bugged them or any other mods about this. and just have been patiently waiting to hear back.

Sorry for the drama it was not my intention at all.

Also please do not pm me about the stickers, I do not have any extras and can not sell them at the moment.

Northern California Group

Met list: Cyclone, KCJones, TranzAm, extd56, hotrodhomi, mnky30, Rokcrln, Brad, JerryJones, Petey-pablo, 72Subby
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #61
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson_ View Post
I did contact Josh, I only cc'ed Liz because she is a admin.. that is all. I have not bugged them or any other mods about this. and just have been patiently waiting to hear back.

Sorry for the drama it was not my intention at all.

Also please do not pm me about the stickers, I do not have any extras and can not sell them at the moment.
No problem Wilson_ ...My point was not really aimed at one person but to the thread in general. I think all meant well and sometimes we all want to help but... there are times when too many helpers causes headaches. This was the point LIZ was making. Since you were the one with the initial idea it is best for you to be the point man and communicator. You did right with your pm to JOSH and he is the main decision maker as far as this sticker goes. Sometimes it's hard to be patient but this is one of those times where its best just to sit back and relax and when the time is right the answer will come. Again great looking sticker...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #62
clos69
Its Topless Season!!!!

Please put me in line for one if you do get the goahead. thanks

1967 SWB Custom C-10 (Celeste)

Join the Patina Club
Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #63
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
No problem Wilson_ ...My point was not really aimed at one person but to the thread in general. I think all meant well and sometimes we all want to help but... there are times when too many helpers causes headaches. This was the point LIZ was making. Since you were the one with the initial idea it is best for you to be the point man and communicator. You did right with your pm to JOSH and he is the main decision maker as far as this sticker goes. Sometimes it's hard to be patient but this is one of those times where its best just to sit back and relax and when the time is right the answer will come. Again great looking sticker...
A much more proper response. Sorry for my actions, they were in good intent...
Old 09-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #64
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

I'll stick my neck out here and say......I honestly cannot for the life of me see were all this drama has risen from, nor can I see a reason for any long winded decision making process on whether or not these stickers should be produced for board members. If there is an issue of copyright infringement here, it will only come from someone directly profiting from the use or reproduction of the 67/72chevytrucks.com logo. To avoid this I would say that if this product were produced by an outsider on behalf of this board then any and all profits must go to the board...alternativly! if the board produces them by and for itself for paying members to purchase in the usual manner, then there is simply no problem.
I have a link to this site in my YouTube channel....no infringement there, just free advertising.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #65
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
I'll stick my neck out here and say......I honestly cannot for the life of me see were all this drama has risen from, nor can I see a reason for any long winded decision making process on whether or not these stickers should be produced for board members. If there is an issue of copyright infringement here, it will only come from someone directly profiting from the use or reproduction of the 67/72chevytrucks.com logo. To avoid this I would say that if this product were produced by an outsider on behalf of this board then any and all profits must go to the board...alternativly! if the board produces them by and for itself for paying members to purchase in the usual manner, then there is simply no problem.
I have a link to this site in my YouTube channel....no infringement there, just free advertising.
Linking is not the same as using the site name or logo. We appreciate the link, but it is not the same thing as using the site name in products.
There is not an issue with using it, with permission from Josh, as many have done in the past.. as long as it is not for profit. As said Josh will get back to the OP with the info.

Until then, this thread is closed. It has run its course and Texan has decided to take it to PM as well.
Closed Thread